The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 10/1/2017 at 9:58 AM, Tre Mac said:

No pats game on tv, ouch.  Might give DAZN a try but I am hesitantl on using my Credit Card for online stuff.

Just cancel the day before your free trial expires. It's not worth the money as I had initially hoped for but anyways it's a lot cheaper than paying for cable for my weekly dose of Patriots and Texans football since I rarely get it on TV anyways

On 10/1/2017 at 10:03 AM, King Heffy said:

I haven't been charged yet and the service is so bad I wouldn't hesitate to initiate a chargeback if they hadn't given me another month free.  If you can't get it for free, don't bother.

Agreed. What used to be a minute delay, which I was able to cope with, turned into a lag fest for the Panthers-Patriots game and ultimately, me being behind by at least a team's offensive drive.I just eventually turned it off because it was a lot easier to follow the game through Yahoo Fantasy Football than it was on DAZN

On 10/1/2017 at 2:28 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Patriots fans, what's wrong with their defence this year?  It's terrible.  They're dead last in the league in points allowed I believe.

On 10/1/2017 at 3:58 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Yeah what a joke you have McCourty, Butler, and Gilmore 3 pro bowl DBs in the secondary.

Then Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise off the edge.

Donta Hightower is out but they have got Elandon Roberts and Kyle Van Noy to help...maybe they need a LB that is versatile to cover and blitz and rush the passer.

Maybe they need a trade to shake things up.

To NE: LB Mychal Kendricks and a conditional 5th round pick

To PHI: CB Malcolm Butler

Malcolm Butler is expected to walk after the season anyways might as well get some value for him like Jamie Collins.

Secondary not playing up to standards. Look lost and a lot of breakdowns. McCourty basically the only guy that's doing their job. Butler and Gilmore are blowing it. We need to tighten up or we'll be having offensive shootouts every week to win the game.

Honestly, the loss of Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins, in my opinion, have hurt the D. We lost the capability to utilize their versatility on pass rushing and run stopping situations.. It'll fix itself though the more time they spend together. Gilmore's basically trying to develop chemistry with the secondary between McCourty, Butler, Chung, etc since Logan Ryan is now gone..

• Upvote 2

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I think you kinda just joined in a convo when you have no idea what's going on. 

Regardless, the general consensus is there's no reason to hate those players on your team from a fanbase standpoint. You can hate them all you want but generally speaking, I don't think they've done anything to warrant a huge distaste in Seahawks fans eyes.

3 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Regardless, the general consensus is there's no reason to hate those players on your team from a fanbase standpoint. You can hate them all you want but generally speaking, I don't think they've done anything to warrant a huge distaste in Seahawks fans eyes.

The Seahawks aren't "my team"...

3 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Secondary not playing up to standards. Look lost and a lot of breakdowns. McCourty basically the only guy that's doing their job. Butler and Gilmore are blowing it. We need to tighten up or we'll be having offensive shootouts every week to win the game.

Honestly, the loss of Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins, in my opinion, have hurt the D. We lost the capability to utilize their versatility on pass rushing and run stopping situations.. It'll fix itself though the more time they spend together. Gilmore's basically trying to develop chemistry with the secondary between McCourty, Butler, Chung, etc since Logan Ryan is now gone..

Bills fans tried to warn Pats fans about Gilmore.  He makes big plays on occasion, but makes more mistakes on average.  Some years he's better than others.  You never know which version of him that you're going to get. 

Wait until he starts blaming others on the team when he screws up.  Sooner or later, it's going to happen.

Patriots need a pass rusher and the Giants need some offensive line help. I think they’re the perfect trade partners IMO, so how does this sound?

To New England: JPP or Olivier Vernon

To NY Giants: Nate Solder or Marcus Cannon

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Patriots need a pass rusher and the Giants need some offensive line help. I think they’re the perfect trade partners IMO, so how does this sound?

To New England: JPP or Olivier Vernon

To NY Giants: Nate Solder or Marcus Cannon

I'm hoping for a Malcolm Butler to Eagles trade he has to be pissed about Gilmore getting the big contract that he was supposed to get from the Patriots.

I honestly don't see Belichick sucking up to keep him and mend the fences.

If they keep playing bad in the secondary Butler will get moved imo.

Matter of when not if Malcolm Butler plays his last game with the Patriots...

1 minute ago, Jiggs50 said:

For some odd reason I took KC minus 7.5 earlier last week. That last second td won me a lot of money ::D

Lot of people had the Skins including me.. that was some straight cheese at the end. That ref didn't blow the play dead when the guy had his forward progress stopped fast enough.

:angry:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Bills fans tried to warn Pats fans about Gilmore.  He makes big plays on occasion, but makes more mistakes on average.  Some years he's better than others.  You never know which version of him that you're going to get. 

Wait until he starts blaming others on the team when he screws up.  Sooner or later, it's going to happen.

Didn't think Belichick would've handed out that much amount of money and term to anyone and then it happened to Gilmore. Was more shocked than anything. But we all trusted him.

Hopefully this will pan out. Probably needs a couple more games to adjust.. Otherwise, he's better off playing against opposing team's WR2/3 and leave Butler and McCourty to the others.

7 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Going to Cowboys packers on Sunday, I am struggling to contain my excitement wow

Have fun :) I have yet to experience an NFL game and am hoping the Patriots come to Seattle next year. Would be a dream for me to see TB12 play live. I missed the game a couple of years ago and have regretted it ever since

Not worried about Gilmore. Revis also took 5 games before he gelled with the system and played at a pro-bowl caliber. I remember Revis getting beat for a couple long tosses in his first couple games and everyone started laughing at the signing. 

revis2.jpg

Our defense is barely playoff caliber thus far, let alone Super Bowl caliber :(

On 10/3/2017 at 9:27 AM, Apple Juice said:

Just cancel the day before your free trial expires. It's not worth the money as I had initially hoped for but anyways it's a lot cheaper than paying for cable for my weekly dose of Patriots and Texans football since I rarely get it on TV anyways

Agreed. What used to be a minute delay, which I was able to cope with, turned into a lag fest for the Panthers-Patriots game and ultimately, me being behind by at least a team's offensive drive.I just eventually turned it off because it was a lot easier to follow the game through Yahoo Fantasy Football than it was on DAZN

There are so many HQ feeds online that have been lag free this year. It has been great. Normally the quality for streams is poor but this year its HD feeds with no lag. If one goes down there is another one right back up.

9 hours ago, peaches5 said:

There are so many HQ feeds online that have been lag free this year. It has been great. Normally the quality for streams is poor but this year its HD feeds with no lag. If one goes down there is another one right back up.

Really? Mind sending a link over? I may not stay with DAZN if this keeps up.

And is it live/barely any delay? Or should I expect about a 10 15 second delay which is normal?