The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

If you're a general fan then it's good as you have access to a lot of games. I'm not getting it this season because I cancelled my TV package and I'm hoping to go down to the supporters club more. They show every Liverpool game live no matter the time. I'd say it's definitely worth it if you like European sports (I think they show Rugby and Cricket too).

Manchester United will start the season off with new manager Louis Van Gaal. He has high expectations and wants Man U to start winning. They will kick the season off against Swansea. RVP is drained so he won't be able to play. Welbeck is injured.

Louis Van Gaal will start a 3- 4-1- 2 formation.

Youngsters Lingard and Blackett will make their debuts.

Man Utd starting 11

De Gea

Jones

Blackett

Smalling

Fletcher

Ander Herrera

Lingard

Mata

Rooney

Hernandez

Subs

James

Amos

Januzaj

Nani

Go Man Utd!!!!! Here's to a great season.

• Upvote 1

Not a great start to the season so far losing to Swansea. I hope United can sign some new CB's because Smalling and Jones just can't get it done. Also if they can get Arturo Vidal and maybe Cuadrado, we could challenge for a CL spot.

Yeah if they get Rojo too then this team could go on a year this season especially With Rooney being beast every game in my mind.

Manchester United will start the season off with new manager Louis Van Gaal. He has high expectations and wants Man U to start winning. They will kick the season off against Swansea. RVP is drained so he won't be able to play. Welbeck is injured.

Louis Van Gaal will start a 3- 4-1- 2 formation.

Youngsters Lingard and Blackett will make their debuts.

Man Utd starting 11

De Gea

Jones

Blackett

Smalling

Fletcher

Ander Herrera

Lingard

Mata

Rooney

Hernandez

Subs

James

Amos

Januzaj

Nani

Go Man Utd!!!!! Here's to a great season.

Weak squad. Bunch of potentials in the squad with Rooney being the only elite player and Mata being the only other star. van Persie will help make push for top 4 but they have too many holes in MF and even DF.

My prediction: not gonna win the title and not going to finish top 4 (Champion's league next season). With Liverpool losing Suarez who was half of their offence, they have a chance at 4th place finish.

It's so easy to be objective when analyzing a team that you don't really give shit about... Canucks on the other hand... will make the playoffs and upset Anaheim and LA on their route to the conference final next season :)

In all seriousness, MU is a lot like the Canucks in the sense that these two teams were consistently at the top of the standings and slipped off last season, looking to rebound. Both hired new coaches. In the Canucks' case, new GM and president as well.

Difference is that it looks like the MU owners are being frugal (again) and they didn't acquire anyone great. The Canucks owners seemed to have opened up their wallet.