The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biron Bitz

Snake Doctor

2 year deal please. This guy brings the size and physicality we need on a nightly basis if we want to win the Cup, and everyone seems to have forgotten how well he played with the Sedins. 3 goals in 4 periods for the top line with Bitz up there. He is the answer to all the physical defences that check the twins to death in the playoffs.

Bitz is a perfect playoff player and the type of player we need more of. Enough of these useless 6 foot 200 pound guys like Booth, Higgins, Burrows and Kesler who disappeared in the playoffs against physical defences and more 6'5" giants who can actually go head-to-head against the bigger defencemen like Greene, Mitchell and Chara who have schooled our average-sized forwards.

i agree with enjoydasedinery, kassian wont develop at all on the 4th line. either put him on the 3rd line or in chicago.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Higgins?

Hansen-Gaustad(hopefully)-Kassian

Volpatti/Pinnizotto-Lapierre-Bitz

kassian and higgy can switch if needed

You don't really win in the playoffs anymore with just 1 line designated to hitting, 1 line designated to scoring and 1 line designated to playing solid defence anymore. Each line needs a good mix of all aspects, which is why I'd like to see this in next seasons playoffs.

Sedin - Sedin - Bitz (good mix of skill, size and toughness, plus our top line can now hit. Bitz clears room for the Sedins to work, he's showed chemistry with them before and will stick up for them in scrums - NO ONE will take runs at the twins when Bitz is on the ice)

Booth - Kesler - Higgins (3 hard-nosed players who are all fast, gritty, good hitters and good defensively and relatively big)

Burrows - Lapierre - Hansen (Hansen brings the speed, Lapierre brings the hitting, Burrows brings good defence - all 3 are great forecheckers)

Kassian - Malhotra - Pinizotto (good size, Pinizotto is surprisingly fast, would have made the team if he wasn't injured and Malhotra is good defensively)

Of course I'd like to see Weise or Jensen get a turn instead of Pinizotto, but it doesn't really matter. Each line here is playoff-ready: they may not thrive in the regular season when we need skill to predominate, but come playoff time Bitz should have a major role in this team because he's our biggest, meanest player.

I like what Bitz brought to the team. I'd be happy to see him in the bottom six or for insurance when we get injuries. I'd like him on a 2 way contract. It was unfortunate about the hit that resulted in a suspension against LA. I think he will have learned from that and he'll try to be a little more tactful with his hitting.

Kassian, Volpatti and Pinnizotto are not capable of playing 1st or 2knd line if called on, nor centre ice. Not yet anyway in Kassian's case. If Bitz can trade passes with the Twins, I'd say he has more upside than all but Kassian.

And none can fight like him either. Perhaps Volpatti? Of the fights of watched Kassian get in, he's shown a good jaw but trades punches.

It was a bit of a travesty that Kassian was given Bitz's NHL salary after the deadline, it was him that needed experience and conditioning in Chicago.

Now look at the depth chart; the only natural right winger higher on the depth chart than him should be Hansen. Sure Burrows plays there, but...

To me, Pinnizotto has to use speed and agitation to take Weise's job, and we need to keep (barring a trade for a RW) Bitz and Kassian whom we need their size badly! But it might be a dead issue, will he feel jilted by being sent to the minors in favour of Kassian? (I'd hope not, we signed him injured, and paid him an NHL salary till ready to go..., hopefully that buys some loyalty, it should).

No, we have enough guys for the fourth line. Guys like Weise, Kassian, Volpatti, and Pinnizotto have way more upside.

We can't afford to have stupid players that cost us games.

It makes a difference to the guy who has to pay him!

:sick:

Why does it matter if the contract is one-way or two-way? Waiver eligibility is based on games played, not whether he has a two-way contract or not. That's just a video game thing.

2 year deal please. This guy brings the size and physicality we need on a nightly basis if we want to win the Cup, and everyone seems to have forgotten how well he played with the Sedins. 3 goals in 4 periods for the top line with Bitz up there. He is the answer to all the physical defences that check the twins to death in the playoffs.

Bitz is a perfect playoff player and the type of player we need more of. Enough of these useless 6 foot 200 pound guys like Booth, Higgins, Burrows and Kesler who disappeared in the playoffs against physical defences and more 6'5" giants who can actually go head-to-head against the bigger defencemen like Greene, Mitchell and Chara who have schooled our average-sized forwards.

Just to remind everyone, all of Bitz, Ebbett, Mancari, Pinnizotto and Volpatti are UFAs.

Duco, Oreskovich and Weise are RFAs.

Is there anyone left for the fourth line :shock:

So far its only Malhotra/Lappierre and Kassian I think.

I'm with DN here and I'll go further. I think we should set our sights on a higher standard of 4th liner. I'm not convinced by Weise or Bitz and even Volpatti (who character wise I like) will need to show more ambition for me.

Vopatti and Pinizzotto are the only ones I would keep. Volpatti because he was a genuine fighter (also nearly all of his big hits tend to be legal which annoys the hell out of the opposition) and Pinizzotto because he needs to get a chance to confirm his early promise before he was injured.

Kassian, Volpatti and Pinnizotto are not capable of playing 1st or 2knd line if called on, nor centre ice. Not yet anyway in Kassian's case. If Bitz can trade passes with the Twins, I'd say he has more upside than all but Kassian.

And none can fight like him either. Perhaps Volpatti? Of the fights of watched Kassian get in, he's shown a good jaw but trades punches.

It was a bit of a travesty that Kassian was given Bitz's NHL salary after the deadline, it was him that needed experience and conditioning in Chicago.

Now look at the depth chart; the only natural right winger higher on the depth chart than him should be Hansen. Sure Burrows plays there, but...

To me, Pinnizotto has to use speed and agitation to take Weise's job, and we need to keep (barring a trade for a RW) Bitz and Kassian whom we need their size badly! But it might be a dead issue, will he feel jilted by being sent to the minors in favour of Kassian? (I'd hope not, we signed him injured, and paid him an NHL salary till ready to go..., hopefully that buys some loyalty, it should).

Volpatti has played more NHL games than Pinizotto so the question would be what has Pinni done to prove himself over Volpatti? It doesn't matter anyways because all of the players mentioned are right-wingers while Volpatti is the only left-winger.

Archived