The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atheism On The Rise In America

Sharpshooter

The opposite of belief would be... non-belief.

Agnostic Atheists, some of whom are present ITT, do not profess to a non-belief... just a lack of belief. By your logic, these atheists should be ridiculed as well, just maybe a tiny bit less, than those with "full" belief.

Lol, the point is, it's not nice to ridicule this type of thing. It's unnecessary and makes one come across as a jerk with no manners. You (Atheists) don't have the (God-given) right to be so disrepectful -- with that said, I haven't seen too much of it ITT.

Horsecrap? Good job with being diplomatic and respectful. It's one thing to speak against what you think is wrong... it's another to be outright disrespectful. Be more tactful and keep manners in mind, just because you're Atheist doesn't mean you are excluded. You can be a straightshooter and speak your mind with manners and without profanities.

We theists (and you Atheists) have the right to politely discuss and share the respective theology (lack of it) with others, and others have the right to politely decline.

I remind myself first.

Sorry, but I don't "have" to respect anyone's religious beliefs. The only things I "have" to do, is eat, drink water, breathe, live, and die. The gravity of this entire thing is, atheists are attuned to science, which will continue to search for answers to the mysteries of life and the universe. Theists are no longer looking for these answers, because they blindly follow a set of "answers" that were preconstructed for them. Once you have relieved yourself of your brain in favor of religious dogma, the mysteries are "solved" and that takes all the real meaning out of living at all.

Horsecrap? Good job with being diplomatic and respectful. It's one thing to speak against what you think is wrong... it's another to be outright disrespectful. Be more tactful and keep manners in mind, just because you're Atheist doesn't mean you are excluded. You can be a straightshooter and speak your mind with manners and without profanities.

We theists (and you Atheists) have the right to politely discuss and share the respective theology (lack of it) with others, and others have the right to politely decline.

I remind myself first.

Science has history, yenno? Theists of all sorts have contributed much to Science. If not for those brilliant religious minds, would Science be where it is today? And not to mention, me being a Muslim or the Islamic theology has nothing against learning when infact it supports the pursuit. Admittedly, some Muslims around the world aren't committed to science, or learning, and maybe not even committed to religious studies. But some are.

Well now there's the little wrinkle of having a massive population that is largely unable to provide for itself should there be a societal shock (like say a massive global depression) combined with enough weapons to blow up every human inhabitation a couple times over. Oh, and a history of even the most powerful civilizations being swept under the rug when they get too confortable.

Other than that no danger whatsoever!

Really....Maybe you'd better read up on a little period of time known as the Dark Ages. And yes, Science WOULD be where it is today, while Newton was a brilliant man, Einstein very deftly proved him wrong on many things. It may have been a nice beginning, but a lot of the "religious" minds also believed the Earth was flat too.

Really....Maybe you'd better read up on a little period of time known as the Dark Ages. And yes, Science WOULD be where it is today, while Newton was a brilliant man, Einstein very deftly proved him wrong on many things. It may have been a nice beginning, but a lot of the "religious" minds also believed the Earth was flat too.

Hey, maybe "God" is still tinkering and should the results not come out right just do the standard engineer move and blow it all up and start over.

That you were foolish enough to put in a tithe is your own problem. Much like those bastards that sold me that two dollar ticket that turned out to be worthless all one can reasonable expect to get in return for the payment is a brief feeling of hope.

Blah blah blah. I'm entitled to freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and freedom of thought. Until something comes along and takes those rights away, I will continue to have an opinion on this, I will continue to voice my opinion on this, and I will continue to speak out against the futility of religious nonsense. If you don't like that, that's your problem.

Archived