The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

i would like to see the gets develop a young qb and use stop gaps until he is ready. Im in no rush to win right nkw.

But hey im new to football so i could be totally wrong. Probably the case.

Technically Nick Foles just turned 26 two months ago so he could be a long term QB for a team. The real mystery of him is how good is he really. 2 years ago in his 2nd season in 13 games he threw 27 TDs and only 2 INTs while completing 64% of his passes. Then this year in his 3rd season he got hurt but struggled with turnovers throwing 13 TDs but 10 INTs in 8 games but the Eagles offensive line was as much as 80% hurt in some of these games and he was under heavy pressure.

Foles possesses strong skills as a QB but it is believed that the Eagles system does not fit his style. I'm truly unsure entirely what to think of Foles but I do see it as a possibility that he might thrive in another system again.

As for the potential trade though the real value would be in the returned picks. The wide scale reports are Kelly who now has pull power to mold the roster is desperate to get Mariota and will do whatever it takes. Likely meaning if this trade ever happens Kelly will probably not hold the leverage in the trade talks and end up paying a heavy price to get what he wants. It could be as bad as the RG3 trade which the Skins gave up 3 first round picks and a 2nd.

It is an interesting potential scenario to think about.

Marshall to the Jets - his streak of never having played a playoff game will continue.

Lynch re-signs with Seattle, not unexpected, some STH's I talked to said they saw it coming already.

McCoy being unhappy about being traded to Buffalo is awesome news. The more headache surrounding a Rex Ryan team, the better. (Sorry SabreFan ;) ) Apparently Shady wants an extension with guaranteed money before training camp and is prepared to sit out and "make noise" if he doesn't get it.

Hearing Texans are interested in Wilfork. Wouldn't mind him going there if he's not re-upping in NE. I don't have anything against the Texans and wish them well, and seeing big bear next to Watt would be awesome. He also has connections to Houston with O'Brien and Crennell.

Rumors heating up about D-Mac to Philly but I still don't think he'll leave NE. Can't let Wilfork AND D-Mac go, that's 2 starting defensive captains.

A lot of teams are making noise with these FA signings, but as the Pats and Hawks, and some other consistent contenders have proven, you don't buy Super Bowls through FA, you build up to it with draft development. Yeah Revis and Browner were key FA signings, but it was drafted safety Harmon with the game winning INT vs Baltimore, drafted Hightower with the Super Bowl saving tackle of Lynch on the 1 yard line, and undrafted rookie signee Butler with the Super Bowl winning INT.

Who knows how accurate but with the Marshall trade rumors are now that the Eagles will offer Foles and a bunch of draft picks for the Jets 1st.

Jets fans should be praying for this

Apparently it was a 5th round pick for Brandon Marshall :o

Edited by The Magician

McCourty is goneeee. Philly and the Giants are going throw some big money at him.

Philly can real repair their defense. $50 in cap space. McCourty and Maxwell signed would go a long ways for them.

Some guys also have character and will stay where their home is for a mill less. If McCourty gets 10mill offers and the Pats offer 8.5, he'd stay. If the Eagles offer him 23 mill, then, yeah, he's gone lol.

Some guys also have character and will stay where their home is for a mill less. If McCourty gets 10mill offers and the Pats offer 8.5, he'd stay. If the Eagles offer him 23 mill, then, yeah, he's gone lol.

McCourty and Moore are only two legitimate S available, teams will overpay to get them.

Slim chance that Devin stays in N.E.

In an obvious move, Patriots declining the option on Revis' 20 million guaranteed for next season in the next few days, but they're beginning contract talks tomorrow or this week (before the 10th). Some insiders who've been with the team for a while say Revis and his camp have been quiet this whole time because he wants to stay in NE and understands he can structure a contract in a way where he'll still be the highest paid CB but still lower his cap hit to give the Pats more cap space to sign D-mac and bring in a possibile weapon on offense.

Pete Prisco of CBS writes

CB Darrelle Revis: I get the feeling this is essentially a done deal. He wants to return to the Patriots and they want him. All they have to do is make it work contractually, which I think happens. He should be a priority

Jeff Howe said

“[Revis] has already discussed winning back-to-back Super Bowls with this team. He wants to win. He’s already turned down millions of dollars to sign with the Patriots once,” said Howe. “I don’t believe he’s after the biggest contract that he can find. I think he just wants to be paid a reasonable amount of money by the Patriots.”

He also went onto say he's talked to some in NE management who have told him Revis is priority is #1 and since the combine it's all they've focused on in terms of FA's. He also said he's talked to Revis' camp who told Howe that Revis has expressed how important winning back to back is to him.

“The Patriots are not going to pay him what he is bound to get from one of those free-spending teams. But then again, this guy wants to win. He wants to be a Super Bowl champion multiple times. I really do believe that he saw Richard Sherman’s spotlight blow up when he won the Super Bowl last year, and realized that was a great way to be known as the best cornerback in the game.

“At the end of the day he’s made a ton of money, and I really truly believe because he turned down $4 million [guaranteed] from at least two teams last year to sign with the Patriots, he wants to do it again. He is extremely intrigued about going back-to-back.”

As for D-Mac, hearing some inside the Pats organization feel Duron Harmon is ready to take over for D-Mac at safety, and that's why they didn't tag him. I agree to an extent that a FS isn't as game impacting as a shut down corner, and the loss of a FS isn't as damaging as a #1 CB, but Harmon is hit or miss considering how young he is and he's been developing the last couple seasons behind McCourty and would feel a lot more comfortable with D-Mac back there over an unproven 24 year old.

Yeah baby.

Beastmode's back, and this time it appears to be a fact.

2 years, 24 million extension.

With his chronic back pain how effective he will be going forward is hard to say. Look for Robert Turbin and Christine Michaels to carry a lot more of the running game until Dec anyways.

It'd still be a cakewalk. It's not like Cassel, Manuel, Tannehill, or Smith are any "threat"

Yeah but all those guys and their teams can only get better

Buffalo and Miami will at least give NE a run for their money this upcoming year.

Edited by Jiggs50

It'd still be a cakewalk. It's not like Cassel, Manuel, Tannehill, or Smith are any "threat"

Yeah but all those guys and their teams can only get better

Buffalo and Miami will at least give NE a run for their money this upcoming year.

The Bills are bringing in at least one more QB to training camp. It's going to be more than just Cassel, Tuel, and Manuel.