The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I don't watch First Take often but I found this pretty good.

Both. Epic collapse and epic BB and Brady moment. BB shutting down that offense in the 2nd half and Brady driving down the field all day took everything they had. 

All Atlanta had to do was run the ball lmao. Seahawks fans know..

• Upvote 1

Very early but...

Other than the Broncos and maybe the Ravens, who is even gonna challenge the Pats in the afc. Both those teams missed the playoffs last year too. 

Dallas and Atlanta have to be favorites to come out of the nfc. Greenbay, Seattle and the Giants are darkhorses. Nfc is gonna be sick to watch. 

23 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Very early but...

Other than the Broncos and maybe the Ravens, who is even gonna challenge the Pats in the afc. Both those teams missed the playoffs last year too. 

Dallas and Atlanta have to be favorites to come out of the nfc. Greenbay, Seattle and the Giants are darkhorses. Nfc is gonna be sick to watch. 

I always find the AFC so boring because there are usually 2 teams above the rest, and there aren't enough upsets to dethrone those teams. In the NFC, the great teams are more clustered together, so you don't know who will come out of the NFC.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gmen81 said:

This year I bought game pass so was probably able to watch about 10-12 Titans games. Most Titans games would be on CBS, size of my tv would be 42 and 60 inches. In past when I didn't have game pass I would try to find a stream of the game or just watch other games and follow Titans twitter. 

Requirements met. You're allowed to cheer for Tennessee.

4 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Very early but...

A young Oakland team with 1 extra year under their belt and a motivated Derek Carr, I think they win the AFC West.

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

A young Oakland team with 1 extra year under their belt and a motivated Derek Carr, I think they win the AFC West.

Maybe if the defense improves. Still a very young team and I'm not a fan of Rio

5 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Very early but...

AFC sucks. Patriots get a tip toe through the division each year. Jets, Dolphins, Bills all 3 of these teams have major questions at QB. That's 6 wins off the bat locked in before you even start playing other AFC teams and then the NFC.

Seem to always get an easier schedule than they should each year.

Make them play the Saints, Falcons, Packers, Giants,Ravens, Chiefs,Broncos,Raiders, etc next year

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Since the tuck rule and the unofficial start of the Patriots dynasty Raiders fans hate the Patsies as much as any fanbase in the league...

Just FYI.

9 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Very early but...

If we can one or two pass rushers, maybe another receiver/tight end, shore up the secondary a little and actually protect Dalton this year, I can easily see us being AFC contenders. 

Edited by Pears
typo

IMO I can totally see the Raiders, Steelers, or Texans coming out of the AFC next season. Hell, if the Colts can get Andrew Luck some pass protection he can bring them to the promise land. In the NFC, I have a bit of a bone to pick with analysts. With Pete Carroll as coach Seattle will never be "out of the mix" for a Super Bowl. He finds talent, develops, and gets the most out his players. If Seattle can

1.shore up its offensive line particularly on the edges (I would want to bring in Kalil and draft one of Bolles/Ramczyk),

2. add an outside corner (longer guys like Rasual Douglas or Kevin King, maybe even an athlete who we can develop like Adoree Jackson) moving Lane to the slot where he is at his best,

3.and add a safety/linebacker player in the mold of Deon Buchanan (Shalom Luani from WSU) to play that WILL backer

this team is winning the Super Bowl next year if ETIII and Russell Wilson can stay healthy

If Houston can get a decent QB with that scary defense and a healthy Watt they might be a force.  Oakland is an obvious choice to contend as well as Pittsburgh and KC.  For the NFC it will be interesting to see how the draft pans out.  If a team like Carolina takes Fournette and he pans out then that could be a match made in heaven.  Too much uncertainty until the draft happens.

19 hours ago, Neversummer said:

Well ... OK, if you put it that way. 

If you were Gronk, how would you feel ... would this feel satisfying even though you didn't play in the game?

I think it helps that he won one two years ago.

14 hours ago, Pears said:

If we can one or two pass rushers, maybe another receiver/tight end, shore up the secondary a little and actually protect Dalton this year, I can easily see us being AFC contenders. 

And another coach, and a razor for Dalton so he can through his eyebrows.

16 hours ago, Pears said:

Maybe but there's no history of playoff success so I left them out. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

What Carolina did two seasons ago was a flash in the pan. They are not that good.

That's at least debatable, although I have no idea what happened to Cam. If Cincinnati wasn't absolutely gutted in free agency last spring I think we would've won the AFC North again this year. 

23 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I am expecting high things from Booda Baker.

They are already comparing him to Earl Thomas!!!

Earl Thomas is this generations Ed Reed.

So Baker must be pretty good Free Safety.

I could see Atlanta drafting him to pair with Kenau Neal and create a young mini LOB.

With Trufant,Alford, Jalen Collins, Brian Poole,Keanu Neal, and add to that Budda Baker.

Lots of speed on d. Vic Beasley is playing the Bruce Irvin role.

Deion Jones is Bobby Wagner. DeVondre Campbell is KJ wright/.

If I was Atlanta I sign Malcolm Smith and draft Buddy Baker and some beast d line man and you got a top 10 d locked and loaded for next year.