The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

57 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Well it's kinda like how the Giants are playing in New Jersey yet they're called the New York Giants

actually, I didn't realize the Jets shared the same stadium too lol

I didn't realize MetLife Stadium was in Jersey. That's one of the stadiums I'd like to go to. Catch a Jets Giants game. Missed my chance this season. Jersey is in the New York metropolitan area though, so it's not like they're stretching the name much. That and, well, it is New York State too.

59 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Which team might be desperate enough to bite on Payton for a 2nd round pick? That's a hell of a high pick just for a coach.

Browns love to throw away picks anyway, so this couldn't hurt. But Payton probably goes to the Niners. 

• Upvote 1

Of course the one season there's finally no Baltimore in the playoffs, everyone is injured. Lol. 

Something tells me Green Bay is going to be a different monster in the playoffs. They remind me of the Kings or Hawks, who look vulnerable in the regular season but when it's go time, they bring out the "other" playbook. Maybe I'm just crediting A-Rod too much.

I still don't see anyone beating Carolina though if they stay healthy. As hot as Seattle is, the Panthers are clicking on a whole nother level. I could definitely see a NFCCG between Carolina and Seattle, but I don't know, can't really count out the Packers as bad as they've looked recently. 

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Of course the one season there's finally no Baltimore in the playoffs, everyone is injured. Lol. 

Something tells me Green Bay is going to be a different monster in the playoffs. They remind me of the Kings or Hawks, who look vulnerable in the regular season but when it's go time, they bring out the "other" playbook. Maybe I'm just crediting A-Rod too much.

I still don't see anyone beating Carolina though if they stay healthy. As hot as Seattle is, the Panthers are clicking on a whole nother level. I could definitely see a NFCCG between Carolina and Seattle, but I don't know, can't really count out the Packers as bad as they've looked recently. 

This Sunday notwithstanding, I could still see the Cards do some damage in the playoffs.

In the AFC, I think the Steelers and Chiefs might be your biggest worry. (Not sold on the Broncos)

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This Sunday notwithstanding, I could still see the Cards do some damage in the playoffs.

In the AFC, I think the Steelers and Chiefs might be your biggest worry. (Not sold on the Broncos)

I have trouble buying into Carson Palmer in the playoffs despite being the top offense in the regular season. 

Man, no one can understand the Chiefs right now. what, 10 wins in a row to end the season? But let's see playoff Alex Smith.

6 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Was really hoping for the Pats to play in Seattle next season but based on the picture the Patriots posted on their Facebook, looks like it's not happening :(

AFC East and NFC West only cross every 4 years. Pats were here in 2012, Seattle is in NE next season. 

Thinking about doing a trip out to Boston for the game. Hopefully it's an October/November prime time 

Eagles have a desperate need for D coordinator who runs a 4-3 aggressive D.

Forget the HC. The coach is only as good as his talent and staff around him let him be.

You can quote me on this.. if Eagles stay healthy and retain their pieces on D they can easily be a top 10 legit d with Jim Schwartz as D coordinator running a 4-3 to suit the D and an offense that is less no huddle and more running and ball control that changes speeds to keep the D fresh.

Also Ken Wisenhunt might suck as a head coach but he is an amazing OC who always has top 10 offenses.

Hard to find good head coaches but even harder to find guys who are great coordinators with a proven track record of success.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I have trouble buying into Carson Palmer in the playoffs despite being the top offense in the regular season. 

Man, no one can understand the Chiefs right now. what, 10 wins in a row to end the season? But let's see playoff Alex Smith.

AFC East and NFC West only cross every 4 years. Pats were here in 2012, Seattle is in NE next season. 

Thinking about doing a trip out to Boston for the game. Hopefully it's an October/November prime time 

Patriots/Bengals/Broncos in the AFC deserve to rep the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Panthers/Cardinals/Seahawks deserve to rep the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Especially Seattle who has to run the table on the road they will deserve it.

The other 6 teams not mentioned in the tournament are just pretenders.

• Upvote 1

^agree. 

Mans NPF, disagree with you on GB. Just totally not the team they have been the last couple of years. Huge disconnect with coaches and players and they can't put out the formations best suited for the players they have. Especially Rodgers, he's been pretty bad this year and really inconsistent. 

I labelled GB biggest boom/bust team to watch for in the playoffs but seeing how they've played this entire season, they have very little "boom" to give.

On 05/01/2016 at 7:04 PM, Jiggs50 said:

Browns love to throw away picks anyway, so this couldn't hurt. But Payton probably goes to the Niners. 

Did you guys hear the Browns hired some baseball geek who was the inspiration for Jonah hill Mineyball analytics guy character to be one of their main personnel evaluators.

I'll never understand why teams like the Browns and Eagles hire bean counters and pencil pushers to make major personnel experience with no background playing the game at any level.

Hire football people from winning organizations. It's not that hard really. Why can't they make obvious moves that the media and average fans know should be made and moves that are likely to fail?

Has to be an ego thing to prove that you are going against the grain just to be innovative.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Did you guys hear the Browns hired some baseball geek who was the inspiration for Jonah hill Mineyball analytics guy character to be one of their main personnel evaluators.

I'll never understand why teams like the Browns and Eagles hire bean counters and pencil pushers to make major personnel experience with no background playing the game at any level.

Hire football people from winning organizations. It's not that hard really. Why can't they make obvious moves that the media and average fans know should be made and moves that are likely to fail?

Has to be an ego thing to prove that you are going against the grain just to be innovative.

Browns have to be the worst professionally run franchise in NA. They are so dumb, like the owner must be just as stupid to put up with that crap year after year. 

Hire a GM/coach, fire them come seasons end. Find a new direction and idea, hire a new GM/coach to suit that. Etc. Complete circus. I honestly am so sad for the Browns fans. That is disgusting. Swear to God any armchair fella or a knowledgeable fan of the game could have run the team better the past decade. Tbh we cdc NFL thread posters could have done better.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Here's two asinine predictions:

Carolina goes one and done

Vikings whoop Seattle

::D

Are you a Vikings fan? There is more than a good chance Carolina is one and done considering they are the #1 seed and would have to face Seattle next week.

Only way Vikings whoop Seattle is if Russel Wilson got injured which is almost impossible considering how smart,mobile,  and aware he is plus his frame is the perfect compact bulid like a running back so he knows how to take hits, that is if he even gets hit hard in the first place.