The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep all discussion here)

Just trade luongo. Get the similar under par package columbus got for nash and be done with it. We need to move on and Gillis needs to frigging complete this team. Im sick of the revolving door 4th line and the huge question mark hole we have been missing on that 2nd line. But the luongo trade is holding up all of that!

Don't go into business. You will fail. You're not patient enough.

The huge question mark hole at 2C is even bigger than Kesler. Lecavalier is huge and would fill that huge question mark hole in a Luongo trade.

But most believe Schroeder is the answer. Stupidity at its finest really.

The huge question mark hole at 2C is even bigger than Kesler. Lecavalier is huge and would fill that huge question mark hole in a Luongo trade.

To replace Ballard, I think there are lots of eligible Canucks players to watch the game from the pressbox.

As for the on-ice players:

Bieksa Hammer Campbell Garrison Edler

Are the top 5 for sure, then either Tanev makes the jump to the top 6, or we have Alberts to slot in if we need more experience.

Funny post, but there's definitely some truth in it.

Lu is hyper-competitive. If they both start the season, Cory most likely gets the lion's share of games. Lu sitting on the bench for 4, 5, 6 straight for the first time in his pro career, and he'll be grinding his teeth and dreaming of once again facing 40 rubber missiles a game if it means playing.

It would be great to get some clarity before the season starts on the Canucks roster as it (hopefully) gels and gets some chemistry for the playoffs. But I'd rather Gillis did the right thing and waited for some other GM to panic first. Kids on here whining about this and wanting the deal to be done already probably don't realize that there's no offer yet commensurate with Lu's value. But there will be. Just look at FLA. They made the playoffs last season for the first time since 2000, and were in a dogfight all season to do it. Their division rivals have improved this off-season, and FLA's no shoe-in to get to the post-season again. As the trade deadline approaches, and FLA's in tight in 6th - 12th place position, Tallon could very well be pressured to bite the bullet and release (for example) Bjugstad.

I, for one, am not losing any sleep over it. I'd like the trade to happen before October, but I'd rather wait until some team's Theodore or Mason or Lindback lays an egg. And if Luongo has to pick splinters out of his posterior after every game while being an usher by holding the door open for line changes, I think his trade list will grow by several, maybe many, teams.

Who do we have in the pressbox on D that is an upgrade, or even a decent replacement for Ballard at the moment? Bieksa - Hamhuis, Edler - Garrison are their own pairings. None of them would be filling Ballards empty roster spot if he was traded. Campbell? I just don't get that. Please explain.

A third pairing of Alberts - Tanev is not something I would personally be content with. Connauton is the only D prospect I can see maybe making the jump.

Luo wants out and MG said he would trade any player unhappy.I am shocked Luo hasn't been traded and saying he will wait isn't giving me any confidence in MG.Get the best deal you can cause mid summer Luo might go on nother rant to the media and people will try once more to get him at a big discount.luo needs to be traded sooner then later or he will be worth less.I can't state that enough eh!

Funny post, but there's definitely some truth in it.

Lu is hyper-competitive. If they both start the season, Cory most likely gets the lion's share of games. Lu sitting on the bench for 4, 5, 6 straight for the first time in his pro career, and he'll be grinding his teeth and dreaming of once again facing 40 rubber missiles a game if it means playing.

It would be great to get some clarity before the season starts on the Canucks roster as it (hopefully) gels and gets some chemistry for the playoffs. But I'd rather Gillis did the right thing and waited for some other GM to panic first. Kids on here whining about this and wanting the deal to be done already probably don't realize that there's no offer yet commensurate with Lu's value. But there will be. Just look at FLA. They made the playoffs last season for the first time since 2000, and were in a dogfight all season to do it. Their division rivals have improved this off-season, and FLA's no shoe-in to get to the post-season again. As the trade deadline approaches, and FLA's in tight in 6th - 12th place position, Tallon could very well be pressured to bite the bullet and release (for example) Bjugstad.

I, for one, am not losing any sleep over it. I'd like the trade to happen before October, but I'd rather wait until some team's Theodore or Mason or Lindback lays an egg. And if Luongo has to pick splinters out of his posterior after every game while being an usher by holding the door open for line changes, I think his trade list will grow by several, maybe many, teams.

Archived