The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, Pears said:

I haven't followed this draft a whole lot, but it does sound like there are better options at quarterback for Cleveland. Although if they really want McCarron, since he is a Jackson guy, I could see them coming back to this deal during free agency or at the draft.

Then why draft Kizer at all? Could've spent that pick on somewhere else, like a wide receiver or o-line?

16 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Then why draft Kizer at all? Could've spent that pick on somewhere else, like a wide receiver or o-line?

I don't get it either. He has the tools, but doesn't have the brain to play QB at the NFL level. You could tell from watching Kizer his last year in college.

40 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

To be fair Kizer’s only 21 and McCarron’s 27, so McCarron could be their guy until Kizer is ready to go. 

• Upvote 2

Wow this trade deadline surpassed my  expectations.

Jay Ajayi? For a 4th and if he stays healthy and plays good for the next 2 years and helps this team go on a run on a year it is worth it.

Lots of smoke around trades that didn't happen leads me to believe this offseason is going to have some big trades too along with signings.

Kirk Cousins and Malcolm Butler will be two of the best free agents by far.

Even if the Eagles don't make it deep in the playoffs, it is gonna be a fun ride the rest of the year.

Edited by Chip Kelly

Browns:picard:  Should've drafted Deshaun Watson. A smart GM could've landed both Garrett and Watson with all the picks the Browns had last year.  Me personally I would've taken Watson over Garrett.  I get Garrett's skill set but look around the league,  you build around a QB not a DE. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Browns:picard:  Should've drafted Deshaun Watson. A smart GM could've landed both Garrett and Watson with all the picks the Browns had last year.  Me personally I would've taken Watson over Garrett.  I get Garrett's skill set but look around the league,  you build around a QB not a DE. 

Easy to say now. Hindsight is 20/20. I personally would rather garett darnold and all their draft picks from last year.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Easy to say now. Hindsight is 20/20. I personally would rather garett darnold and all their draft picks from last year.

I agree. Watson and Darnold have a lot of the same qualities and Myles Garrett is special. However it is becoming more and more likely that Darnold will return for his Junior year.