The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Hawks dominating in a meaningless game vs the Lions. Hoping that it ain’t a farewell for GSOAT in Russ. Sucks that we don’t have a 1st. Lots of good kids in this upcoming draft. If we blow it up and trade Russ, I hope it’s for a really nice package. Getting multiple 1sts would be a good start. Hope that this isn’t the case and continues to don a Seahawk jersey when it’s all said and done

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Or he’s just an idiot?  If he did have a mental breakdown then why would Tampa cut him?  Wouldn’t they put him into a program to get help?  

Never seen a player do anything like this during gameplay, was totally unprofessional, he could get help but I think his career is over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Pears said:

LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Very impressed with the big win in the jungle!!

Chase is a YAC monster. He might be the most exciting WR in the NFL right now after the catch along with Deebo Samuel.

He has great vision and feel to set up his blocks and then just burst away in the open field after breaking a tackle or making a guy miss.

• Cheers 2

So as long as the Packers and "immunized" A-rod take care of business and beat the Vikings...

The FREAKING Eagles are in the playoffs!!!:emot-parrot:

What a turnaround. They have been winning ugly running the ball against weak opponents mostly but the formula has worked for the most part.

The running offence has been great. It should be enough to keep them in a playoff game against a superior opponent.

@c00kies @Xbox 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

So as long as the Packers and "immunized" A-rod take care of business and beat the Vikings...

What a turnaround. They have been winning ugly running the ball against weak opponents mostly but the formula has worked for the most part.

The running offence has been great. It should be enough to keep them in a playoff game against a superior opponent.

@c00kies @Xbox 

Yes! 

As long as games don't get too out of hand, we can continue to run! I wonder if we see Minshew next week against the Cowboys (even if just a half). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, c00kies said:

Yes! 

As long as games don't get too out of hand, we can continue to run! I wonder if we see Minshew next week against the Cowboys (even if just a half). 

I think you can make a case that the Packers, Cowboys or Rams could all be decent matchups for the Eagles.

Stafford is throwing multiple picks a game and the Rams are winning in spite of him right now.

Prescott and the Cowboys red hot offence has slowed down a little of late.

Plus being a division opponent the Eagles should know them very well to have a gameplan for.

Despite the Pack looking like the cream of the NFC they are vulnerable to a strong and committed running game.

I would like to see Minshew and rest Hurts because they need his legs for the playoffs as well as hope Jordan Howard recovers a bit but he has been not as good playing through injury. Maybe Miles Sanders can come back as well in time to have a limited role.

Basically the run game is all on Hurts' shoulders or legs if you will and then mighty mite Boston Scott.

Edited by Chip Kelly

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

@c00kies @Xbox 

Natural Immunity now that he got covid.

Wow, what a finish happening here in the Steelers/Ravens game.  OT, tied up (tie won't work for either team).  Two minutes left, Steelers driving.  They just had to go on 4th down (and 8?) and made it.  Would be a 49 yard fg if they kicked it right now....

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Chargers and Raiders really don’t have any incentive to do anything besides kneel the entire  game out lol. 

I'm genuinely curious what would happen if both teams were found guilty of colluding to tie the game. Someone on Reddit found a section of the rulebook that says the commisioner could intervene in such an event:

ARTICLE 1. COMMISSIONER AUTHORITY

The Commissioner has the sole authority to investigate and take appropriate disciplinary and/or corrective measures if any club action, non-participant interference, or calamity occurs in an NFL game which the Commissioner deems so extraordinarily unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of the game.

ARTICLE 3. PENALTIES FOR UNFAIR ACTS

The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified in 17-1-511, above. In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game video, and any other procedure the Commissioner deems appropriate.

Question is what the punishment would be. Award both teams a loss? Force them both to replay the game? Part of me really wants to see the fallout from this.

• Cheers 1