The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Too bad your QB is ****

I am actually heartbroken. I knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier. At least he is going to a team in the AFC.

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

It's a good thing he broke his arm and got an extended rest for his body, because he's going to be on the field a lot with your offense not built to have long drives.

Keep the LJ slander up guys, I'll be saving the receipts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Closest thing to Ed Reed since well... Ed Reed.

Also Mark Ingram is a perfect fit as the bruising power back with the Ravens.

Now they just need to get some wide receivers for L Jax.

Tyrell Williams? Big body deep threat.

Browns are going to the playoffs though.

What a turnaround by John Dorsey.

Nevermind. Raiders got Tyrell Williams.

Nice looking WR core shaping up for Derek Carr.

Lamar Jackson has a death wish.  Driving on the highway at just over 105 mph/170 kph, while not wearing a seat-belt and holding his cell phone taking a video.

I drove faster than that when I was his age, but I definitely wore my seat-belt and I would like to think that if cell-phones with cameras were a thing in the early 90's that I never would have been dumb enough to do that.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/13/lamar-jackson-speeding-baltimore-ravens-nfl/

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Lamar Jackson has a death wish.  Driving on the highway at just over 105 mph/170 kph, while not wearing a seat-belt and holding his cell phone taking a video.

I drove faster than that when I was his age, but I definitely wore my seat-belt and I would like to think that if cell-phones with cameras were a thing in the early 90's that I never would have been dumb enough to do that.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/13/lamar-jackson-speeding-baltimore-ravens-nfl/

Come get your mans @Van40

He is out chea wildin'!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pears said:

If there’s any truth to this I legit might be done until Brown is gone

Not what I had in mind. Was thinking San Francisco or Arizona with Kyler Murray.

11 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

That other Ohio team is looking pretty good. Bengals fans are free to jump ship. Brown is a terrible owner.

Won't win anything till somebody else takes over.

I wouldn't judge you if you rooted for the Browns.

Also AJ Green wasting away with the Bengals when he could be on a contender.

:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Raiders made this guy the highest paid offensive lineman in league history.

6 foot 8 and listed at 380 pounds.

Looks closer to 4 freaking bills here!

Hope they have a good weight clause in that contract.

D1lGwfJUcAAwZBo?format=jpg&name=large

Raiders realize Scarnecchia isn't coming with him right? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Only a matter time someone photoshops a buffet in front of him lol.  That's the perfect "Oh this looks tasty, and so does this..." look.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Is he a guard or a tackle? 

Aside from the obvious devastating ETIII move, I have been happy with our F/A moves. Bringing Fluker and KJ back on relatively inexpensive deals is awesome. Kendricks (if he plays) is a steal at 4 mil. Meyers is overpaid, but was a All pro. Iupati without sacrificing a comp pick is probably the best value out of any deal yet (if he can stay healthy)

44 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Beasley is an idiot. Says he chose the Bills over Pats because of opportunity not money. No one chooses the Bills for any reason other than money. 

Salty spoiled little Pats fan aren't ya. 

A few in-demand free agents have turned down the Patriots. 

New England isn't as sought after of a team as you think it is.  You only go there if you want a shot at the Super Bowl.  Before Brady and Belichick, Boston and the Patriots were always among the bottom of desired places in the NFL to play. 

9 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You only go there if you want a shot 99.9% chance at the Super Bowl. 

::D

PS Don't really care about he Beasley signing.  I could see a lot of players not wanting to play for the Patriots ftr, not everyone plays for championships, some want to be close to family, some just want to inflate their own legacy (/cough Bell and Brown)

21 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Salty spoiled little Pats fan aren't ya. 

A few in-demand free agents have turned down the Patriots. 

New England isn't as sought after of a team as you think it is.  You only go there if you want a shot at the Super Bowl.  Before Brady and Belichick, Boston and the Patriots were always among the bottom of desired places in the NFL to play. 

And I doubt many people would want to play for New England after what was discovered last month. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pears said:

And I doubt many people would want to play for New England after what was discovered last month. 

Like I said a few pages ago, if you're a young guy still very much into having fun, Buffalo is a bad choice for you.  As a very recent SI article polling player agents has shown. 

If you're into a great playing atmosphere with owners and a FO and coaching staff who cares, Buffalo sells itself well to free agents.

That's why the Bills did well in the last 3 days in the market.  They got some good performers and only had to pay a premium for one of them (Mitch Morse).  Not to mention, Ziggy Ansah has narrowed down all of the teams that are pursuing him to, New Orleans and the Bills.  He visited here today and will be in New Orleans tonight and tomorrow. 

Since he's from Africa and he would freeze his butt off here in the last few games of the season, I'm giving the edge to the Saints for sure. :lol:

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

::D

PS Don't really care about he Beasley signing.  I could see a lot of players not wanting to play for the Patriots ftr, not everyone plays for championships, some want to be close to family, some just want to inflate their own legacy (/cough Bell and Brown)

Even though I think it's overblown, Antonio Brown for sure didn't want to play here.  Two biggest reasons being the little night life options in comparison to bigger cities and the weather.  Add that to the Bills not proving that they can win like they did back in the late 80's through the 90's, and this was not a place for a prima donna player like Brown.  He's going to love Vegas though.  He'll be treated like a king wherever he goes and there's world class nightclubs up and down the Vegas strip.