The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Wow, that's all I have to say. I used to hate Manning during my high school days because I was an immature jock who played football and liked to mouth off during games, so my mindset was automatically "any rival of the Pats I must bash". But now being more mature, I've come to like manning the last three years. Got a great amount of respect for him and actually wouldn't shudder at the image of seeing him lift the Lombardi trophy if Brady can't.

In saying that, got D. Thomas in our CDC pool who got me 28.10 points!

And I have P. Manning in my pool I do with my friends for money and he got me 46.28 points tonight.

Manning did well tonight. Our D looks bad though. That is going to get overshadowed by the win but in my eyes its a big cause for concern. Though if Champis back next week then we should be better. Giants game should be a real good test. If we can win that then there are 2 very winnable games against Oakland and Philly. Team could be 4-0 at that point. However, not going to look that far ahead as Giants will be tough

Edited by canuckbeliever

Ok I got a fantasy question for you guys, I am in two leagues, 1 standard 10 man league - easy my team is stacked as is everyones. However the second league I am in is an Auction-style keeper league, 14 teams, 2 QB, 20 players per team(so extremely deep league). Though I drafted what I think is a pretty decent team, I am really thin at running back. My running backs are CJ Spiller, Montee Ball, Danny Woodhead, Kendal Hunter.

I know its only been 1 game game but clearly Ball is not a starter or even close to it. My thinking tho is he will earn the starting spot eventually, I got him on a cheap contract and with no limits on how many we can keep(just have to meet salary cap)I am leaning to holding onto him, rather than trying to trade him.

The problem is two back ups well are just that back ups, mind you they are both behind some pretty soft rbs. Because of the depth of the league the waiver wire is pretty skimpy, you have Powell who is a starter on there, tho I doubt a very goood one, and Tolbert is the other interseting name.

I won't be making any rash decisions mind you I will probably wait to see how things play out a bit. but what do you guys think should I be trying to use my depth at other positions to trade for a rb, or do you think it might just be a rough start of the year for the rookie

Also will make 1 last point. We are going to here this for weeks and weeks to come but really hoping Pats enjoyed the $1 million standoff with Welker. Really has a potential to bite them in the rear end

Cant say that without even seeing Amendola in a regular season game with Brady yet. Easy to say after last night "Hahaha Pats you missed out should've given Welker the extra million." What if Amendola puts up 100 yards and a TD or 2?

Also will make 1 last point. We are going to here this for weeks and weeks to come but really hoping Pats enjoyed the $1 million standoff with Welker. Really has a potential to bite them in the rear end

Who cares, its the NFL. You are only judge by what you do in the Superbowl. And Welker hasn't done a dam thing except make a horrible drop. Glad that clown is gone, him and Manning can light it up all they want in the reg. season but we all know what'll happen when the playoffs begin.

Who cares, its the NFL. You are only judge by what you do in the Superbowl. And Welker hasn't done a dam thing except make a horrible drop. Glad that clown is gone, him and Manning can light it up all they want in the reg. season but we all know what'll happen when the playoffs begin.

Your post reminded me of Peyton Manning's SNL NCAA bracket skit with Amy Poehler

Ya they will win the Super Bowl

Its hilarious how much Pats fans are willing to bash Welker even though there start QB was best friends witht he guy and genuinely pissed when he was not resigned. Go figure

Its hilarious how much Pats fans are willing to bash Welker even though there start QB was best friends witht he guy and genuinely pissed when he was not resigned. Go figure

No they wont. Manning wont even last the season. And Welker deserves to get bashed just like the choke artist he is. And Brady took a paycut so they could resign him, I would be pissed too.

Your post reminded me of Peyton Manning's SNL NCAA bracket skit with Amy Poehler

It's true though. That's why Marino can barely crack a top 10 list of alltime QB's and he rewrote all the regular season passing records not too long ago. Not familar with the skit though, but he was hilarous that night. The one with the kids was priceless.

Please, introduce me to these Pats fans. I , along with many other Pats fans, was crushed the day I read the tweet saying Welker has signed in Denver. Love the guy, have his jersey, and he (along with Brady's looks) is how I got my girlfriend into the Patriots (and football in general). I made her watch how fun he is to watch because he catches so many balls and is so much smaller than the defenders so he's harder to tackle.

Bitter about his dropped super bowl winning catch? Of course, not sure what Patriot fan isn't. But I'm not gonna sit here and be like yeah Welker sucks, didn't want him anyways, glad Denver has him he was useless..etc..etc. But do I think the Patriots are screwed without him? No. I think Amendola can do what he did (maybe not 110 catches but 80-90) but also be the deep threat that Welker never was.

Freaking 7 tds what a fantasy night. Riley Cooper is pissing me off. Don't know why you keep a receiver that people on the same team hate.

Not to mention everyone will be targeting just a distraction. Is the depth really that bad you can't find another guy.

Coach Kelly is only keeping Cooper around because he is a good blocker for a receiver and a red zone threat because of his height.

The d looks like it is pretty terrible. Oh well will be interesting to see can offence make up for the defense.

Edited by Chip Kelly