The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Schneider = Landeskog in value?

Sandro17

If Zack Kassian works out here (and he will) I dont think we need to add any major peices to our lineup with the cory trade. I would rather see us stock our cupboards with picks so we are in a better position down the road when some of our current stars start to slow down

2 firsts for corey would be nice, a third for mayray and a thrid for ballard

does anyone know if shroeder can play wing?

I don't see them trading somebody that could come back to bite them to a team in the same division and later same conference. I don't think they make the Zack Kassian trade if it wasn't Buffalo they were trading with.

Schneider will go to Tampa Bay or New Jersey. Maybe Columbus.

Why does everyone keep saying he's better then Ovechkin?

He's not close to the level Ovechkin was in his rookie year... He may suck now, but Landeskog isn't better then him now.

Landeskog is an Ovechkin type player, and he could reach that level.

Ovechkin was a force in his rookie year, Landeskog doesn't exactly have the same pedigree either, but is a much more responsible and well composed. Ovechkin is more of a "loose cannon". Landeskog should be a captain, Ovechkin should not.

Landeskog is also miles better defensively than Ovechkin was in his rookie year, although Landeskog was brought up in the North American system so that isn't a very fair comparison.

What are your thoughts? This is just my analysis after watching them both.

My point is though, if Landeskog was on the table for Schneider I would take it and never look back.

I was posted that for fun, wanted to see if anyone knows who his brother is? Minnesota Wild enforcer.

Schneider can get a Varlamov return but if he continues to perform well I can't see why he won't be able to fetch 2 1st rounders or a 1st rounder + top-end prospect.

Schneider is going to be a star, no doubt. Showing way more potential than Varlamov, Neuvirth, and Mason (other goaltenders that were highly touted, I don't believe that they can keep up to what their potential was but they can still be solid 1B goaltenders with the expection of Varlamov, he can still be a 1A).

I think Schneider's value is close to what Washington got for Varlamov.

I do see Tampa being willing to offer their 1st ( around 7th-10th overall) and a high quality prospect like Connolly or Namestnikov for him, possibly even receiving a goalie, Tokarski, back in trade. Vancouver would probably be looking to draft one of the high quality D with this pick; Dumba, Reinhart, Pouliot, Trouba etc.

Like the Hodgson deal it would bolster our organization's depth considerably.

If Zack Kassian works out here (and he will) I dont think we need to add any major peices to our lineup with the cory trade. I would rather see us stock our cupboards with picks so we are in a better position down the road when some of our current stars start to slow down

2 firsts for corey would be nice, a third for mayray and a thrid for ballard

does anyone know if shroeder can play wing?

What about Schneider, Raymond, and a second for Eric Brewer, Brett Connolly and a first? Use Tampa's first to draft Mikhail Grigorenko, then use our first to draft a d man. So our roster for next year would look like:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Connolly - Grigorenko - Kassian

Lapierre - Malhotra - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Brewer

Drafted d man - ????

Luongo

Landeskog - Seguin - Eberle

vs

Hall - Nuge - Eberle

I think if Edmonton were to pass on Hall and Nuge, they would have an even better kid line. Maybe they just want Canadian players though.

I always though RNH was good though

43 points, 18 goals, +19 , and he's 2nd in rookie scoring, and he's not a sniper?

He's only a goal behind Matt Read in scoring goals as a rookie.

Looks like a sniper to me.

I'd love to see him with the Sedins, but the Av's won't trade him to us even if they do need Schneider.

Archived