The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

If he's as die hard of a Canuck fan as he says he is, if I'm him there's nothing that would change my mind from living out my dream and playing for the Canucks. I would want to sign here and be known as part of the reason Vancouver won its first Stanley Cup.

Interesting tweets:

Sonny@sonny1981

Hearing from someone reliable that although EDM made great presentation, Schultz seems committed to joining VAN.

Sonny@sonny1981

He will review each short-listed team one more time tomorrow with agent before making decision in afternoon.

This shouldn't be considered a valid source or anything but you never know who's got the scoop. Take it with a grain of salt.

I honestly wouldn't blame him if he chose to go to a city where there is a guaranteed top 4 spot waiting for him in October. At this point of his life, developing his career should mean more anything, and that includes playing for his favorite team. Seriously, the whole childhood-dream-team thing can wait until he's older.

AV is known to be horrible with developing rookies, and GMMG has a history of trading them away. If Kesler doesn't revert back to a Selke winning 40G player, our window of opportunity to win a cup is going to end real soon.. whereas Edmonton, a team that is currently stacked with young talent (Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov) will definitely be a contender in a few years.

Do you have a link other then go watch tsn at 25 second mark? What show and what clip did he say this?

By the way dreger appears to have no connections with canucks, at least with this story, this week he has not even mentioned on twitter van was ever in the running, or even making a presentation. Someone even asked him what about van? And he never responded. Sounds like hes in the dark when it comes to us.

Do you have a link other then go watch tsn at 25 second mark? What show and what clip did he say this?

By the way dreger appears to have no connections with canucks, at least with this story, this week he has not even mentioned on twitter van was ever in the running, or even making a presentation. Someone even asked him what about van? And he never responded. Sounds like hes in the dark when it comes to us.

Mckenzie also reported some gm's in the league think schultz will just end up in van.

Archived