The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Balo looks set to join the Scousers.

Rodgers has certainly dealt with his type before in Suarez but his issues were mostly in game. Balo has question marks off and on the pitch. But if he's focused, the trio of Sterling, Studge, and Balotelli are very lethal.

Balo looks set to join the Scousers.

Rodgers has certainly dealt with his type before in Suarez but his issues were mostly in game. Balo has question marks off and on the pitch. But if he's focused, the trio of Sterling, Studge, and Balotelli are very lethal.

love Balo, he's a great footballer and character. I hope he does well there... just not against City.

Bayern barely held on against Wolfsburg 2-1 (got a crummy stream, too excited to wait until I got home to watch on GolTV).. Wolfsburg had a huge chance in the second half to tie, hit the bar, then got the ball back with a gaping net and missed. :lol:

Edited by Mr. Ambien

If Diego Costa stays healthy, Chelsea are the easy favourites. Notwithstanding a late transfer, the only weakness to theBlue Devils side is a Diego Costa injury.

Just get rid of Torres, please.

Torres, on that wage, is going nowhere sadly. Best we can hope for is a rekindled confidence during his limited minutes. Otherwise it's 2 seasons of a black hole.

love Balo, he's a great footballer and character. I hope he does well there... just not against City.

he's a walking circus. i wouldn't want him, to be honest. unimpressive record in england. liverpool would be his 4th major club and he's, what, 24? i dunno. it's a gamble, unless he takes a serious wage cut, imo

Balotelli's new deal comes with a supposed behaviour clause and a pay cut so I imagine he's starting to realize that it's time to smarten up. Though he has his own huge ego, I can't see Balo and Rodgers having regular bust ups that Balotelli has had with his other managers. Rodgers is pretty straight-forward with his players with no side ego coming into play, something which could not be said for Mancini or Mourinho.

Like I said before, if he's focused, and that's a big if at this point, he's easily a game-changer and he instantly becomes a terrific buy, especially after the fee agreed.