The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Is there something leaching into the Buffalo water supply?  The Bills and the Sabres seem to get some good players, but they continue to be terrible.  

The Bills have been dismantling the team for the last 18 months.  They have over 50 million in dead money cap because of it.  When Beane took the GM job, he said that he was going to tear down the roster and rebuild it.  When you do that, you're going to be terrible.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

How is it no one "quits" on an 0-16 team but it's so bad a guy quits on an 0-1 team? Must be something else going on in that locker room. 

He lost his starting spot and was put on the inactive list last game.  The coaches probably told him that they were going to bench him at the half so he just up and retired.  The Bills had a receiver do the same thing last year only this time it happened during the actual game.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:56 PM, Isam said:

Try being a bolts fan. I think our owners and front office have got you guys beat in the stupid dept over the past few years.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:39 PM, diesel_3 said:

Thank you, brother.

Good to know i'm not alone. Lol!

On 9/13/2018 at 12:20 PM, 73 Percent said:

Jets fan submitting my claim for hardest team to cheer for.

16 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I rest my case....

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

@NucksPatsFan Thought you said the D got better without Patricia

No excuses Jags are a legit team and played well, that's a pretty impressive stat though.  The pass rush is a lot better but that secondary is still suspect.  Chung missed his man on the 2nd or 3rd td, can't remember and Rowe just plain blows.   

15 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Bills have been dismantling the team for the last 18 months.  They have over 50 million in dead money cap because of it.  When Beane took the GM job, he said that he was going to tear down the roster and rebuild it.  When you do that, you're going to be terrible.

Well firing a GM after the draft instead of before just shows how moronic the ownership group is. 

Mike Wallace carted off last game and Alshon Jeffery still injured the Eagles need a wr like real bad.

Wentz is back but other than Ertz and Agholor has nobody to throw to.

Ajayi hurt his back too.

Plus the Eagles d is terrible on the road vs being actually solid at home.

Crazy home vs road split. Me thinks they really on the pass rush too much when it doesn't get home quickly the secondary is exposed real fast.

I got hammered on my picks for Week 2, and no, I did not take the Bills. lol

The Jags look like the real deal, liking the swagger against the Pats.  

The Chiefs has so many offensive weapons, my Steelers couldn't pull out the win even after scoring 37. Yikes.

What's wrong with the Saints? And how did the Bucs get so good?

58 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well firing a GM after the draft instead of before just shows how moronic the ownership group is. 

That draft was mostly run by McDermott, not Whaley.  As for the owners, they had no choice but to keep the GM until after the draft.  They had decided to clean house and ended up firing all of the scouts and some lifers left over from when Ralph Wilson owned the team.  It was seriously overdue.  17 seasons of no playoffs was untenable.  

As for the new GM, he told the owners that the Bills were going to be bad for the first two seasons because he had to clear out the horrible contracts off of the team.  Even though they made the playoffs last year, they shouldn't have.  They were in the bottom third of the league in both offense and defense.  They got in because of their excellent turnover recovery differential coupled with decent special teams play.

After this year they will have 90 million available on the cap (3rd most in the league), and even more available room the year after, to spend on free agents. 

This year they have the most dead cap money by far with over $50 million.  The next closest team has less than that in dead cap space.

19 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I'll call that a good loss. Same record after 2 weeks as the last 2 seasons. 

Didn't put too much of the playbook on film and got a feel for what it's like playing the #1 defense. 

Very clear we need Jules back and for Flowers & Chung to get healthy. 

D couldn't get off the field when it mattered. Drives kept getting extended when blown coverage or poor awareness of where Bortles was to allow him to run the yardage needed for first downs. Offence looked a bit off and not in sync. Also, Burkhead pretty much didn't play. Although Michel looked pretty good out there against a #1 D so I'm really happy about that