The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

Salo not coming back?

Gillis said the team does want to re-sign defenceman Sami Salo, who becomes an unrestricted free agent on Sunday.

"We have been talking to Sami and his agent over the last few weeks," Gillis said. "We'll see how it goes.

"Sami has been an excellent player here, he has an opportunity to continue to be an excellent player here and if he decides to test the market, that's his choice. He's entitled to it."

That seems likely as reports Friday out of Finland suggested the Canucks' lone offer to Salo was not a particularly good one and the two sides have not talked in three weeks.

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz1zGOL5IwL

Man tambelini is such a joke... I hate that organization; all this loosing to win crap. Now pulling in 2 guys that have nothing to do with the current organization or how its run anymore...? joke I hope these prospects flop and they turn into the next Florida Panthers of 2000

C'mon now guys. If we had a guy like Gretzky as our alumni we would expect him to help our franchise too. Everyone on these boards is a hockey fan, lets respect the best player to play our beloved game.

It's all good, Schultz will sign with the Canucks, I have faith in Miller's judgement even though I argued against him regarding this topic.

Archived