The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

7 hours ago, diesel_3 said:

Romo doesn't even have to play for his team to blow it.

You can't say Dallas blew it when they came back from a 18 point deficit to tie, watch GB go up by 3, then tied them up again with 35 seconds left.  Only a great play by Rodgers and his receiver with 3 seconds left was the difference.  If they went to OT I am sure Dallas would have won.

• Upvote 2

I don't think people realize how good Atlanta's offence really is... They are top 10 ALL TIME in terms of points scored.

I know the modern era is heavily slanted to helping offences thanks to Pi emphasis Fantasy sports etc and just bigger ratings with more TDs and scoring.

Still that is pretty impressive.

If Atlanta plays like they can I believe fully they can pull off the upset vs New England.

I will go in to why later but first I want to see how they handle the Packers.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/stats/nfl/all-time/most-points-scored-by-an-nfl-team-in-a-season.aspx

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

Always one of my favourite days of the year when Seattle gets bounced and all the fairweather Facebook fan/friends change their profile pictures back.

Sat down in a totally relaxed state of mind to watch the Pats game, and was totally unrelaxed at half time. People forget Houston was the #1 defense in the NFL and their D kept them in the game all night. What a performance by Lewis in his first ever playoff game. Hope to keep that up. Was also glad that Bennett's injury wasn't serious.

Holy crap that Dallas GB game was a classic back and forth between two heavy weights, with the game having to end with just 1 winner. Dak and Zeke will bring a championship to that city so long as that O-line gets their contracts extended. They're something special to watch along with Dez, and Sean Lee on defense. Hang in there @Tony Romo you guys deserved that win as much as GB did. Sadly, 1 team had to lose.

Not gonna lie, didn't watch much of KC/Pit after the 1st half. Doesn't seem like I missed much with PIT scoring 0 touchdowns. Bell and Brown healthy scare me. Regardless of what you say about Ben on the road this year.. when the best (or top 2) running back, and the best wide receiver in the NFL are both healthy with a healthy gun slinger at QB, you should be worried.

Also.. LOL at Earl Thomas. Dude, you have a lot of people's respect, but stfu. Trust me, we would've LOVED to play in your sh*t division instead of ours this year.  Glad the Twitterverse told you off.

Also .. thank you Antonio Brown for live streaming your head coach talking sh*t about the Pats. Anything better than a pissed off Brady playing ball in January?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Always one of my favourite days of the year when Seattle gets bounced and all the fairweather Facebook fan/friends change their profile pictures back.

Sat down in a totally relaxed state of mind to watch the Pats game, and was totally unrelaxed at half time. People forget Houston was the #1 defense in the NFL and their D kept them in the game all night. What a performance by Lewis in his first ever playoff game. Hope to keep that up. Was also glad that Bennett's injury wasn't serious.

Holy crap that Dallas GB game was a classic back and forth between two heavy weights, with the game having to end with just 1 winner. Dak and Zeke will bring a championship to that city so long as that O-line gets their contracts extended. They're something special to watch along with Dez, and Sean Lee on defense. Hang in there @Tony Romo you guys deserved that win as much as GB did. Sadly, 1 team had to lose.

Not gonna lie, didn't watch much of KC/Pit after the 1st half. Doesn't seem like I missed much with PIT scoring 0 touchdowns. Bell and Brown healthy scare me. Regardless of what you say about Ben on the road this year.. when the best (or top 2) running back, and the best wide receiver in the NFL are both healthy with a healthy gun slinger at QB, you should be worried.

Also.. LOL at Earl Thomas. Dude, you have a lot of people's respect, but stfu. Trust me, we would've LOVED to play in your sh*t division instead of ours this year.  Glad the Twitterverse told you off.

Also .. thank you Antonio Brown for live streaming your head coach talking sh*t about the Pats. Anything better than a pissed off Brady playing ball in January?

Pissed off Brady playing the way he has this year? I'll change my prediction: New England by 35+.

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't think people realize how good Atlanta's offence really is... They are top 10 ALL TIME in terms of points scored.

I know the modern era is heavily slanted to helping offences thanks to Pi emphasis Fantasy sports etc and just bigger ratings with more TDs and scoring.

Still that is pretty impressive.

If Atlanta plays like they can I believe fully they can pull off the upset vs New England.

I will go in to why later but first I want to see how they handle the Packers.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/stats/nfl/all-time/most-points-scored-by-an-nfl-team-in-a-season.aspx

I watched them a handful of times this year. Just unreal. 

Just when you think they might get stopped, Julio or one of the backs make a big play. Also Ryan just played lights out this year. Crazy good. 

I got the Packers winning but man is it gonna be a great game. 

• Upvote 1

Didn't really talk sh*t about the Pats per se ... just that they were a**holes for getting an extra day of rest/preparation due to scheduling.  What I fail to see is even the logic on how that makes Pats a**holes  ??!!  C'mon Tomlin, u better than that.

