The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Props to you to stick it out. Cant watch or follow that long. I just wait to see after who got picked. Even round 2-3 was too long IMO.

Coming off round 1. It's overkill for me.

After the third round, I just watch for team picks and to see the last of the story lines play out.  This year's late round story line is Cook.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's a buncha picks!

Kevin Hogan, Keith Marshall, Kolby Listenbee, Malcolm Mitchell. 

Some decent players there still left. If the Ravens get any of these guys I thinks fans should be happy.

At this point in the draft not much separates rounds 4-7 and undrafted guys really. Comes down to character and opportunity to develop into NFL ers.

• Upvote 1

I love Kevin Faulk and Seymour, big middle fingers to that waste of oxygen Goodell.

Was surprised the Pats would take a DB with their 1st pick of the draft, but the fact it's Cyrus Jones makes a lot of sense. High level athlete who will start as a returner and nickel/dime guy and as long as he doesn't get lazy can become like Butler and become a starter, certainly has all the gifts.

Was also the Cotton Bowl MVP and apparently loves to watch film, impressed Belichick when the 2 sat down to watch film because Jones was picking up everything on film that Belichick thought he'd have to point out.

Liked the move of trading the 61st pick for a 3rd and 4th rounder. Got a hefty return but Saints must've really wanted their guy. 

Like the pick of Thuney, especially because he played all 5 OL positions in college. He's a big guy who will play guard for us, but he said he has no hesitations about playing tackle. After last year's reason for a playoff loss (no protection on the O-line, especially against Miller), I have no complaints about getting talent in the trenches.

Jacoby Brissett, meh. Didn't feel like we needed to waste a 3rd round pick on a QB who'll never start for us. Could've gotten him later, or one of the many QB's still on the board. However, the fact he was a Charlie Weis recruit showed Belichick that this is a really coachable kid who responds to tough love so maybe they'll end up developing him into a top tier back up/on-the-line starter in a few years and flip him or Jimmy G for a pick.

At 6'4 330lbs Valentine is a large, run stuffer DT. Again, good to have depth in the trenches. Last year's steal of the 1st round Malcolm Brown and FA acquisition Potroast will be the 'main' DT's, but Valentine will be good to have in the rotation along with Hicks, Branch and Kearse.

Patriots have 8 picks today. Some people I had on my wish list for the first 3 rounds who are still available are Jonathan Williams and Devontae Booker. Travis Feeney is also someone I'd like as he played just down the I5, but I really think Williams or Booker would be a great fit in the backfield with Lewis and Blount. 

Pats are on the board pretty quick in the 4th round so hopefully they're options. Though BB might go in the trenches again on the O line.

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

Certainly didn't expect a WR.  Okay.

Malcolm Mitchell from Georgia. Character is his strong suit.

Couldn't read in high school, learned in college, loved it so much he wrote his own children's book and reads it to kids in the Georgia area, and helps them learn to read. All while being a full time college student and NCAA athlete. 

Patriots had him in for a visit in early April and he was projected as one of the best fits for the Patriots. 

Sounds like a great organizational pick, just don't think WR is where we needed to go this early. 

Edited by NucksPatsFan