The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Schneider = Landeskog in value?

Sandro17

Landeskog is an Ovechkin type player, and he could reach that level.

Ovechkin was a force in his rookie year, Landeskog doesn't exactly have the same pedigree either, but is a much more responsible and well composed. Ovechkin is more of a "loose cannon". Landeskog should be a captain, Ovechkin should not.

Landeskog is also miles better defensively than Ovechkin was in his rookie year, although Landeskog was brought up in the North American system so that isn't a very fair comparison.

What are your thoughts? This is just my analysis after watching them both.

My point is though, if Landeskog was on the table for Schneider I would take it and never look back.

I posted this in another thread.

I've heard rumours of Schneids to Columbus for Jack Johnson or Moore, plus their first pick in this years draft...which could be number one overall. That first overall from Columbus could be huge.

And in case you aren't familiar with the talent at the top of this years draft, here are the top two rated by Central Scouting:

1. LW Nail Yakupov – Sarnia (OHL):

2. LC Mikhail Grigorenko – Quebec (QMJHL):

I've heard rumours of Schneids to Columbus for Jack Johnson or Moore, plus their first pick in this years draft...which could be number one overall. That first overall from Columbus could be huge.

And in case you aren't familiar with the talent at the top of this years draft, here are the top two rated by Central Scouting:

As a Colorado fan living in BC, I watch both the Avalanche and the Canucks very frequently.

First, Landeskog is THE player on Colorado. He plays in every situation. How many rookies out there are consistently relied on to deliver whether up a goal or down a goal at any moment during a game? He has become the leader of an NHL franchise at 19 years of age, and I will be very surprised if he is not the next captain of the Avalanche. I cannot overstate the worth that he has; barring injuries or unforseen stalls in development, this kid is going to be an elite NHL player. Simply put, he does everything.

Coming from the perspective of outside the Canuck fanbase, and yet still watching Schneider play, this is what I think:

Yes he is a good goalie, no question. But he is nowhere close to the same value as Gabriel Landeskog. To think so is either from just not knowing enough about Landeskog, or being completely biased. I am willing to bet that Colorado holds Semyon Varlamov's value higher than Schneider's anyway.

Gabriel Landeskog is the centrepiece of the Colorado Avalanche, and nothing is going to be enough to lure him away.

This trade proposal is as far-fetched as I have seen in a long while, and I don't mean any disrespect by that; I am trying to be as objective as possible when rating these two players.

Landeskog is an Ovechkin type player, and he could reach that level.

Ovechkin was a force in his rookie year, Landeskog doesn't exactly have the same pedigree either, but is a much more responsible and well composed. Ovechkin is more of a "loose cannon". Landeskog should be a captain, Ovechkin should not.

Landeskog is also miles better defensively than Ovechkin was in his rookie year, although Landeskog was brought up in the North American system so that isn't a very fair comparison.

What are your thoughts? This is just my analysis after watching them both.

My point is though, if Landeskog was on the table for Schneider I would take it and never look back.

Archived