If Brady gets pissed cuz of the above, he's getting soft ... maybe listening to his wife too much.  Brady needs to find better motivation or bulletin board material.   

Edited by Neversummer

I totally agree.  It's a guilty pleasure.

It's funny, literally every Seahawks fan that I personally know is a huge tool.  Both in how they watch football and just generally in their everyday lives.  Interesting stuff for sure.

lol, best part is how AB keeps recording/FB Live for a minute even after coach tells em to keep it cool on social media. Too drenched in himself to have heard.

Truth be told, that's just the way Tomlin and the Steelers operate and JE mentioned that today when asked. Never a good idea to give Brady-Belichick and co extra fuel.

As for the GB-Dallas game, instant classic. Phenomenal performance.

Say whatever you like but Dak and Zeke have given Dallas respect. Dak is virtually unhateable and he's a talented, smart kid. The fact the Cowboys stuck to their guns by not abandoning the run even when they were down 21-3 was most impressive. That offense being led by 2 rookies, to keep their composure and bring the game back even was a miracle in itself. Very bright future and Dak looks like a gem and a complete steal.

1 hour ago, BoKnows. said:

As for the GB-Dallas game, instant classic. Phenomenal performance.

Say whatever you like but Dak and Zeke have given Dallas respect. Dak is virtually unhateable and he's a talented, smart kid. The fact the Cowboys stuck to their guns by not abandoning the run even when they were down 21-3 was most impressive. That offense being led by 2 rookies, to keep their composure and bring the game back even was a miracle in itself. Very bright future and Dak looks like a gem and a complete steal.

Most of the Cowboys roster is "unhateable".....

....but then there's Jerry Jones....

BTW, @Tony Romo: Like you said, in no way did the Cowboys "blow it". They got beat by a throw from a great QB, a receiver who made a great play and a Kicker with ice water in his veins.

Trust me, as a Bills fan, I know exactly what "blowing it" looks like...

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

I watched them a handful of times this year. Just unreal. 

Just when you think they might get stopped, Julio or one of the backs make a big play. Also Ryan just played lights out this year. Crazy good. 

I got the Packers winning but man is it gonna be a great game. 

Packers real banged up though. Davante Adams ,Jordy Nelson

All if they okay will be playing hurting.

Also that secondary of Green Bay has nobody to cover Julio if he is healthy.

Too many weapons. Matt Ryan seems really motivated to show he is a big name QB and belongs among the top 5.

I love Green Bay how they play and use Ty Montgomery. I just think Falcons are too much at home with the crowd noise and their d plays more physical too at home.

4 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Didn't really talk sh*t about the Pats per se ... just that they were a**holes for getting an extra day of rest/preparation due to scheduling.  What I fail to see is even the logic on how that makes Pats a**holes  ??!!  C'mon Tomlin, u better than that.

If Brady gets pissed cuz of the above, he's getting soft ... maybe listening to his wife too much.  Brady needs to find better motivation or bulletin board material.   

Maybe he means they are arrogant assholes in general. Which they are.

Brady bitches anytime he gets hit more than any QB I've seen always looking for a flag.

I hope the Steelers play real physical if they are gonna lose and go out swinging to soften them up a little hopefully for the Super Bowl.

Here are the contracts for the 2 QB's ... 

Damn, Jerry Jones got himself the deal of the century in Dak. 

So, what does Dallas do?  Buy out Romo?  Who would take on his salary at those numbers?  Romo restructures his contract?  

2016                2017               2018                 2019

Dak Prescott    QB    $545,848         $635,848         $725,848         $815,849

Tony Romo      QB    $20,835,000    $24,700,000    $25,200,000    $23,700,000

30 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Here are the contracts for the 2 QB's ... 

Damn, Jerry Jones got himself the deal of the century in Dak. 

So, what does Dallas do?  Buy out Romo?  Who would take on his salary at those numbers?  Romo restructures his contract?  

2016                2017               2018                 2019

Dak Prescott    QB    $545,848         $635,848         $725,848         $815,849

Tony Romo      QB    $20,835,000    $24,700,000    $25,200,000    $23,700,000

If they cut him they only save 5 million dollars on the cap. If they cut him next year they save a lot more money. I think, I'm no expert on the NFL salary cap, I wish I was.

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Packers real banged up though. Davante Adams ,Jordy Nelson

All if they okay will be playing hurting.

Also that secondary of Green Bay has nobody to cover Julio if he is healthy.

Too many weapons. Matt Ryan seems really motivated to show he is a big name QB and belongs among the top 5.

I love Green Bay how they play and use Ty Montgomery. I just think Falcons are too much at home with the crowd noise and their d plays more physical too at home.

Davante should be fine. I think they might get Rollins back but Burnett would be a big loss. 

You made great points but Rodgers is carrying that team rn and it just feels like it's his year. I gotta go with my gut. 

• Upvote 1