The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Has over 900 yards and 6 touchdowns missing one month and another 2 games as active, but not seeing the field. He's still the best, but it's not clear cut like it used to be. Dez, Julio, Antonio Brown and Jordy Nelson

Beckham is pretty damn good and on a serious hot streak right now; and not saying he won't turn out, but talk to me when he's played more than a dozen games to put him on that level

Yeah but RIGHT NOW, he's not playing at the same level as those 2.

What happens if Lions beat Packers, Cowboys beat Redskins, and Seattle beats St Louis ?

All 3 will be 12-4

Seahawks and Lions never played each other but both will have beaten the Packers (Lions beating them twice)

Cowboys beat the Seahawks and never played the Lions

Seattle

Detroit

Dallas

Only way Dallas can get 2nd seed is if Seattle lose

Only way Dallas can get 1st seed is if Detroit and Green Bay end in a tie

Seattle clinches 1st seed with a win

And if the Detroit/Green Bay game doesn't end In a tie then the winner will get the number 2 seed unless Seattle loses.

Seahawks are the best team in football right now hands down. They had the hardest schedule of any other team in the league, started out 3-3 and got healthier and traded Harvin. Locked up KJ Wright and Cliff Avril, Wagner and Wilson are next to get locked up. This team is going to be dangerous for the next 4 years minimum, and knowing their studly FO, for many more years than that.

PS: I started Matt Ryan over Wilson in my finals and that completely f***** me as he had the best game of his career. Unless Demaryius throws up 28 pts for me on MNF I get 2nd place instead of guarenteed first. FML.

Seahawks are the best team in football right now hands down. They had the hardest schedule of any other team in the league, started out 3-3 and got healthier and traded Harvin. Locked up KJ Wright and Cliff Avril, Wagner and Wilson are next to get locked up. This team is going to be dangerous for the next 4 years minimum, and knowing their studly FO, for many more years than that.

PS: I started Matt Ryan over Wilson in my finals and that completely f***** me as he had the best game of his career. Unless Demaryius throws up 28 pts for me on MNF I get 2nd place instead of guarenteed first. FML.

In the last 11 weeks, they've played 3 playoff teams: Dallas, Arizona, and Ryan Lindley's Arizona.

Not sure how you can call them the best team in football right now when other teams have been more impressive while putting up better numbers. Seahawks are hot right now, and they're going to need that home field advantage, but besides Mark Sanchez (and throwing him in here is being generous), they haven't faced a potent offense since week 6 vs Dallas. [And no, the 49ers 26th ranked offense doesn't count]

If they over-hype themselves like their fans, it'll spell trouble in the playoffs. But Carroll should have them coached up well enough to realize they haven't beaten many good teams (besides Green Bay and Denver, both in September) and that the real test is yet to come.

Bash away.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

In the last 11 weeks, they've played 3 playoff teams: Dallas, Arizona, and Ryan Lindley's Arizona.

Not sure how you can call them the best team in football right now when other teams have been more impressive while putting up better numbers. Seahawks are hot right now, and they're going to need that home field advantage, but besides Mark Sanchez (and throwing him in here is being generous), they haven't faced a potent offense since week 6 vs Dallas. [And no, the 49ers 26th ranked offense doesn't count]

If they over-hype themselves like their fans, it'll spell trouble in the playoffs. But Carroll should have them coached up well enough to realize they haven't beaten many good teams (besides Green Bay and Denver, both in September) and that the real test is yet to come.

Bash away.

Potent offenses are welcome, they showed that last year in the Superbowl, and well...every game they play against a potent offense. No one matches up well against them when they are healthy. They are in a brutally grinding division and any of the teams in the NFC west would be division leaders anywhere else. The AFC is a joke and don't match up against the big boys of the NFC and Dallas proved that against Indy. How is that over-hyping? They are playing some of the best defense ever and barring injury match up against any "potent" offense in the league.

PS: The Pats beat the Jets...by a point.

and they only reason they have beaten only 3 playoffs teams in the last 11 weeks is because every team they play blows their wad trying to beat Seattle which they then go on to lose the next week and more.

Edit: They have beaten 4 playoff teams, the Panthers haha. How are they in first, sad.

Edited by Stizz19

Bash away.

Best team in football? Maybe, maybe not. Better than the Pats? Absolutely.

The Hawks have the D to shut your personal Jesus down, and an offence good enough to exploit your suspect D.

Edited by IdioticRight

Potent offenses are welcome, they showed that last year in the Superbowl, and well...every game they play against a potent offense. No one matches up well against them when they are healthy. They are in a brutally grinding division and any of the teams in the NFC west would be division leaders anywhere else. The AFC is a joke and don't match up against the big boys of the NFC and Dallas proved that against Indy. How is that over-hyping? They are playing some of the best defense ever and barring injury match up against any "potent" offense in the league.

PS: The Pats beat the Jets...by a point.

Well first off, Indy isn't one of the big boys of the AFC, and certainly not when they're without their #1 WR. It's not hard to play your best defense ever when you're playing Lindley, Crapernick, and Sanchez in the last month.

My point was the fans are over-hyping the Seahawks by calling them the best team following a game in which they beat a 3rd string QB who's never scored a NFL touchdown. The Seahawks are on a roll right now, and they'll be tough for anyone they play in the playoffs. The point I made was if they toot their own horns for going into the playoffs having beaten Austin Davis, Ryan Lindley, Crapernick and Sanchez, like their fans are doing, and don't elevate their game for an opponent who's actually good, it could lead to bad things.

PS: The Seahawks only beat the Raiders by 6 [oh, were they injured at the time? Pats were missing their #1 WR and #1 RB today]

Best team in football? Maybe, maybe not. Better than the Pats? Absolutely.

The Hawks have the D to shut your personal Jesus down, and an offence good enough to exploit your suspect D.

Right, because it's so easy to compare 2 teams from different conferences who haven't played each other in 3 years.

Suspect defense? The Pats defense has held every opponent to below their season average for points and has for the most part taken away/shut down the #1 opposing WR. Does Seattle even have a #1 WR? Baldwin? Kearse? Luke Willson? I guess the guy with 650 yards and 3 TD's is your "#1"

The last time Brady played the LOB he put up 300 yards with 2 or 3 TD's. They lost the game because our secondary was one of the NFL's worst. Have the LOB improved since then? Yes. Has the patriots offense improved since then? Yes.

Like I said, can't really compare the 2 teams until they play each other. Which will hopefully be in 6 weeks in Arizona.