The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Pears said:

I thought the only reason we beat Pittsburgh in week 3 was because they didn’t have Watt :emot-parrot:

Didn't watch any games today (putting up Xmas decorations and besides, my team played on Thursday) but I heard Mixon had a big game.

Takes a bit of the sting out of the Sooners loss yesterday.....(as did Michigan beating the Buckeyes)

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Didn't watch any games today (putting up Xmas decorations and besides, my team played on Thursday) but I heard Mixon had a big game.

Takes a bit of the sting out of the Sooners loss yesterday.....(as did Michigan beating the Buckeyes)

Set a new career high in rushing yards in a game. This is his breakout season. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, c00kies said:

Kelce injured and the backup center costs them a TD, then Reagor drops 2 TD catches at the end...

Reagor needs to be cut, but makes the obvious Jefferson miss even worse.

Jalen Hurts the passer looking like Tim Tebow. Jalen Hurts the runner looking like Taysom Hill in the playoffs.

Jalen Hurts has bad decision making and doesn't get through his reads quick enough to deliver the ball. He failed to see Devonta Smith open in the crosser and instead went to Reagor in the middle of the field with more traffic around.

I am shocked at how bad Reagor is though. He is playing worse than Nelson Agholor in his first 2 seasons. I thought at minimum he would be as good as Agholor in Philly. 1 decent year the super bowl year and a bunch of mediocre seasons filled with drops and bouts of frustrating play.

Looking like a major bust. His confidence is shot. He needs a change of scenery. Some guys can't handle the tough Philly market and maybe he is just not good enough.

I still think if you put him on like the Raiders or 49ers Reagor might come alive like Agholor did.

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Lincoln Riley leaving for USC after losing to in state rival? 

Spencer Rattler not living up to the previous season hype.

Also they are joining the SEC next season without their big name HC.

Baker and Hurts looking like backup qbs.

Not a great time for Oklahoma football.

Let's hope the Bills can beat the Patriots who now have the best d in the NFL and will try to out physical the Bills.

5 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I still think if you put him on like the Raiders or 49ers Reagor might come alive like Agholor did.

Lincoln Riley leaving for USC after losing to in state rival? 

Spencer Rattler not living up to the previous season hype.

Also they are joining the SEC next season without their big name HC.

Baker and Hurts looking like backup qbs.

Not a great time for Oklahoma football.

Let's hope the Bills can beat the Patriots who now have the best d in the NFL and will try to out physical the Bills.

Yeah. I read somewhere that a bunch of their recruits jumped ship after the news about Riley too....I suppose a lot will depend on who they hire to replace him...

I was always a bit iffy about Rattler, but I suppose the fact that Caleb WIlliams is a Freshman gives me some hope.

Baker is a pretty big disappointment, but TBH, I was really surprised to see an undersized QB go first overall. I always thought that his tendency to try and squeeze throws through the tightest of windows wouldn't fly at the pro level. Now it appears that he's really struggling with his confidence. (something I never thought I'd ever say about Baker Mayfield)

Kyler is doing okay, though....;)

As far as the Bills - Patriots, I guess we'll see which Bills squad shows up. The team looked good on Thanksgiving, but awful the previous week against the Titans. I think a lot comes down to the running game. They need a contribution from Singletary and Moss, so Allen isn't playing with a target on his back the entire game.

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2021 at 4:57 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah. I read somewhere that a bunch of their recruits jumped ship after the news about Riley too....I suppose a lot will depend on who they hire to replace him...

I was always a bit iffy about Rattler, but I suppose the fact that Caleb WIlliams is a Freshman gives me some hope.

Baker is a pretty big disappointment, but TBH, I was really surprised to see an undersized QB go first overall. I always thought that his tendency to try and squeeze throws through the tightest of windows wouldn't fly at the pro level. Now it appears that he's really struggling with his confidence. (something I never thought I'd ever say about Baker Mayfield)

Kyler is doing okay, though....;)

As far as the Bills - Patriots, I guess we'll see which Bills squad shows up. The team looked good on Thanksgiving, but awful the previous week against the Titans. I think a lot comes down to the running game. They need a contribution from Singletary and Moss, so Allen isn't playing with a target on his back the entire game.

watched the Bills - Colts two weeks ago and was very impressed by the Colts running game. Bills D couldn't stop this running game. I expect that Pats running backs like Rhamondre Stevenson, Damien Harris and Bolden are going to register 100+ yards each of them. It 's going to be a great game but in the end Pats will win this, because

of their outstanding D, great execution from all players on the field and excellent coaching.

20 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Question is If Wilson is gone should they be paring ways with Caroll as well for a truly fresh start?

Probably just me, but I would have parted ways with Carroll after he called a pass to Lockette, instead of a run by Lynch....

• Like 2

Seahawks fan here. I’m really disappointed about how the year has gone. Wilson, who is my favourite Seahawk of all time, had something going on early. Then the injury rattled the team. Smith filled in and did a solid job.  Didn’t do enough though to keep us in the hunt. I was really hoping in the 2020 draft that Love would drop into our pick. Wilson would be the perfect mentor for Love personally. Now we’re without a 1st this year as well because of the Adams trade with Jets. We definitely need to draft a QB this upcoming year if Wilson rumours continue. I’m hoping Wilson finished his career as a Seahawk. There’s still some glimmer of hope of making the playoffs but if not, hopefully he stays here for the long haul. GSOAT!

• Like 1

Gardner Minshew 80% completion percentage. I know it's vs the Jets but still.

He actually looks half decent throwing the ball. He has a weak arm like Hurts but more accurate and gets the ball out quicker and can read the field.

Maybe they need to run a 2 qb system with Hurts in the wildcat and at WR with Minshew under center on some snaps as a change up.

@c00kies @Van40

17 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Why? Don't they have any other RBs? 

The guy doesn't know when to quit. NFL teams keep calling his agent despite the fact he has been washed since he played for the football team.

So did a little research All day is broke as a joke and owes big money to creditors.

He is hanging on as long as possible just like Frank Gore...

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Gardner Minshew 80% completion percentage. I know it's vs the Jets but still.

He actually looks half decent throwing the ball. He has a weak arm like Hurts but more accurate and gets the ball out quicker and can read the field.

Maybe they need to run a 2 qb system with Hurts in the wildcat and at WR with Minshew under center on some snaps as a change up.

@c00kies @Van40

Yeah I was excited for him coming in. I think he's the better and smarter passer, but Hurts obviously has the edge on the ground.

The one thing that might come out of this is if Hurts has a bad game like he did against the Giants, Minshew might come in during that game. 

Hurts needs to work on his progressions, but it's hard because if his first read isn't there, he's more likely to run than hang in the pocket. 

• Upvote 1