The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 2017-09-26 at 8:43 AM, WHL rocks said:

If I'm Trump i would hold a press conference with some injured war veterans on stage and talk about the sacrifices they made for the country and the flag. 

The President will come out on top in this situation. The NFL will have to make a rule that requires players to stand for the anthem. 

That's a crock, go to Facebook and Twitter there's lots of soldiers who are taking photos of them kneeling. 

Soldiers are to defend America, and it's people. Not goose-step to Hell Toupee's orders. 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's a crock, go to Facebook and Twitter there's lots of soldiers who are taking photos of them kneeling. 

Soldiers are to defend America, and it's people. Not goose-step to Hell Toupee's orders. 

Not to mention that Cheeto Hitler saw fit to insult the family of deceased soldiers who happened to be a colour he didn't like.  Make no mistake, this has zero to due with Trump having an iota of respect for the military.  What we're looking at is full-on bigotry and I have nothing but respect for the players who continue to fight the evil that is in America at the moment.

• Upvote 1

What a bad way to lose, but a win would have been undeserved. So many coverage breakdowns due to miscommunication in the secondary, but as always TB12 leads a 2 touchdown come back to tie it. Patriots get the 3rd down sack to force a punt and set up a game winning drive.... buuuuut wait, Gilmore decides he wants to slap around the receiver. 

Drive continues, 3rd down, Carolina runs the ball and the defense stops them... buuuuuut wait, a defensive back got a holding penalty on a run play.

I didn't understand this one at all. Carolina runs the ball, McCaffrey comes out of the slot to block Gilmore and drops his head to engage, Gilmore is trying to get around him and gets called for a hold ... on a run play ... I've only ever seen this called on a draw where the receiver pretends to run a double move and the DB holds on, or when a DT holds an OL and drags him down .. but whatever.

Like I said, we were undeserving of the win with how the defense played anyways, just harder to absorb when it ends like that over Carolina just actually converting 3rd down plays on merit.

Thursday doesn't get any easier having to cover VJ and DJ on a short week. 

Well if the Pats are going to lose best to do it when they're not on Network TVB).  Entertainment wise its best to have a potent offense and a crappy D as oppose to the other way around,  at least no one can say any of their games have been duds so far.

Houston is going to be a powerhouse, why Deshaun Watson wasn't taken first overall is beyond me.  QB should be the number one position to fill, look at Houston they had arguably the best defensive player in the game yet did nothing with the dozen of scrub QB's they had since Bill O'Brien took over.  Now they got a promising QB, a top 5 WR, and a shutdown D led by Watt and Clowney, they should be dominating the AFC south for years to come. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Brisset is actually a decent young qb and he's learned under BB and TB. This isn't quite the gimme Seattle fans think it is. 

I really hated that trade but hard to argue with the messiah of football. 

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well if the Pats are going to lose best to do it when they're not on Network TVB).  Entertainment wise its best to have a potent offense and a crappy D as oppose to the other way around,  at least no one can say any of their games have been duds so far.

Houston is going to be a powerhouse, why Deshaun Watson wasn't taken first overall is beyond me.  QB should be the number one position to fill, look at Houston they had arguably the best defensive player in the game yet did nothing with the dozen of scrub QB's they had since Bill O'Brien took over.  Now they got a promising QB, a top 5 WR, and a shutdown D led by Watt and Clowney, they should be dominating the AFC south for years to come. 

Green

Jones

OBJ

Brown

D. Bryant

I don't see an argument for Hopkins to be in this class yet.  I like him and think Houston has a good shot at replicating what Dallas did last season but top 5 is a stretch.

Edited by King Heffy

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Green

Jones

OBJ

Brown

D. Bryant

I don't see an argument for Hopkins to be in this class yet.  I like him and think Houston has a good shot at replicating what Dallas did last season but top 5 is a stretch.

I would take mike Evans and jordy Nelson over dez 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Green

Jones

ODB

Brown

D. Bryant

I don't see an argument for Hopkins to be in this class yet.

We'll agree to disagree on that.  Hopkins is only 25 and had the weakest of QB's out of any of those WR, Green and Brown are close to 30years old, they'll slip down soon enough.  Jones is a beast, my top rated WR, but is 28 and injury prone.  Bryant I don't think is top 5, I take Hopkins, Diggs and maybe even Evans over him.  And I still holding out hope that Amari Cooper will become a beast soon.  OBJ is just batshiz crazy, much like TO.  Going to be a lot of talent wasted unless he gets his head on straight, maybe too much peroxide is seeping into his brain.

Jones

Brown

OBJ

Green

Hopkins

Anyways glad this thread is back on track.

52 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Green

Jones

OBJ

Brown

D. Bryant

It’s nice to see Green getting recognition, but as much as I love the guy Julio’s better. 

Jones

Green

OBJ

Evans

Brown

Hopkins is just barely on the outside of the top 5 IMO. 

Edited by Pears

21 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Brisset is actually a decent young qb and he's learned under BB and TB. This isn't quite the gimme Seattle fans think it is. 

He has made some pretty nice runs but he also has made some terrible throws. He will never be a starting QB or shouldn't be but the NFL has seen some pretty bad starting QB.

Patriots should have won that game as bad as their D was it showed up when it mattered if not for Gilmore's second stupid hands to the face penalty the game was over.

2 hours ago, Pears said:

It’s nice to see Green getting recognition, but as much as I love the guy Julio’s better. 

Jones

Green

OBJ

Evans

Brown

Hopkins is just barely on the outside of the top 5 IMO. 

My 5 were in no particular order.  Jones is #1 for sure.

My Seahawks totally exploded in the 2nd half on Sunday. the defence came to life and put some nice pressure on Brissett making him rush and scramble on a lot of plays including Wagner getting a fumble return for TD. on the other side, the offence imploded with Wilson being Vintage Wilson. Willson, and a McKissic rook getting the job done. then Wilson rushing the rock himself for a TD of his own. good to get back to .500 and its time to focus on the surprisingly hot Rams