The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

The CFL apologists are out in full force talking about how great there offence works in the NFL. Give it 2-3 weeks then the Kelly offence wont be nearly as effective

? Washington knew what Chip Kelly was all about and yet they couldn't stop it. So I don't know what you're trying to get at.

? Washington knew what Chip Kelly was all about and yet they couldn't stop it. So I don't know what you're trying to get at.

It had more to do with Griffin and rest of the Washington O crapping the bed. A strong blitz can stop this offence as the redskins did at some points. However in the end when you keep feeding the otherside turnovers and can't get first downs any offence will look good

It had more to do with Griffin and rest of the Washington O crapping the bed. A strong blitz can stop this offence as the redskins did at some points. However in the end when you keep feeding the otherside turnovers and can't get first downs any offence will look good

Defense had nothing to do with Griffins performance? That is most of the reason he played like crap and his O line. You could see 5 guys on the D line for Philly then they played zone and Griffin was getting pressured while not having alot of receivers open.

Congratulations to Coach Kelly on his first of many wins in the NFL. This is just phase 1 in building the Eagles into an eventual perennial powerhouse like the 49ers and Seahawks in a couple of years.

Once the defence catches up to the offence. After a major overhaul at the end of the season. It's clear there are enough playmakers on offence if everyone is healthy maybe replace Maclin if he can't come back. Then load up in free agency and the draft on defence.

This really is a rebuilding year and building the foundation attitude and personality of this team to an aggressive and attacking offence and defence.

The safeties are still terrible. Chung is probably better of as in the box safety than a free safety though and looked better than Coleman or Allen who they had last year. Hope they give Earl Wolff a chance to start at strong safety. He is a more physical and sure tackler.

Short term goal is to just get in the playoffs though. The d was surprisingly not half bad. The offence was expected to carry this team but they gotta play a full 60 minutes and learn not to take their foot off the other teams' throat to be a truly great team.

But with this offence and the parity in the NFC East they will have a shot at the playoffs as long as the defense can be just average.

Edited by Chip Kelly
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations for Coach Kelly on his first off many wins in the league. This is just phase 1 in building the Eagles into an eventual perennial powerhouse like the 49ers and Seahawks by year 3.

Short term goal is to just get in the playoffs though. The d was surprisingly not half bad. The offence was expected to carry this team but they gotta play a full 60 minutes and learn not to take their foot off the other teams' throat to be a truly great team.

I agree. This new offensive scheme could turn the Eagles around.

Congratulations to Coach Kelly on his first of many wins in the NFL. This is just phase 1 in building the Eagles into an eventual perennial powerhouse like the 49ers and Seahawks in a couple of years.

Once the defence catches up to the offence. After a major overhaul at the end of the season. It's clear there are enough playmakers on offence if everyone is healthy maybe replace Maclin if he can't come back. Then load up in free agency and the draft on defence.

This really is a rebuilding year and building the foundation attitude and personality of this team to an aggressive and attacking offence and defence.

The safeties are still terrible. Chung is probably better of as in the box safety than a free safety though and looked better than Coleman or Allen who they had last year. Hope they give Earl Wolff a chance to start at strong safety. He is a more physical and sure tackler.

But with this offence and the parity in the NFC East they will have a shot at the playoffs as long as the defense can be just average.

If Pat Chung looked better than any of your other safeties, you guys need help ASAP. He is not a good cover safety. You hit the nail on the head when you said he should be an in the box safety as he is a good tackler when stopping the run. But he cannot cover the deep third zone to save his life.

Every offense can be stopped with various forms of defensive styles though it is easier said than done. For example even the highest scoring offense ever by the Patriots when they went 18-1 had the same weakness. Strong blitz could cause them issues and the 2nd time the Giants played them they managed to do it successfully but otherwise none of the other 18 games was a team able to execute it.

Keep in mind blitzing itself is dangerous especially against a team like Philadelphia, every time Philly's much improved offensive line picks it up you run the risk of a big play Eagle getting the ball in open space not to mention the fast paced offense won't give those blitzers time to catch there breath.

Plus this was Philadelphia's first real game with this system. As time goes not only will the players themselves execute more smoothly but they will get a better feel as to which plays are more effective and in what ways they are best used.

With that being said I am not yelling Superbowl yet for the Eagles, the Redskins could have won that game if they avoided some mistakes (then again Philly could have ran away with it easily if they avoided some mistakes also). But Philadelphia has the potential to be a very dangerous team as the season goes on and they develop this system. Washington didn't give them that game Philly returned the skins blunders with an equal amount of their own.

• Upvote 1

No Amendola, Vereen, Gronk ... now a bit worried about Thursday.

I mean, never know with groins, I've had bad pulled groins in hockey and football and one day it was terrible to walk and next morning I could run fine with a little bit of pain, so there is a miniscule chance he could player. But otherwise, gotta rely on the rooks Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson. Along with Edelman.

I mean, with Brady at the helm, I have faith and believe he could get them all 60-80 yards rec if they CATCH the perfectly thrown pass *cough* Thompkins *cough* . There's also Leon Washington catching out of the backfield.

Who knows, for the first time in years I'm actually not going to turn on the TV for a game vs the Jets and go "meh, we got it"

If Pat Chung looked better than any of your other safeties, you guys need help ASAP. He is not a good cover safety. You hit the nail on the head when you said he should be an in the box safety as he is a good tackler when stopping the run. But he cannot cover the deep third zone to save his life.

The fact Chung can't cover deep was blatantly obvious when he totally mistimed his jump and let a defender get behind him as the last line of defense in the red zone.

I would love if the Eagles could somehow trade a 3rd round pick for Jairus Byrd. He is beefing with Buffalo about not getting a long term deal. He is on the franchise tag right now.

Though that is probably a long shot considering they would have traded him now if a 3rd round pick was enough. They probably want at least a second rounder. Or they could just draft a guy like this who is not afraid to lay the wood.

If the Honey Badger can play FS in the NFL Lamarcus Joyner can too.

Two Oregon safeties with Byrd and Chung would be pretty solid.

An Eagles defence that is actually scary? Haven't had that since Dawkins left. Hopefully in the near future that will change.

Edited by Chip Kelly

If Aaron Dobson plays tonight, I have a feeling he'll have a big game. Guy has a great set of hands. Was inactive Sunday because he's not 100% comfortable with the routes and the playbook yet. However, seeing as how we're desperate for bodies to take the attention off of Edelman, I can see Brady targeting him a lot. I just hope rookie nerves don't get into his head like they did into Thompkins' head week 1.

If Aaron Dobson plays tonight, I have a feeling he'll have a big game. Guy has a great set of hands. Was inactive Sunday because he's not 100% comfortable with the routes and the playbook yet. However, seeing as how we're desperate for bodies to take the attention off of Edelman, I can see Brady targeting him a lot. I just hope rookie nerves don't get into his head like they did into Thompkins' head week 1.

Speaking of his great hands, he was targeted 92 times in his draft year, didn't drop a single one of those 92 passes.

He's good in Madden 25! But yea I have high hopes for this guy too.