The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

...people Are Already Freaking Out?

Sedinry

OP +1

It's one game folks. Sure it wasn't great but I saw some positives. Lui was stellar. Yes he got beaten by Richards but had 4 or 5 other stops in the first that easily could have been goals. Booth looked energized. Hansen was good for the most part on the forecheck.

Keep positive for Friday.

You'd think we got blown out or something. Basically, it was a one goal game.

The team came out playing a hard hitting game, but the refs put a quick halt to that by assessing penalties. Even a minor snow shower was called so - here we go again. Yes, there were some dramatics but it comes in reaction when the refs draw a line but then back away from that and start letting (some) stuff go. It's a knee jerk reaction to respond to that. Doesn't make it right, but none of it is. Usually, we get the short end of the stick and that was once again the case last night. I hope the guys simply overlook it and move on...play through it all and continue to deliver hard hits vs rolling over to it (literally).

If you're going to call things, call them. If you're going to put the whistles away for the playoffs - do so. Again, we had refs who selectively called things while letting some go. It's playoffs...they need to get their act together and not become a factor whereby the Canucks feel the need to emphasize calls that should be made. Kings ran interference on Kes. Richards hauled Burr down more than once post play. It sounds like whining and ends up being diving but it shouldn't have to resort to that to begin with.

I felt ok about the game and thought the guys, once again, became a bit shellshocked when hits that could have (should have) been classified as good, solid playoff hockey hits were penalized. How do you play a physical game if that's the case?

But I'm with you on this - some are horrible when it comes to supporting the team. They're not fans, they glom on to the hot ticket item and don't really display (or likely feel) a connection at all. Half the people who show up for the playoffs don't bother beyond that and I feel bad for them having to put their flags up, take them down again after each game.

They need immediate gratification and don't take the bad with the good.

I'm not panicking. (yet)

It's one game, and though it hurts to lose (especially because the Canucks were outworked) there is plenty of time to right the ship.

That being said, they really need to pick up their play for the next game.

I don't really know, I guess I was just hoping our fan base would stop being so damn two faced.

We're the most spoiled fanbase in the league, We have one of the best passing duos in the history of the NHL, a Two way center that any other team in the league would just DIE to have, and 2 goalies that could carry any team in the league on a good night and we still manage to make ourselves look like a bunch of assholes.

seriouslyChan.png

Wtf Fans, Wtf. We are way better than this.

.... Remember a Few Weeks ago when me and some other People were Saying these Types of things and that we didn't believe they would be able to Flip the Switch come game 1.

Look what Happened, theres some of us who have actually been seeing this Teams Mediocre play for Weeks, we Mentioned it and the common Responses Were...

"The Teams Resting", "Were still first in the League", "We will be Able to flip the Switch come Playoffs".

Dumb Excuses, Didn't Believe em then, and Now I take it nobody does.

See As I said Im with this Guy, I can't Believe you all didn't see this Coming, Goaltending has Held us Together All year.

As for the Game It was Really Disappointing but I believe if we make some changes in our team Game that they can finally get there A game back before its too late..

No my calling him a toolbox was a personal attack that could have been edited. My point was that we should be discussing the positives and the negatives about the Canucks after a game in the PGT. Creating threads to whine about threads is redundant.

There was nothing to edit because that was the only content in your post. And, if you'd like to discuss this further please continue via p/m. :)

To set it straight: while I agree about the GDT/PGT (and furiously merged/closed last night in an attempt to keep to such), we sleep at night and threads open up in the wee hours as a result. With that and now that things have calmed down a bit, we'll allow some of these to stay as they've already generated some good discussion...I'm making sure some stay from both camps.

But, for future reference, questions of this nature SHOULD be directed via p/m, not in thread. Hope that helps. :)

Beware; Do not call out the Mods as I made the mistake of doing that during my drunken tirade after we lost to the Flames on Linden's last night. Long story short, I got to take a 6 month sabattical and it should have been longer, but Jory remembered they did a story on me and contacted me to iron it out. After some apologies and him realizing I was just overly passionate about Linden's last game and our missing the POs, we kissed and made up. LOL. OK, long story not so short.

Not to be an a** kisser, but you are doin great Deb! You are the Shane Hnidy of the CDC...

Exactly - its how they have played relying on officiating and poor prep and lack of getting the puck out of their zone mixed with shoddy goaltending all year.

people aren't freaking out about the loss....they're freaking out about how they lost....canucks played very poorly like this all year and it's showed in tonight's game.....

you can point your finger at the record and such....but it doesn't change the fact that they have played poorly....just saying 'look at the record' and ignoring how they have been playing is just silly....

If Luongo isn't sharp that was a 6-2 LA win last night.

we played most the game shorthanded and our PP was worse than non existent, same old.

Hopefully now the guys realize that they have to try now and get their crap together.

If we don't show up next game then people can start to think about shining up the golf clubs.

You'd think we got blown out or something. Basically, it was a one goal game.

The team came out playing a hard hitting game, but the refs put a quick halt to that by assessing penalties. Even a minor snow shower was called so - here we go again. Yes, there were some dramatics but it comes in reaction when the refs draw a line but then back away from that and start letting (some) stuff go. It's a knee jerk reaction to respond to that. Doesn't make it right, but none of it is. Usually, we get the short end of the stick and that was once again the case last night. I hope the guys simply overlook it and move on...play through it all and continue to deliver hard hits vs rolling over to it (literally).

If you're going to call things, call them. If you're going to put the whistles away for the playoffs - do so. Again, we had refs who selectively called things while letting some go. It's playoffs...they need to get their act together and not become a factor whereby the Canucks feel the need to emphasize calls that should be made. Kings ran interference on Kes. Richards hauled Burr down more than once post play. It sounds like whining and ends up being diving but it shouldn't have to resort to that to begin with.

I felt ok about the game and thought the guys, once again, became a bit shellshocked when hits that could have (should have) been classified as good, solid playoff hockey hits were penalized. How do you play a physical game if that's the case?

But I'm with you on this - some are horrible when it comes to supporting the team. They're not fans, they glom on to the hot ticket item and don't really display (or likely feel) a connection at all. Half the people who show up for the playoffs don't bother beyond that and I feel bad for them having to put their flags up, take them down again after each game.

They need immediate gratification and don't take the bad with the good.

Archived