The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is It Me Or Is Sidney Crosby Turning Into A More Dirty Player Every Day?

I have watched every game of the Flyers-Pens series so far and I see Sidney Crosby not as a leader or a role model. I see him as a petulant, whinging, whining crybaby who is dishing out more cheap shots than Matt Cooke and Derek Engelund combined.

Slashing. Spearing. Elbowing. Cross Checking. Hitting gloves away. Taking extra whacks at Bryz. "Fighting" Kimo Timonnen. I was hoping that Hartnell kicked his ass last night but, unlike Crosby, Hartnell seems to have respect for fellow players.

As a Canadian hockey fan, I have been proud to call Sidney one of the best talents in the world. I am not, however, a fan of the 2012 version of Crosby and I certainly would not crown him the Captain of Team Canada.

Crosby needs to focus his game more on his God-given skill set rather than on taking the role of the Matt Cookes and Aaron Ashams of the world.

Embarrassing! :sadno:

:towel::canucks:

He is not turning into a dirty player. The thing is media, as took his action in a negative way and he listened too all those crap instead of playing his skilled full hockey. One you get into a scrum, you lose the focus and you don't score a goal. Example, Kesler. game 1 vs LA.

Crosby was always dirty but most teams outside of the Atlantic division didn't seem to notice. Keep in mind Sidney Crosby once had 110 PIMs in 1 season without a single major. It's because when things don't go his way and teams frustrate him he looses his cool and acts no different then someone like Sean Avery.

Cute little post game quotes from Crosby

Q: When you knocked Voracek’s glove on the ice and hit it away was that just out of frustration?

“I don’t like any guy on their team there. It was near me and he went to pick it up and I pushed it.”

Q: Why don’t you like them?

“I don’t like them, because I don’t like any guy on their team so.”

Q: The fighting and such was that you trying to spark their team a little bit?

“Yea, guys are emotional and there is a lot of stuff going on out there. There is no reason to explain. I don’t have to sit here and explain why I pushed a glove away they are doing a lot of things out there too. You know what, we don’t like each other. Was I going to sit there and pick up his glove? What was I supposed to do?”

Q: You could skate away.

“Skate away? Oh well I didn’t that time.”

He's playing with an edge. People are constantly going after him every game. If I was the best player and people were constantly coming at me for no reason, I'd be dirty too. Blame the league. They turned him into the player he is today.

Dirty, offensive powerhouse.

I love the new Crosby, he's grown tired of all the crap and is actually sticking up for himself.

Call him whiny all you want but when you're at the top of your profession, making nearly 9 million dollars a year I think you have every right and then some to whine all you want.

I love the new Crosby, he's grown tired of all the crap and is actually sticking up for himself.

Call him whiny all you want but when you're at the top of your profession, making nearly 9 million dollars a year I think you have every right and then some to whine all you want.

I respect Crosby because he, unlike so many players now-a-days, speaks the truth. He HATES the Flyers. That is the way hockey should be at this level. He also spoke the complete truth when he said no side (Phi/Pit) is innocent.

Archived