The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

The Patriots due to the absolute arrogance that new englanders have as well as the bandwagon nature of their fanbase (You're the exception @NucksPatsFan). Number 2 is the cesspool that are the San Francisco 49ers. I don't really hate the players, just the fanbase (and the joke that is Jim Harbaugh) . They are almost as arrogant as Pats fans, except that their success comes from before the turn of the century. Their fans generally have no class or understanding of the game, which means whenever I get into discussions with them over football, the result is a barrage of insults. 3rd on my list are the LA Rams. A new addition to my list, due to the influx of bandwagon fans that didn't know who the Rams starting QB was 5 years ago, let alone the last time they won a playoff game. Also the fact that they cant fill out the Coli for a winning NFL team bugs me. 4th is another new addition to my list, the Jaguars. Lack of class and football knowledge from their fanbase is the sole reason for this. Additionally, they failed to fill up their stadium, despite the team being decent for the first time in a decade. And finally the Panthers. The fact that they can and choose to put Cam and Russ on the same level utterly frustrates me. 

Anyone besides Eagles and Pats fans gonna actually watch the game? I've been asking around the last couple days to see what people are doing for the game and pretty much everybody response was I could care less about the game this year. Now I'm sure people will still watch it, but it seems nobody that I know is going out of their way to go to a Super Bowl party. 

47 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Anyone besides Eagles and Pats fans gonna actually watch the game? I've been asking around the last couple days to see what people are doing for the game and pretty much everybody response was I could care less about the game this year. Now I'm sure people will still watch it, but it seems nobody that I know is going out of their way to go to a Super Bowl party. 

I'll be watching because the next football I get to see will be NFL preseason in August. Im already excited for the next season of CFB/NFL

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I'll be watching because the next football I get to see will be NFL preseason in August. Im already excited for the next season of CFB/NFL

This morning I was already thinking about how much I miss NFL football and the season isn't even over yet. My 1 big offseason wish is that they bigtime review the rule book. Too many idiotic penalties that make no sense, like needing 2 seconds on the clock for a review, as an example. 

Go Eagles.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

By barely winning I mean every single Super Bowl B&B have been in has come down to a few plays at the end even win or lose. For a team that people think is so vastly superior organization wise in every aspect of preparation and execution to adjusting on the fly mid series. It is amazing how many games come down to a refs call or 1-3 key plays.

Should they not be winning by a more considerable margin then if they have such great game plans and coaching and have 2 so called GoATs?

Also disagree ESPN hating the Patriots considering they have Jeff Saturday and Teddy Bruschi on payroll also Randy Moss who have all played for them.

I'm more surprised how they can adjust to something you have not put on film. Like Martz mentioned in the article how he was perplexed how ready they were for a new redzone play like they knew what was coming.

Also the Eagles ran a d back in that last Super Bowl that they couldn't believe how the Patriots were prepared for it.

That is what makes doubt linger.

I'm not going to debate about pre Spygate SB wins. I don't know the full context of it and the article brings a lot of light into it so we'll just go by what the article says. You do realize that ESPN was the one that started up Deflategate last year right? This article was published Sept 2015 so if they're resurfacing it again to stir up some more controversy, that's ESPN trying to get more clicks for money. 

Regardless of how a Super Bowl ends, a win is a win. Doesn't matter what the scoreboard says. Coaches can only do so much to game plan and call out the plays. The players are the ones that makes the plays. Whether or not the Patriots of the past knew what the play or scheme it was going to be, the players are the ones who have to execute it. For all we know, there could have been many plays where we failed to execute yet the Pats knew what to do to counter it. Regardless of what Martz mentioned, that was over a decade ago. Focusing on the now, it's all about football IQ and knowing the situation. Look at the Butler interception. NFL Films covered it pretty in depth on why the Pats succeeded on the SB clinching play.

Also, Jeff Saturday never played for the Patriots by the way. Was basically a Colt for his entire career.

2 hours ago, gmen81 said:

Pats fan aside, if it wasn't the Patriots in the SB, I'd still watch. Although I'll be watching it in the comfort of my home with a couple of friends

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol. If a team wins close games = cheating? 

The excuses get worse and worse each day. 

6 days left to step your game up.

You Patriot fans are fully brainwashed to believe that Brady and Belichick can do no wrong. I can show you articles and sources where there are a ton of people speculating on Patriots in game adjustments being so good because they steal your signals and match them to formations after half time.

