The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

But EE is under pressure himself.  I've already read a few articles predicting he'll be rookie of the year.  And if he doesn't get at least a 1000 yards rushing, some fans are going to be disappointed.

A lot is being expected of the young guy.  

ive been listening to fantasy football shows and some people have him as a top 5 RB, top 3 being the highest. 

I don't watch many Chargers games lately, mostly cause you can flip a coin to guess how they'll play week to week, but I'm looking forward to seeing how Bosa does with them. 

Interesting article on NFL.com talking about all the high fives when 2 teams traded up for QB's all but guaranteeing Bosa would be left on the board at 3rd overall.

1 hour ago, Tony Romo said:

If Toronto ever got an NFL team,would you cheer for them

Love the Raps and Jays but nope. Can't do it.

Ravens will always be my first love. Got into football cause of those purple jersey's and the hard-nosed defense! Hating the the Steelers was a bonus :P

15 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

If Toronto ever got an NFL team,would you cheer for them

They would at best be my 3rd favourite team.

I would probably cheer for them, and be happy if they succeeded.  But when they played the Niners or Dolphins I would want them to lose.

Lynch has told 2 teammates he's coming back.

http://q13fox.com/2016/05/26/marshawn-lynch-reportedly-told-two-former-teammates-hes-planning-to-return/

SEATTLE – The reports that Marshawn Lynch is considering a return to the NFL aren’t going away. Bleacher Report reported on Thursday that the ostensibly retired Seattle Seahawks running back has told two former teammates that he’s planning to play again next season. The report also said, however, that Lynch’s agent said Lynch has no plans to return. Last weekend, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman said he wouldn’t be surprised to see Lynch back in uniform. “I don’t put anything past him,” Sherman said. “He’s about as predictable as a pair of dice. So I don’t try to call his plays.” Lynch, the Seahawks’ fourth-leading all-time rusher, announced his retirement in February by hanging up a pair of cleats and tweeting a picture of them. Earlier this month, the Seahawks officially placed him on the reserved/retired list.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:53 PM, the last outlaw said:

If he's healthy, but worried about breaking himself again, it would be sweet to have him come in and back Rawls up with limited carries instead of vice versa. What's the timeline for him needing to make his mind up with regards to the Seahawks managing the salary cap? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

Beast Mode tells 60 Minute Sports that "he's retired".  

Marshawn Lynch: 'I'm not playing football anymore'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000666972/article/marshawn-lynch-im-not-playing-football-anymore

------------------

Too bad he spent so much of last season injured. It sounds obvious, but that is likely playing a large part in his choice. As much as I love the guy, he wasn't himself when he was in the lineup last year.  

Thanks for giving up on him Buffalo, he sure fit in well here.

Hey everybody :lol:

Been away and travelling/working for the last little bit in case some of you all were curious where your local Lions fan went off to.  Glad to be back and start talking football again.  So disappointed that this last year was my first time I didn't get to watch the Super Bowl in forever and I also was forced to miss my Lions annual Super Bowl as well (draft day).

Can't wait to start catching up on everything that has happened in the sports world since I've been gone, only thing I really followed was I tried to watch a Raptors playoff game when it was possible.  Oh and plus I heard that deflategate had become a thing again.  Sort of glad I missed out on CDC at that moment

Oh and p.s. I hold no grudge for giving my fantasy team away :P