The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Vancouver Sun Article) Vigneault ‘Didn't Mean What He Said’ On Luongo Trade Request

Walking Paradox

Gillis is a moron he brought back AV. With the way the team played during the playoffs, he clearly has lost the team. He is not as great as a leader that most believe people.

First interview with the media and instead of trying to get fans to support him for next season, he puts Luongo and Kesler under the bus.

That's why with AV we will go nowhere in the playoffs. He is clueless on how to lead a team.

Gillis you moron, you made a horrible horrible horrible mistake.

What was the point of resigning? Why not light a fire under his ass and tell him, either get it done or you are gone. With the way they approached it, here's more money for sucking. It doesn't matter that we lost to an 8th seeded team.

If there was no merit to it why wasn't it corrected right away after it was said? instead of a month later?

I find it hard to believe that the Canucks as an organization would not have immediately corrected this miscommunication right away.

This is what happened:

1) He talked with Luo about moving him in his exit meeting

2) He said fine, go for it with my blessing, here is a list of teams.

3) Leaked to the media that Luo is on the block to generate offers - hopefully a bidding war.

4) Teams on Luo's list said, no thanks.

5) Worked the phones for 4 weeks saw that nothing was there

6) Backtrack now because they realize Luo has no trade value with this lame-as* story because they are not going to give him away.

7) Now they are re-evaluating what the heck they are going to do now with 2 starting G and the scary fact that they may have to trade Schneider instead.

Bottom line - that Luo contract was a horrible decision and may cause the Canucks to lose a great young starting Goaltender.

If there was no merit to it why wasn't it corrected right away after it was said? instead of a month later?

I find it hard to believe that the Canucks as an organization would not have immediately corrected this miscommunication right away.

This is what happened:

1) He talked with Luo about moving him in his exit meeting

2) He said fine, go for it with my blessing, here is a list of teams.

3) Leaked to the media that Luo is on the block to generate offers - hopefully a bidding war.

4) Teams on Luo's list said, no thanks.

5) Worked the phones for 4 weeks saw that nothing was there

6) Backtrack now because they realize Luo has no trade value with this lame-as* story because they are not going to give him away.

7) Now they are re-evaluating what the heck they are going to do now with 2 starting G and the scary fact that they may have to trade Schneider instead.

Bottom line - that Luo contract was a horrible decision and may cause the Canucks to lose a great young starting Goaltender.

why are people such idiots? Think for a second why Gillis is denying what AV said.

Gillis has to find a fair and reasonable offer that is beneficial for the team. What AV did is lessened the leaverage Gillis has when negotiating with other teams. Once the media world knows that a player has asked for a trade, all the poker chips fall down.

AV screwed the team. And most AV nut huggers are too dumb to understand. That's the sad part.

who cares about what he said, we know what luongo has said about the matter and the be all and end all is that Luongo has the last say in anything to do with a trade that includes himself in it. Therefore the way I read in to it, is that he will part ways conditionally if they feel that Schneider is the backstopper that they want for next year, and will be happy to stay otherwise.

In the end we are not going to spend 8m+ on two goalies when there is glaring needs and limited cap space to work around in the top 6 forward and top 4 defensive roles, Either goalie will be a huge reason we get either of those players to fill that role.

One goalie will be gone, the other will stay with their long term contract...

Either way I will be happy, but in my opinion it is probably better to find a trade for Schneider because he is alot easier to move than Luongo, we know what to expect from luongo, and two players Eddie Lack, and Joe Cannata both reported to being really good goaltenders and goalies can be sleepers in the later rounds, aka Pekke Rinne picked in the 8th round.

Take this quote from the Vancouver Sun article.Its not fictitious. Its your source.

Vigneault was asked if he agreed that Luongo needed a fresh start after being supplanted as the Canucks' No. 1 goalie by Cory Schneider during the playoffs. Vigneault replied (translated): That's what he wants right now.

I did not suggesting anything. AV said it. Then he back pedalled. According to MG "he said he didn't mean it, and corrected himself!" But its clear it was said.

Bertuzzi Babe; whats your interpretation of "thats what he wants right now?" Blind faith in the team & its leaders is admirable.

Bertuzzi himself also said he did not mean to hurt Moore; but he subpoena'd Crawford as a co dependent. That could only mean he felt he was under instructions? I suppose he did not mean that either...

Why do you think MG was doing the interview in the first place. The answer is damage control. Some of us choose to be fans without being gullible.

If you can't cite a source and back up ridiculous and unfounded claims, then it's all just fictitious crap spewing from someone with their own agenda. Period.

'Suggestions' are NOT FACTS no matter how you want to spin them.

I like that MG said they would compete for the no. 1 job, and I hope they're both back next season to see this it would be quite interesting.

But since these" Luongo leaving..? " rumors started I've been getting really upset thinking that he may actuallly not be here next year. All I want right now is to see that man hoist the cup and it would be a million times better if he was wearing our blue and green

Archived