There is a reason Patriots have never scored in the first quarter of a Super Bowl then they see what you are doing and play much better in the second quarter. This is a proven pattern.

They go into halftime where they auve more time and make their "adjustments" which is really them cheating and knowing by now what you are running this game and having time to key in on your play calls and formations.

Of course the other teams try to change their gameplan coming out of half time but in the 4th and OT they really pull away because you can't just dramatically change your while gameplan and scheme and what you have been running at half time.

Steve Spagnuolo came out and said he watched the tape again and the Patriots were "definitely" stealing their defensive signals especially when reading blitz in the last Super Bowl.

Don't tell me this is sour grapes plenty of guys have wondered from 2000-2007 how much the Patriots benefitted from cheating.

When there is this much smoke there is fire. This is much more than jealousy or sour grapes. Spagnuolo already beat Belichick with the Giants so why would he come out now and stir the pot again?

http://www.phillyvoice.com/former-eagles-lb-coach-steve-spagnuolo-hints-strongly-patriots-cheated-super-bowl/amp/

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

I'm not going to debate about pre Spygate SB wins. I don't know the full context of it and the article brings a lot of light into it so we'll just go by what the article says. You do realize that ESPN was the one that started up Deflategate last year right? This article was published Sept 2015 so if they're resurfacing it again to stir up some more controversy, that's ESPN trying to get more clicks for money. 

Regardless of how a Super Bowl ends, a win is a win. Doesn't matter what the scoreboard says. Coaches can only do so much to game plan and call out the plays. The players are the ones that makes the plays. Whether or not the Patriots of the past knew what the play or scheme it was going to be, the players are the ones who have to execute it. For all we know, there could have been many plays where we failed to execute yet the Pats knew what to do to counter it. Regardless of what Martz mentioned, that was over a decade ago. Focusing on the now, it's all about football IQ and knowing the situation. Look at the Butler interception. NFL Films covered it pretty in depth on why the Pats succeeded on the SB clinching play.

Also, Jeff Saturday never played for the Patriots by the way. Was basically a Colt for his entire career.

You are right about Saturday my mistake. Bruschi and Moss though plus I'm sure there are others.

The fact of bringing this up now is that it is concerning how much they cheated. Like I said the only one who knows how much the stealing signs from other teams has helped the Patriots, only Belichick knows.

I disagree if you know what's coming it's a huge advantage of being able to prepare for it and yes execute against it.

The Malcom Butler thing I believe they were legit prepared for.

But a brand new redzone play that the Rams had never run and it wasn't even on film?! Like Matz said he was stunned and to this day felt cheated.

I am not mad at the Patriots being prepared for what a team has put out on gametape.

I'm talking about knowing the thought process behind a team and what they are trying to do to attack you by unfair tactics stealing signals, playbooks, playsheets, taping practices or walkthroughs signing players from a team you are going to play and having them diagram their plays or give Intel.

This all stuff the Patriots have done in the past but never admitted to this day from Belichick or Kraft.

What else they do since that we will never know. Is is simply great analysis via analytics and coaching at half time? Or is there a reason the Patriots never start fast and play much better after they have that halftime?

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

You are right about Saturday my mistake. Bruschi and Moss though plus I'm sure there are others.

The fact of bringing this up now is that it is concerning how much they cheated. Like I said the only one who knows how much the stealing signs from other teams has helped the Patriots, only Belichick knows.

I disagree if you know what's coming it's a huge advantage of being able to prepare for it and yes execute against it.

The Malcom Butler thing I believe they were legit prepared for.

But a brand new redzone play that the Rams had never run and it wasn't even on film?! Like Matz said he was stunned and to this day felt cheated.

I am not mad at the Patriots being prepared for what a team has put out on gametape.

I'm talking about knowing the thought process behind a team and what they are trying to do to attack you by unfair tactics stealing signals, playbooks, playsheets, taping practices or walkthroughs signing players from a team you are going to play and having them diagram their plays or give Intel.

This all stuff the Patriots have done in the past but never admitted to this day from Belichick or Kraft.

What else they do since that we will never know. Is is simply great analysis via analytics and coaching at half time? Or is there a reason the Patriots never start fast and play much better after they have that halftime?

