The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

20 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Also just put $25 on Seattle to win the SB next year. Pays out at 500 bucks. There are like 10 teams with 20-1 odds

Damn those are good odds. Yesterday morning I contemplated putting $300 on the Eagles. I figured I'd be fine with losing $300 to see the Pats win, or, I can sulk with a free $1000 in the bank account. Should've done it :unsure:

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Am I the only one (non-eagle fan) that though both of the disputed calls were clear TD's? I didn't understand why there was so much confusion on either tbh. The 1st one I thought was clear because clement Caught the ball, then readjusted it, not bobbled. The second was even more obvious. Ertz caught the ball, took 3 steps, then dove in the endzone. 3 separate actions imo

That was my thinking as well.  Clement had two steps in bounds in the end zone with control.  It was on the third step, when he went out, where it looked like he had less control, but it should already be a TD by that point.  Or are we going to start calling a TD spike a fumble?  And Ertz was a no-brainer.  If he caught the ball at the line and landed that way, no TD, like Jesse James.  Three steps with control... that's a completed pass, and it's a TD as soon as it crosses the plane.  

At least, that's my unofficial interpretation :)

Edited by Kragar

13 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

After breaking his own record for most pass yards in a super bowl + 3 super bowls? Most of the offense is back next year, and the defense had a lot of rookies/2nd year players. Playoff team next year easily. Just a matter what defensive UFA will be signed. 

Yep.  I'm no Pats fan, but I can't say the nail is in the coffin yet.  I thought Brady wasn't great early on, and wondered if his hand was bugging him, but I also know they've been slow starters.  I knew better to know the game wasn't over at half time :) 

Not sure what this noise is with Gronk possibly retiring.  IMO, that would be a bigger factor than Tom Brady being a year older.

Fun game to watch, for sure.  Nice to see it come down to the wire like that.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Damn those are good odds. Yesterday morning I contemplated putting $300 on the Eagles. I figured I'd be fine with losing $300 to see the Pats win, or, I can sulk with a free $1000 in the bank account. Should've done it :unsure:

Lol. I hate when I lose $20 on gambling. 

Pats every favorites for next year which is kind of odd, I'd say it's the Eagles.

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Not sure what this noise is with Gronk possibly retiring.

Who knows, emotions or a ploy to get more money?  Either way I hope not, he's a very entertaining player on and off the field lol.

1 hour ago, gmen81 said:

Lol. I hate when I lose $20 on gambling. 

Would you pay $300 for a Titans SB win? ;)

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Pats every favorites for next year which is kind of odd, I'd say it's the Eagles.

Who knows, emotions or a ploy to get more money?  Either way I hope not, he's a very entertaining player on and off the field lol.

It won't get him more money, he's half way through a contract I believe, not eligible for an extension. I think he's legitimately considering it with his 2nd concussion, 2 back surgeries and 2 arm surgeries. 

However, how he worded it, he wants to "sit with the boys" and see "what's up" for next year before deciding. Sounds like he wants to know if there's plans to stock up through UFA for a run next year or not, similar to how they stocked up with Browner and Revis in 2015.

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Yeah, I wondered about that.  Don't know if his contract is up.  If so, I guess the comments aren't so surprising.

There's something I keep seeing in my channel lineup, Unsportsmanlike Comedy.  Gronk is somehow involved, but I haven't checked it out yet.

21 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, I wondered about that.  Don't know if his contract is up.  If so, I guess the comments aren't so surprising.

There's something I keep seeing in my channel lineup, Unsportsmanlike Comedy.  Gronk is somehow involved, but I haven't checked it out yet.

He's got 2 years left on his contract and isn't eligible for extension until next year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Would you pay $300 for a Titans SB win? ;)

It won't get him more money, he's half way through a contract I believe, not eligible for an extension. I think he's legitimately considering it with his 2nd concussion, 2 back surgeries and 2 arm surgeries. 

However, how he worded it, he wants to "sit with the boys" and see "what's up" for next year before deciding. Sounds like he wants to know if there's plans to stock up through UFA for a run next year or not, similar to how they stocked up with Browner and Revis in 2015.

Ah gotcha, I thought contracts could be 'reworked' for more bonuses up front.  Either way I hope he's back, BB aint getting any younger and would love to see him and Brady go out on a high note on top.

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

This should be the formula for whenever your team reaches the SCF, Superbowl, NBA Championship, World Series etc.  Figure out an amount you don't mind losing to see your team win it all, put it on the other team, then you've got consolation money.  Only sh*tty situation would be if team you bet on didn't cover the spread ... then it'd be lose lose :angry::o  

14 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Rumor is Butler was caught smoking weed late Saturday night after curfew and then freaked out on the staff that caught him. 

Well Butler is an idiot then.  Everyone is flipping out on BB but if that is true he made the right call.  Butler let the team down with his actions not Belichick's coaching decision.  Wonder what'll happen with Butler and Hightower(who liked Browner's 'locker room divided' post) in the offseason.

24 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

Biggest non-secret ... Lions officially hire Patricia.  The dismantling of the coaching staff has begun. 

I'm going to suggest the departure of Daniels and Patricia will be harder to overcome ... Pats do not make it back to SB next year.  

The division they play in sucks. Easy 5 wins. Even if they play terrible and go 5-6 in the games outside their division they end up around double digits wins. 

As of right now the Afc kinda sucks tbh. Would love to see the Colts get Luck some help. Deshaun Watson getting healthy would be nice. Ravens and Chargers addressing their weaknesses would be intriguing too. 

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

Biggest non-secret ... Lions officially hire Patricia.  The dismantling of the coaching staff has begun. 

I'm going to suggest the departure of Daniels and Patricia will be harder to overcome ... Pats do not make it back to SB next year.  

Not that I disagree but, predicting who won't be in the SB is a lot easier than predicting who will be (based on odds).

32 teams in the NFL, 30 don't make it = 93.75% chance you are right.  ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

You don't know Flores then. Look him up. He may not be an astrophysicist like Patricia but he has equal defensive football smarts but a lot more aggressive. He'll be a HC in a few years. 

Edit: not meaning to say we WILL be back next year, but Patricia's replacement may be better than him. McD will be a harder loss because he has a bromance with TB and the receivers and that trust is there. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

The division they play in sucks.  

AFC West, AFC South, nfc East,  nfc North all had worse records than Afc East. I'd put AFC north in there too but they have Cleveland which skews the results. The AFC east is a harder road than 4.5 of the other divisions. The difference in records between Afc East and nfc West teams was 2 wins. The Bills and Fins are legitimate threats. The Jets are the one weak spot. Afc East has been trash over the years but far from the easiest division to win. 

We sent 2 teams to the playoffs with a 3rd just barely missing. A lot more than other divisions can say. 

• Upvote 1