The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's Trade Value Is Much Higher Than You May Think

Ok so a 35 yr old back up goalie gets signed and Luongo's Value is = to Toronto's farm?

Come on guys!!

Jonathon Bernier

Anders Lindbäck

Josh Harding

Brian Elliot

Still better fits for the teams that need goaltending

Im not saying Bobby Luo sux, his contract is what will drive his value down.

We will still need to gobble a toxic contract in return.

Yeah, I'll say. I was sure Thomas would get traded to Chicago for some reason. Maybe they're content with Crawford. My only cause for pause is that I hope the Toronto rumours are true. Because if they aren't in the running, then who is? I think Florida is fine with Theodore and Markstrom. Tampa wanted Schneider, and I've gotta think they have turned to Bernier, Lindback, or Harding. Brodeur hasn't given much indication he's contemplating retirement, so that leaves Toronto. Or some darkhorse team like Edmonton or San Jose that needs an upgrade.

Here's what I hope happens. The Schenn + 5th overall pick for Luongo comes true. We then flip the 5th and a defenseman (Tanev, maybe) to Edmonton for 1st overall. We draft Yakupov and sign Justin Schultz and Paul Gaustad on July 1, and we end up with this:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Yakupov

Higgins-Gaustad-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Schenn

Ballard-Schultz

Schneider

Lack

Bigger, stronger, younger, and flashier.

Harding and Bernier dont give anyone a boner I wouldnt think. Bernier had 2.36 GAA and .909 save % on L.A which is not that great at all,and he only played 16 games and was below .500. Harding numbers are worse but on not near as good of defensive team, but 2.62 GAA and .917 are not good,,,missed the entire 2010-2011 and was over 3 GAA the season before that.

Toronto and T.B would be taking large leaps of faith to think either of them 2 are the answer to their goaltending troubles.

I dont think his value and demand has skyrocketed. I mean even without Thomas they have Rask and Turco both fully capable to either take the no. 1 spot or share the duty (50/30 or 40/30 etc.)

As for Vokoun, well would you rather have Luongo or Vokoun. Sure his cap hit is much less, but if your team has goaltender needs then Luongo is the guy you go with for the long term.

Doesn't matter how much his value is. I don't think this team is having trouble getting interest from other teams for Luongo. If there is a trade in the works one would think the hard part about getting it done would be to get a good return for him, something that works for us and the other team whoever they may be.

Jonathon Bernier - Won't be moved until Quick is locked up long-term

Anders Lindbäck - 38 career games. If people are concerned about Schneider, what does that say about him?

Josh Harding - most games played (AHL + NHL) is 42 (04-05 in the A). 34 starts is his NHL high. Has had several injuries, including missing the entire 10-11 season.

Brian Elliot - Really? He is simply a product of the system in front of him. If Tampa or Toronto want to give him a whirl, be my guest. Enjoy that high pick.

Really the only one on that list that I would consider handing the starting job over to is Bernier, and that's only if I'm rebuilding and don't care about the playoffs(which Burke surely does). The rest would need to be apart of a tandem with a 40/40 split.

I dont think his value and demand has skyrocketed. I mean even without Thomas they have Rask and Turco both fully capable to either take the no. 1 spot or share the duty (50/30 or 40/30 etc.)

As for Vokoun, well would you rather have Luongo or Vokoun. Sure his cap hit is much less, but if your team has goaltender needs then Luongo is the guy you go with for the long term.

Doesn't matter how much his value is. I don't think this team is having trouble getting interest from other teams for Luongo. If there is a trade in the works one would think the hard part about getting it done would be to get a good return for him, something that works for us and the other team whoever they may be.

Archived