The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Steve Pinizzotto

Ballisticsports.

You really gotta feel for the guy. Undrafted, fighting for his life to stick in the AHL before finally breaking out and putting up really solid numbers. I believe he got a few callups but never played for Washington. Comes out, has an amazing training camp, and two games away from being on the starting roster of an NHL team he injuries himself for the season.

He is like Rudy

You really gotta feel for the guy. Undrafted, fighting for his life to stick in the AHL before finally breaking out and putting up really solid numbers. I believe he got a few callups but never played for Washington. Comes out, has an amazing training camp, and two games away from being on the starting roster of an NHL team he injuries himself for the season.

He is like Rudy

Pinizzotto was unlucky to be injured this year as he likely would have made the team. We may not have gone after Weise on waivers had he stayed healthy. I'd rank him as someone who is aggressive like Volpatti, but has more skill. Weise isn't as aggressive but has a good all around game for a 4th liner, and then there's Bitz, who has featured at center and can play skill and physical games, but doesn't maybe have the same energy level as Pinizzotto and Volpatti.

Aggression: Pinizzotto and Volpatti

Energy: Pinizzotto and Volpatti

Skill: Weise, Pinizzotto and Bitz

Versatility: Bitz

Fighting: Pinizzotto, Volpatti and Bitz

While we might not have the best selection of 4th liners if we stick with those options (plus Manny and Lappy), they won't be an issue with the cap, nor a liability.

Many of us tend not to give a **** about looking good in camp. He is 28 and has never played a single NHL game. 99.879% of the time it's because a guy simply isn't good enough. I suggest you ALL temper your expectations but hope for the best.

Archived