The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Hiring] Michel Therrien new head coach of Canadiens

I don't get this hiring. The guy had to be fired from the Pens before they could win a cup. From what I've read, he was hated in the dressing room by the young, talented core. So now the Habs are trying to rebuild and they hire him? Weird.

Should be interesting to see if he tones it down a bit. Who can forget this infamous comment just before getting canned by the Pens...

Quote:

Penguins' coach Michel Therrien was, shall we say, not pleased with the Penguins' effort in their 3-1 loss to Edmonton Tuesday night at Mellon Arena.

"I'm not impressed," he said. "It's a pathetic performance. Half the team doesn't care. These guys would see if we take 50 percent of their salaries because they only play 50 percent of the time. That defensive squad, I really am starting to believe their goal is to be the worst in the league.

"And they're doing the best job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision, they suck. They pretend to care, but I know they don't care."

Ouch! :huh:

I don't get this hiring. The guy had to be fired from the Pens before they could win a cup. From what I've read, he was hated in the dressing room by the young, talented core. So now the Habs are trying to rebuild and they hire him? Weird.

Should be interesting to see if he tones it down a bit. Who can forget this infamous comment just before getting canned by the Pens...

Quote:

Penguins' coach Michel Therrien was, shall we say, not pleased with the Penguins' effort in their 3-1 loss to Edmonton Tuesday night at Mellon Arena.

"I'm not impressed," he said. "It's a pathetic performance. Half the team doesn't care. These guys would see if we take 50 percent of their salaries because they only play 50 percent of the time. That defensive squad, I really am starting to believe their goal is to be the worst in the league.

"And they're doing the best job to be the worst defensive squad in the league. They turn the puck over, they have no vision, they suck. They pretend to care, but I know they don't care."

Quote:

Quote:

Archived