The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dustin Brown Knee On Knee With Rosival

actually phoenix shoudl've had 2 more pps in ot. not only the dustin brown incident but there should've been a delay of game penalty too. as soon as those calls were missed my gut told me its game over for the coyotes [and i cheered for them in this series]. i wanted doan to get in the SCF, not these young punks on LA.

Doan took his hand and hung on to it while very firmly voicing his displeasure about that dirty hit. Brown wanted to keep skating on while Doan was still saying things in his direction. Hanzal said something to Brown as well, a few others did too, but I missed it. The commentators were shocked that anyone was shaking Brown's hand at all because of how difficult it must be. This was NBCSports by the way, so I don't know what it was like for CBC.

If I was the Director of Player Safety and was actually concerned with the safety of the players (wow what a novel idea!), I would suspend Dustin Brown for four games. They suspended Rome for a legal but late hit and gave him the same.

His history is enough to warrant that much.

But Brendan Shanahan is a patsy for Bettman. A hack.

Dustin Brown is notoriously dirty. Ask Henrik Sedin. I hope someone on the Canucks pays it back, the first time they play the Kings next season. Bieksa, Lapierre, Kassian, Bitz, Kesler, (after you've healed) Ballard..........I'm looking at you

Sign George Parros for the sole purpose of pounding Brown into a crumpled heap of walrus-faced pathos.

Four games is plenty fair.

If I was the Director of Player Safety and was actually concerned with the safety of the players (wow what a novel idea!), I would suspend Dustin Brown for four games. They suspended Rome for a legal but late hit and gave him the same.

His history is enough to warrant that much.

But Brendan Shanahan is a patsy for Bettman. A hack.

Dustin Brown is notoriously dirty. Ask Henrik Sedin. I hope someone on the Canucks pays it back, the first time they play the Kings next season. Bieksa, Lapierre, Kassian, Bitz, Kesler, (after you've healed) Ballard..........I'm looking at you

Sign George Parros for the sole purpose of pounding Brown into a crumpled heap of walrus-faced pathos.

Four games is plenty fair.

I don't see really any practical difference between this hit and the Kevin Porter hit on David Booth that got him four games. Porter may have had another metre, if anything, of run on Booth...but, they are remarkably similar. If Rozsival is hurt significantly, and given that it is the SCF, I think it has to be two games.

Just got home from the game, and what a miserable ending... Yotes have no excuse for losing the first two games at home, but the officiating was HORRIFIC this entire series... Doan was right on target w/ his criticism of the refs on the penalties called on him... Face wash in a scrum = roughing... Phantom slash that never happened...

I have to go back and hear what was said on the boarding / charging call that never came through as well...

Of course being in the arena we are all upset w/ the refs on the Brown hit, but after seeing the replays and listening to the guys on NHL network I see that we didn't overreact...

And my DVR ran out 10 minutes before the ending...

I have a man crush on Doan, I admit. He's the true leader of this team and it's awesome!

I really loved this team.. The little engine that could... "Hockey the hard way" was the marketing slogan this year... Couldn't be more true. It was a fun year. To bad it had to end like this...

The thing that makes it bad is that it was after the whistle on the offside. And Brown makes no attempt to get out of the way, he actually sticks out his elbow and knee. Not sure about suspension, although after Hanzal and Prust it seems like the bar is pretty low. Definitely should've been a penalty. Phoenix has a right to be mad, for all the good it'll do them.

It's kind of weird watching what happened to the Canucks/Kesler last playoffs with the diving/dirty smears and bad-talking happening to another team. I want to have a sense of satisfaction because of how Brown and the Kings beat us, but it really just makes me mad all over again.

Archived