Chip, I love you bud, but stop with the conspiracy theories. Spygate was one thing (that there is proof teams did), but everything else is definitely blown out of proportion. 

Even if you look at last year's superbowl, bad play calling likely cost the Falcons (not running and kicking 3 points, but instead passing and getting sacked), and that means they would have beaten the Pats (whether they cheated or not). The Giants have beaten the Pats twice in the Superbowl as well, so it's not like the Pats always win.

I have faith in the Eagles coaching staff to make the proper plays and adjustments, and I think we have a complete team that will make it tough on the Patriots.

7 hours ago, c00kies said:

Chip, I love you bud, but stop with the conspiracy theories. Spygate was one thing (that there is proof teams did), but everything else is definitely blown out of proportion. 

Even if you look at last year's superbowl, bad play calling likely cost the Falcons (not running and kicking 3 points, but instead passing and getting sacked), and that means they would have beaten the Pats (whether they cheated or not). The Giants have beaten the Pats twice in the Superbowl as well, so it's not like the Pats always win.

I have faith in the Eagles coaching staff to make the proper plays and adjustments, and I think we have a complete team that will make it tough on the Patriots.

19 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lol. If a team wins close games = cheating? 

The excuses get worse and worse each day. 

6 days left to step your game up.

Fair enough. Let's talk about the fact not only do Patriots apologists advocate cheating they also don't seem to mind incest all under that weasel Kraft's watch. Both Belichick and Brady do this as team leaders and Kraft is fine with it obviously win at all costs.

NI9GtPL.jpg?fb

screen-shot-2017-02-07-at-11-42-58-am.pn

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, c00kies said:

Exactly... you don’t win 5 Super Bowls by cheating.... someone would have caught on by now :lol: completely crazy theories.

I don’t understand why people can’t Admit that Brady is the best QB of all time and the Patriots in the last 15 years are the best run team of all time in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Fair enough. Let's talk about the fact not only do Patriots apologists advocate cheating they also don't seem to mind incest all under that weasel Kraft's watch. Both Belichick and Brady do this as team leaders and Kraft is fine with it obviously win at all costs.

NI9GtPL.jpg?fb

screen-shot-2017-02-07-at-11-42-58-am.pn

Now you're just being a clown.

6 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Chip vs Alex Reimers - who wins the week?

Brady has a huge ego everything from his TB 12 method his hooky pseudo sports science trainer Alex Guerrero to selling his book to his reality show all about attention and money. This guy cheated on his wife and is part of a cheating organization yet this false idol is what people worship?

Reimers just had the balls to say what everyone who has seen his crappy show thought. Spoiled brat kids.

32 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Brady has a huge ego everything from his TB 12 method his hooky pseudo sports science trainer Alex Guerrero to selling his book to his reality show all about attention and money. This guy cheated on his wife and is part of a cheating organization yet this false idol is what people worship?

Reimers just had the balls to say what everyone who has seen his crappy show thought. Spoiled brat kids.

Great show of your real character. Going after an innocent 5 year old who said she's going to go outside to play soccer and wants to sleep over at her friend's house.

If you don't like his show, no one's forcing you to log into Facebook, going to the Facebook tv show page, and clicking play. Also, no one's forcing you to believe his "Tb12 method hooky pseudo sports science". He's 40 and lead the league in passing and is in the MVP discussion and playing to win a Super Bowl. Whatever he's doing for his body, it's keeping him more durable than other QBs. I'll take a QB wearing a scuba suit under his gear and throwing 4 TDs than a QB rocking a tinted visor and long underarmor sleeves and camo cleats with hand drawings on them losing a game. 

Also didn't take you for a subscriber to People magazine, but where did he cheat on Gisele? Funny that Google couldn't find anything. Oh, you must mean him knocking up Bridget Moynahan in Vancouver while she was filming here.

• Upvote 1

On 29/01/2018 at 4:53 PM, Green Building said:

This morning I was already thinking about how much I miss NFL football and the season isn't even over yet. My 1 big offseason wish is that they bigtime review the rule book. Too many idiotic penalties that make no sense, like needing 2 seconds on the clock for a review, as an example. 

Go Eagles.

Just clearly define what is and is not a catch.  Fumbling through the end zone should be treated the same as out of bounds.

As for the game, I'll be rooting for the Eagles but I'm not optimistic.