The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Away Alternate Cap'n

zombieksa

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So pretty self-explanatory.

Manny current holds one of the away alternate captaincy positions for the team. It has been mentioned by many CDCer's that Malhotra will most likely NOT remain on the roster after next year, or may even be bought out or traded.

I am in no way saying that I would like Manny gone from the team, but if he is no longer with the team, who should take his place?

Does management go with a franchise player like Burrows, Edler, or Hansen who have been with the team all of their careers? or do they go with another option, like a great trade acquisition like Higgins, a veteran likely to retire soon like Salo (if he returns)? Or do we use it as a UFA bargaining chip?

C: Henrik Sedin

(Home) A: Daniel Sedin, Ryan Kesler

(Away) A: Kevin Bieksa, (insert name here)

Burrows, he's a mid aged player who has been in our organization for awhile and is a big part of the team and of the leadership group.

(Side note) He even wore an A in a game in Calgary late in the season.

EDIT: Honestly I can't believe you even put Raymond as one of the Choices, I wouldn't be surprised if people flame you a bit for that one haha :P

Burrows, he's a mid aged player who has been in our organization for awhile and is a big part of the team and of the leadership group.

(Side note) He even wore an A in a game in Calgary late in the season.

EDIT: Honestly I can't believe you even put Raymond as one of the Choices, I wouldn't be surprised if people flame you a bit for that one haha :P

Salo easy. I can't see how he isn't running away with this one. Burr would be my second choice, but with all of Salo's experience and respectability, he'd be someone the players would respect and listen to.

Archived