The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Maple Leafs Apologize To Fans

I (as a Leafs fan) am giving the team 1 more year of my time. Clearly the teachers fund couldn't care less about winning and loyalty. Hopefully Rogers/Bell put Burkes job on the line and pressure him to make moves.

I sense a team blow up come draft day

No one should have to apologize for being who they are - losing is simply in the Leafs dna - if it were the case that they should have made the playoffs, then they should have apologized, but they were just living up to expectations. No need to apolgize.

Forget about making a successful playoff team, you guys need to put together a successful regular season team first.

This is really an odd move. Apologizing for not performing at the NHL level is just... kind of sad? Only the top 16 teams out of 30 get to play in the playoffs, and they are ALL competitive teams. There isn't any kind of winning formula, it's a combination of hard work, talent, practice, good coaching and luck.

It sucks that they haven't made the playoffs in so long, really unfortunate for the fans, but I think when you are at the professional level it isn't so much of a "we're sorry, we suck too bad" situation, it's more of a "our opponents are all just a little better than us in too many areas, and everything we try to do to fix it doesn't seem to work."

Archived