The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Kesler Out Upto 6 Months After Shoulder Surgery

hockeyville88

Agreed. This might give him a better shot to make the roster but he may very well have a hard time adjusting to the NHL with his lack of size and it is not like he was lighting up the AHL either.

I think they have to go hard after UFA Chris Kelly now. They need a proven NHL center who can fill in on the 2nd line until Kesler returns.

Hodgson trade keeps looking worse and worse now doesn't it?

I do hope he doesn't come back until he is fully healed this time. Even still he will not have his entire legs from being unable to train properly in the off-season.

This sucks; we really need him healthy and 100% for this team to be truly successful.

Do you watch him play? Probably not.

Second line center is the only real position he will be able to play since I don't see him being a third line centre.

He's taken huge steps in his two way game this season, and obviously his passing and skating are elite. Unfortunately everyone writes him off right away because of his size. I have a feeling he's going to surprise alot of people though, just like Grabner did, and just like Hodgson did.

Burrows suffered roughly the same injury 2 seasons ago and it took him 5 months to recover from surgery.

Just saying that"up to" really does just mean "up to". It could take less time, but Kesler obviously shouldn't rush it. Hopefully he's learned something from last season's experience.

I would rather Kesler to rest up and be 100% and once he is 100%, I would also rather him to have some training to work on his shots just like summer training during the month of December then have him in the line-up after the New Year's, that way he can have the proper condition and strength to his overall game. Just my 2 cents. I feel that he needs some training after missing his "summer training" for two years in a row.

Where you the one rioting last year? Probably.

I was simply commenting on the fact that he is not ready, and I mean not even close to ready. This is how you destroy prospects, giving them an job at which they will not succeed.

I am not just cherry picking stats either, I tend to watch quite a bit of AHL hockey especially playoff hockey so yes I have watched the Wolves as well. And Hodgson wasn't really a surprise. The guy always had the skill and talent to play in the NHL.

Great.. Kesler misses yet another off-season of training. I really hope this time he patiently makes his way back into the line-up so we don't have to hear the excuses for the whole season..

Awful news though, I didn't think the recovery time would be this severe. He always has a serious injury in every season it seems..

Get well Kes.

Shoulder is a little different, in that at least you can start up all the skating & aerobic training much earlier.

Lets hope at least...

From the Canucks

Farhan

So sounds like he'll miss the start of next season again :(

Hopefully this means he'll be back to 100% health when he returns. A healthy Kes = a productive Kes and a productive Kes = a happy fanbase :)

Happy healing!

Do you really believe that Schroeder has the upside of a Hodgson?

I am aware of his speed and U18 scoring for team USA, but he regressed his 2knd year in college and has become functional not exciting in the AHL.

So let me guess, you watched a couple games where he didn't play that well, and you've formed your entire opinion of him based on that, right?

Nobody thought Hodgson would be ready after his first season in the AHL either. Then he had a great summer of training at Schroeder's age and went on to compete for the Calder.

Schroeder weighs almost as much as Hodgson and is only 3 inches smaller. If size didn't hold Hodgson back, it shouldn't hold Schroeder back, since he has just as much skill, and is a far superior skater.

Archived