The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

5 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That Devonte Adams hit was sickening, totally unnecessary.  I mean the optics of that head shot really could of come at a worse time for the NFL.  With the ratings slipping, the anthem protests, and the overall thuggery of the league the last thing they needed was a player being carted off in a primetime game by a totally unnecessary hit.  Trevatian should of been tossed and hopefully suspended.

I used to be a big fan and watch a lot of NFL games.  The behavior of too many of the players (maybe because of social media we are more aware?) is turning me off the league.  I didn't watch the game last night; not surprised about the hit.  Saw a nasty hit on Beckham earlier.  It does appear too many Players are really thugs, and have bad attitudes towards the world.  Just my views, but really does seem there are deep issues of hatred towards others in a lot of the players.

46 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

That Devonte Adams hit was sickening, totally unnecessary.  I mean the optics of that head shot really could of come at a worse time for the NFL.  With the ratings slipping, the anthem protests, and the overall thuggery of the league the last thing they needed was a player being carted off in a primetime game by a totally unnecessary hit.  Trevatian should of been tossed and hopefully suspended.

So you're saying there could have been a worse time? 

Are you one of those people who could care less?

:P

• Upvote 1

Lol @ the dumb hick  Trump fanatic at the Packers/Bears game yelling "USA! USA!" during the national anthem yet kept his hat on.. 

I guess kneeling is a total no no, but keeping your hat on and being loud and obnoxious while the anthem is being sung is totally fine in the bigot rule book.

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

No pats game on tv, ouch.  Might give DAZN a try but I am hesitantl on using my Credit Card for online stuff.

I haven't been charged yet and the service is so bad I wouldn't hesitate to initiate a chargeback if they hadn't given me another month free.  If you can't get it for free, don't bother.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Patriots fans, what's wrong with their defence this year?  It's terrible.  They're dead last in the league in points allowed I believe.

Yeah what a joke you have McCourty, Butler, and Gilmore 3 pro bowl DBs in the secondary.

Then Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise off the edge.

Donta Hightower is out but they have got Elandon Roberts and Kyle Van Noy to help...maybe they need a LB that is versatile to cover and blitz and rush the passer.

Maybe they need a trade to shake things up.

To NE: LB Mychal Kendricks and a conditional 5th round pick

To PHI: CB Malcolm Butler

Malcolm Butler is expected to walk after the season anyways might as well get some value for him like Jamie Collins.

Edited by Chip Kelly

39 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Yeah what a joke you have McCourty, Butler, and Gilmore 3 pro bowl DBs in the secondary.

Then Trey Flowers and Deatrich Wise off the edge.

Donta Hightower is out but they have got Elandon Roberts and Kyle Van Noy to help...maybe they need a LB that is versatile to cover and blitz and rush the passer.

Maybe they need a trade to shake things up.

To NE: LB Mychal Kendricks and a conditional 5th round pick

To PHI: CB Malcolm Butler

Malcolm Butler is expected to walk after the season anyways might as well get some value for him like Jamie Collins.

The pass rush isn't really doing much and Gilmore stinks. I lold when BB signed him. Couldn't believe it. 

The Edelman injury was a killer too. Pats offense looks good but it could have been far and above everyone had he been healthy. 

• Upvote 1