The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cats Being Killed In Maple Ridge (Warning The Article Is Brutal)

AppleJack

Why is that? It's not like they go around pestering people or destroying their gardens. They just mind their own business.

We use to let our cat out all the time. With the exception of a few fights with other cats around the neighborhood, letting her out was never an issue.

Very sad story about the cats :(

I forget where it was but I remember a while ago hearing that these thieves broke into a house and before leaving, they stuck the house cat in the microwave and I don't think they served any time for it. I was sick to my stomach after hearing that. Some people are pure evil.

My cat would be so sad if she didn't get to go outside, our house backs right onto the UBC endowment lands and she had survived 17+ years without becoming a coyote snack or anything else, as have many other neighbourhood pets. My old roommates cat used to cry by the door every day to go outside even though he wasn't allowed, it was really depressing.

The risks stated are not really any greater than saying humans shouldn't go outside because of cars, murderers, air pollution, contagious illnesses, trains, lightning, falling trees,and hundreds of other things that can happen to both people and cats when they go outside their door. Can't stop living life.

Anyways, hopefully they catch the psycho, especially before he escalates (have I been watching too much Criminal minds?).

I remember from crim class that one of the first signs of a serial killer is that they abuse animals at a young age

So this could all be the work of some messed up adolescent kid

Hope they find whoever is responsible and deal with them in the appropriate way

My cat would be so sad if she didn't get to go outside, our house backs right onto the UBC endowment lands and she had survived 17+ years without becoming a coyote snack or anything else, as have many other neighbourhood pets. My old roommates cat used to cry by the door every day to go outside even though he wasn't allowed, it was really depressing.

The risks stated are not really any greater than saying humans shouldn't go outside because of cars, murderers, air pollution, contagious illnesses, trains, lightning, falling trees,and hundreds of other things that can happen to both people and cats when they go outside their door. Can't stop living life.

Anyways, hopefully they catch the psycho, especially before he escalates (have I been watching too much Criminal minds?).

I remember from crim class that one of the first signs of a serial killer is that they abuse animals at a young age

So this could all be the work of some messed up adolescent kid

Hope they find whoever is responsible and deal with them in the appropriate way

It isn't just killing the cats, it's mutilating... Killing is one thing but it's on another level to mutilate and torture as well as kill.

Many many serial killers began mutilating and killing animals. A large number of prisoners on death row for murder admit to abusing animals as children.

Jeffrey Dahmer dismembered animals as a child, then was charged with killing and dismembering at least 16 people...

Richard Kuklinski would torture animals for fun as a child... claimed to have killed over 200 people.

Denis Rader (BTK) tortured/killed animals, and killed at least 10 people.

Albert Disalvo (better known as the Boston Strangler) used to trap dogs and cats as a child and then shoot them with arrows.

Edward Emil Kemper lll was convicted of killing eight women, one of which was his own mother. When he was thirteen yrs. old he would kill neighborhood cats and put their heads on poles. Kemper killed his own cat, decapitated it and then cut it into small pieces. This is the same thing he did to his own mother!

David Berkowitz was convicted of thirteen murders and attempted murders. He used to abuse the neighborhood dogs. He shot one neighbors dog because according to him, the dog was an “evil force” that compelled him to kill.

Ted Bundy was convicted of two murders though he was suspected of at least forty! Bundy used to watch as his own father torture animals. Eventually, Bundy did the same.

Andrew Cunanan was the man who killed designer Versace and was suspected in the murders of five other people. Cunanan used to gather crabs and then burn their eyes out with a lighted match. He would watch their eyes sizzle then turn them loose.

Animal killing and dismemberment is a serial killer starter kit.

I've worked at an animal shelter and everyday, the animal control officers would get sent out on about 5 calls to pick up dead cats. As the other poster said, there's coyotes, raccoons, dogs, disease, cars, crazy neighbours, they get hurt jumping from high places, get locked into sheds/garages, etc. And cats can be perfectly happy being indoors all the time, as long as you're dilligent enough to make sure they don't wander out one time because once they do, then yes, they might always want to sneak out. Go to most rescues to adopt a cat and they will tell you to keep your cat indoors. So please don't go calling my statement stupid without having any knowledge on the subject.

Archived