The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I must be the only person in the world that hates fantasy drafts and pools.

Whether free or money pools, they make watching games more fun. If I was watching (if the pats hadn't been playing at the same time) the Bengals Bears game yesterday, I'm watching just to watch football. Don't care who makes the big plays or whatnot.

However, if I'm in a fantasy league and have Matt Forte and AJ Green, then all of a sudden I'm paying a lot more attention hoping Chicago runs the ball a lot and Dalton targets Green a lot and every time one of them makes a big play I have something to cheer about because it's points for me.

I had the luxury of watching all the games today (free Sunday Ticket preview) so here are some of my thoughts on week 1

1) Really thought Titans would be a sleeper this year and surprise surprise they beat the Steelers. They need to get a semi decent starting QB though. Locker wont cut it

2) Is there a more overrated player in the league right now than Russell Wilson. Seriously? His throws were all over the place today but those of us who watched the Hawks closely last year already knew that

3) I know it is week 1 but the Dallas Cowboys seem more mature than ever. Any other year the teams wheels fall off when Giants are climbing back but today they didnt

4) Watch out for the Arizona Cardinals if there offensive line can hold up. The O line was terrible today but Carson Palmer looked real good despite that fact and they have a good group of receivers and amazing D. Additionally, expect Carson Palmer to have a good year. Yeah he looked terrible with the Raiders but it was the Raiders. The Cardinals actually have WR's.

5) I know it is week 1 but Pats look bad. For those of you that have dealt with my thoughts past few years on this forum, you know I am not a fan of the Patriots and am clearly biased against them but seriously the team barely beat the Buffalo Bills who are one of those teams that should win less than 4 games. The Jets may actually provide them a "test". Also shout out to them for ruining my sports action tickets today (thats $200 I will never see again)

6)New Orleans is back. Big win against the Falcons week 1. The defence looked a lot better than last year and it is amazing how much of a difference Sean Payton can have,

What are you talking about? He isnt the most accurate, but his arm strength and obviously elusiveness more than make up for it.

They guy is 1-0, completed 25-33 passes (75%, which BTW is way HIGHER than league averages) had a TD. Carolina has a very good defense. If you were expecting the Hawks to win via blowout in the first game of the season, on the road... You were mistaken.

And you will have to wait for the Pats to play more games; the "Pats look bad" angle doesnt take into account that Buffalo always plays them tough, even when they had their 16-0 season, for whatever reason the Bills and Pats seem to have back and forth games against each other, usually with the Pats winning.

Whether free or money pools, they make watching games more fun. If I was watching (if the pats hadn't been playing at the same time) the Bengals Bears game yesterday, I'm watching just to watch football. Don't care who makes the big plays or whatnot.

However, if I'm in a fantasy league and have Matt Forte and AJ Green, then all of a sudden I'm paying a lot more attention hoping Chicago runs the ball a lot and Dalton targets Green a lot and every time one of them makes a big play I have something to cheer about because it's points for me.

Also you would have interest in watching who your opponent has. In one of my pools I am down 1 and he has Morris, so I was happy to see him fumble the ball. I still have the Houston kicker left, so I have a fighting chance.

The CFL apologists are out in full force talking about how great there offence works in the NFL. Give it 2-3 weeks then the Kelly offence wont be nearly as effective

The CFL is jokes lol. You could probably win 2 games all year and still make the playoffs. I hate no league more. There's like what, 5 teams?

Wow, jumping to conclusions after week 1?

RGIII was clearly off his game and the point differentially early on had more to do with the Redskins being ineffective than the pace of the offence.

To be clear, I actually dont mind (actually like) the CFL. However, I hate CFL fans who compare it to the NFL all the time. Bruce Dowbiggin was ranting away within 5 mins of game starting