The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Jets will probably make a huge push, but the Browns will ultimately pay him the max.

He wants the Max deal. He doesn't care about a winning culture. He is a Cleveland Brown. Im kinda happy though, because Sam gets to go to a place that is not QB Hell.

On a side note, anybody else already in NFL Draft mode? The start of this semester, I have been doing nothing else but watching tape:lol:. I really like the RB's in this class as well as the DL talent.

10 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

He wants the Max deal. He doesn't care about a winning culture. He is a Cleveland Brown. Im kinda happy though, because Sam gets to go to a place that is not QB Hell.

On a side note, anybody else already in NFL Draft mode? The start of this semester, I have been doing nothing else but watching tape:lol:. I really like the RB's in this class as well as the DL talent.

Titans picking at the end of round 1 is gonna be weird. Any DB's they can take around then? 

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Jets will probably make a huge push, but the Browns will ultimately pay him the max.

I’d be surprised if the Browns don’t give him the max. They’d actually make me kinda nervous if they get a QB like Cousins. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I’d be surprised if the Browns don’t give him the max. They’d actually make me kinda nervous if they get a QB like Cousins. 

Yeah they are up and coming, wonder if cousins cares remotely about winning Vikings, jaguars, Denver are al intriguing 

4 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Vita Vea is a monster what an athlete at his size so nimble and agile.

Top Rbs in no particular order.

1. Barkley 2. Guice 3. Jones 4. Chubb 5. Michel 6. Johnson 7. Freeman 8. Scarborough

That there is the guys nobody has heard of unless you are a hardcore CFB fan that surprise like Rawls, Chris Carson.

Corey Clement with the Eagles was an  undrafted rookie also.

53 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

He is going to the Broncos.

Well, they are desperate for a QB. They were willing to give up Talib and a 2nd rounder for Smith, so they'll probably be open to a big contract for Cousins.

On 1/29/2018 at 7:44 PM, Chip Kelly said:

You are right about Saturday my mistake. Bruschi and Moss though plus I'm sure there are others.

The fact of bringing this up now is that it is concerning how much they cheated. Like I said the only one who knows how much the stealing signs from other teams has helped the Patriots, only Belichick knows.

I disagree if you know what's coming it's a huge advantage of being able to prepare for it and yes execute against it.

The Malcom Butler thing I believe they were legit prepared for.

But a brand new redzone play that the Rams had never run and it wasn't even on film?! Like Matz said he was stunned and to this day felt cheated.

I am not mad at the Patriots being prepared for what a team has put out on gametape.

I'm talking about knowing the thought process behind a team and what they are trying to do to attack you by unfair tactics stealing signals, playbooks, playsheets, taping practices or walkthroughs signing players from a team you are going to play and having them diagram their plays or give Intel.

This all stuff the Patriots have done in the past but never admitted to this day from Belichick or Kraft.

What else they do since that we will never know. Is is simply great analysis via analytics and coaching at half time? Or is there a reason the Patriots never start fast and play much better after they have that halftime?

Despite knowing whats coming, as mentioned before, the players are the one executing it. Not the coaches. So if the an audible is made to adjust to neutralize the scheme/play, whats the point if a player can't make the necessary catch/yards needed. Same as putting pressure on a zone when you know where the ball is going. Players make the plays, which lead the franchise to success.

Maybe it's all hearsay as to whether or not a brand new red zone play that was never filmed or executed on film was greatly countered. Maybe it's just great football IQ from the coaches and the players to recognize the situation they're in and what kind of play would happen and go against what the obvious play would be. Besides, Spygate started because the Pats were caught filming from somewhere where they weren't suppose to. You going to tell me that the other 31 teams in the league also didn't film other team's practices?

Half time adjustments is all part of the game. Why do teams start out hot then crack under pressure and can't finish the game? Look at the Titans-Chiefs playoff game three weeks ago. Chiefs dominated the first half yet the Titans stormed back and won the game. You gonna tell me that they are also cheaters and they should be looked into as well?

On 1/30/2018 at 3:25 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Brady has a huge ego everything from his TB 12 method his hooky pseudo sports science trainer Alex Guerrero to selling his book to his reality show all about attention and money. This guy cheated on his wife and is part of a cheating organization yet this false idol is what people worship?

Reimers just had the balls to say what everyone who has seen his crappy show thought. Spoiled brat kids.

Whether you believe in his methods or not, he's clearly not showing any signs of slowing down. Year after year, he's putting up MVP numbers and always in the talk of being named MVP despite his age. Why can't other quarterbacks do the same? It's not cool to call out someone's kids like that. Don't go after family members. That's the ultimate sign of disrespect.

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Fox getting the rights to Thursday Night Football for the next 5 years, at least Joe Buck and Troy Aikmen will not be doing those games. 

Thank the Lord. I was mightily worried that I'd have to listen to those two dimwits twice a week. I don't mind Collinsworth but I can't stand the uninterested and monotonous Joe Buck.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:37 PM, c00kies said:

Chip, I love you bud, but stop with the conspiracy theories. Spygate was one thing (that there is proof teams did), but everything else is definitely blown out of proportion. 

Even if you look at last year's superbowl, bad play calling likely cost the Falcons (not running and kicking 3 points, but instead passing and getting sacked), and that means they would have beaten the Pats (whether they cheated or not). The Giants have beaten the Pats twice in the Superbowl as well, so it's not like the Pats always win.

I have faith in the Eagles coaching staff to make the proper plays and adjustments, and I think we have a complete team that will make it tough on the Patriots.

The Falcons completely lost that game last year more than the patriots lost.  Almost like the Jags lost last game more than the patriots won.  Pats were smart and took away the run and forced Bortels to throw and thats his weakness at the end of the day, how they let that game slip away the way it did was brutal.

I am sure many many teams have cheated and either never been caught or been swept under the rug.  Its like people complain deflategate was such a big deal and you had kickers and other QBs come out and say they did that themselves.  Hell theres a guy who does the NFL hit on TSN 1040 (can't remember his name right now, was a kicker) and he said he always used to inflate and deflate the balls depending on weather conditions and every QB he knew did the same thing so he always found it amusing that this was such a big deal suddenly.  People consider Montana the greatest QB ever when he admitted that his guys used Stickum and silicon during their playing days. 

The last time Philly/Pats met in the Super Bowl the following happened:

Seahawks finished 9-7

Falcons beats Rams in playoffs

Philly beat Vikings in playoffs

Pats were trying to repeat as SB champions

Seahawks went 13-3 the next year losing to Pittsburgh in Super Bowl

8 hours ago, fivethej said:

The last time Philly/Pats met in the Super Bowl the following happened:

Seahawks finished 9-7

Falcons beats Rams in playoffs

Philly beat Vikings in playoffs

Pats were trying to repeat as SB champions