The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Which is funny since Toronto barely showed up to the games when the Bills played there and when they did, half of them were wearing other team's jerseys.  I think it's more for the border towns than it is for Toronto itself.

Weren't the tickets insanely expensive too?

11 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Gotta say, I hated the play calling from Kitchens in that final series....

....Baker didn't have time to get the ball away with a full drop all night and Chubb is a solid runner, so what do they call? Four straight passes with an empty backfield.:rolleyes:

And earlier on, a draw play on a 4th and 9? :picard:

Yeah, I watched the whole game and Cleveland play calling was bad.

They should have won that game.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Well they had Eagles/Lions, Packers/Broncos games on instead and which of those teams made the playoffs last year?  I mean Steelers are always on tv here same with the Cowboys.  Wish TSN would nut up for some more broadcast rights instead of showing the same game on 4 different channels.  I need CTV Atlantic, they show a lot of Pats game, CTV Toronto shows all the Bills games.  

Cowboys vs the Dolphins wasn't on TV.

Who wants to watch 1 team get killed?

Before the Patriots got Josh Gordon Brady was still captain checkdown.

He still prefers throwing short quick passes to his WRs, RBs, and TEs and letting them fight for YAC rather than throwing the ball past the sticks.

Patriots offence is really boring since they don't care about style or flair.

They only care about efficiency and productivity points wise.

Whatever works they keep doing over and over until you prove you can stop it.

That's why it is hard to game plan for them because they adjust their offence and defence week to week and game to game based on what is working and what is not.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:54 PM, Alflives said:

Kraft paid for a “rub n tug”?

:lol:

I think the deeper implication was the underaged trafficking sex worker prostitution ring he could have been apart of or indirectly financing.

On 9/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

I don't understand your obsession with the moral compasses of professional sports teams in a league that employs tons of thugs, gangbangers and generally 'not so nice' people. 

Idgaf if Kraft pays for rub and tugs from filipino immigrants or if his buddy bon jovi hooks him up with groupies. Do they win games? Yes or no. That's what I look for in sports.

I'll follow Bill Gates or Warren Buffet if I want to cheer for charitable and philanthropic work with high moral compasses.

By the way, the Eagles owner is connected to this massage parlour story as the founder of the parlour uses his house at his discretion for some of her "business" meetings, also the Eagles have employed 2 animal abusers. I highly doubt you care about their moral compass. :rolleyes:

Mike Vick and who else abused animals? That was different though because Vick went to jail and lost millions and did his time. He was a reclamation project Andy Reid took on after Tony Dungy vouched for his change of character.

If you know anything about Andy Reid, he has had troubled sons in his family who had many issues which is why Big Red has such a big heart for trying to get guys to change. He tries giving second chances to people who have been written off as thugs or unsavoury characters.

And yeah I do care about what kind of players a team employs on the whole.

There is a reason the Eagles didn't try to get Antonio Brown or draft Joe Mixon or Derrius Guice because they had issues.

Do they miss out on talent sure they do 

But the Eagles won a SB because their team chemistry superceded their talent. 

Over the long run karma has to play a factor.

Edited by Chip Kelly

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Weren't the tickets insanely expensive too?

In the beginning they were but after the Rogers family had to keep giving tickets away, they lowered the price. Even then, up until the day Ralph Wilson died, the Toronto games were a disaster.  After Pegula bought the Bills, one of the first things that he did was tell the NFL that the Canada experiment was over for good and cancel the yearly contract with Toronto.  That's why you don't hear anymore about Canada getting an NFL team.  The major Canadian markets won't support it any better than they do the CFL.

3 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Not really sure about that. Joe Montana never lost a Super Bowl all wins and no INTS also.

Perfect like Michael Jordan who is known as the G.O.A.T in basketball.

Up until Brady's 5th Super Bowl, I agreed with that.  I clearly remember watching Montana and the 49ers.  Montana had awesome receivers and good o-lines.  Over the years I've watched Brady win both lesser o-lines and fewer excellent receivers.

His 6th ring only further reinforced my opinion that he is the best QB of all time.  The only argument that can hold water is if someone can credibly argue that he's a system QB. 

The only way to ever know for sure if it's Brady or the system is if whoever follows him, does just as well.  The problem is though that at 42 years old he is still going strong and he may end up outlasting the system (ie: Belichick).

17 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Up until Brady's 5th Super Bowl, I agreed with that.  I clearly remember watching Montana and the 49ers.  Montana had awesome receivers and good o-lines.  Over the years I've watched Brady win both lesser o-lines and fewer excellent receivers.

His 6th ring only further reinforced my opinion that he is the best QB of all time.  The only argument that can hold water is if someone can credibly argue that he's a system QB. 

The only way to ever know for sure if it's Brady or the system is if whoever follows him, does just as well.  The problem is though that at 42 years old he is still going strong and he may end up outlasting the system (ie: Belichick).

Brady is great.  He reads the game super fast.  

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Well when Brady got injured that one year, we saw the Patriots capable of winning just fine with Matt Cassel over the course of the year and then later on albeit in a smaller sample with Jim Garagepolo and Jacob Brisket.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Romo was really good too.  I think Brady reads the game a bit faster than others.  Breese reads fast too.  

It helps being in the same system the last 10 years plus.

McDaniels has been with Brady for the better part of the last decade save for his failed pit stop in Denver.

Alex Smith failed partly because of how many OCs and different systems he had early in his career that he had to keep learning.

It's much easier when you can have an entire offensive system and players tailored around you that you just build on year after year.

Then you just add some wrinkles.

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Well when Brady got injured that one year, we saw the Patriots capable of winning just fine with Matt Cassel over the course of the year and then later on albeit in a smaller sample with Jim Garagepolo and Jacob Brisket.

Jacoby Brissett did poorly in 2016 with the team in relief of Brady.  I remember because his first game was against the Bills and the Patriots looked like a below average team with him.  With Jimmy, they merely looked average for 2 of the games he played and he looked good against Houston.  Cassel played above average in '08 and the Patriots' results followed suit.  They played above average with him in (10-5), but weren't dominating and barely won the division on a tie-breaker.

Brady has the ability to make an average offense look like a championship offense.  The years that he's actually had a good offense, the team dominated. 

Edited by SabreFan1