The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

WOW. Biggest move in the NFL. Should have kept Harbaugh he was a good coach who can they get now who is a big time coach other than Coughlin.

Back to College for Chip Kelly unless he wants to be an OC for the Patriots and his friend Belichick if Josh McDaniels gets an HC job.

Also I expect the Chargers and Colts coach to be gone next.

Edited by Chip Kelly

On 12/29/2016 at 9:35 PM, Chip Kelly said:

If he is smart the easy coin is as a talking head on ESPN or Fox and way less stress than coaching.

Gruden and Cowher and Dungy have all figured it out.

Too bad for Rex he lacks a Super Bowl ring which all the 3 others have.

Not sure if I'd listen to Rex on a panel.  He's a bit annoying and pompous.  

Now he might have competition for a broadcast job ... Kubiak will be stepping down from Broncos due to health reasons.  

Edited by Neversummer

On 12/30/2016 at 0:35 AM, Chip Kelly said:

If he is smart the easy coin is as a talking head on ESPN or Fox and way less stress than coaching.

Gruden and Cowher and Dungy have all figured it out.

Too bad for Rex he lacks a Super Bowl ring which all the 3 others have.

No HC Superbowl ring, but he has one from his days as an assistant.  Rob has two rings believe it or not.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

My Seahawks struggles vs division rivals continue this afternoon vs the 49ers who have absolutely nothing to play for but spoilers. Trailing 7-3 through the 1st quarter and on the verge of stopping the 9ers on their current drive in the goal line

They're already in by virtue of being in the weakest division.   

Edited by Neversummer

25 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Setting up to be Giants at Packers

and Lions at Seattle in the 1st rd

I hope Packers win tonight, Giants at Greenbay will be awesome.

Seattle should beat Detroit at C-link, but hell, Seattle's conference record this year... yikes.

• Upvote 1

Kubiak stepping down.  Tough to see him go so soon after the championship but his health is more important.  Hopefully Wade Phillips sticks around under whoever is coming in.  Coughlin would be perfect if the rumours of him returning to coaching are true.

Hopefully the majority of the cap space goes towards fixing the offensive line and adding a solid run-stopping tackle.  QB isn't the problem, our line can't run-block or protect the QB.  Lots of quality RBs in this years draft class.