The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Like maybe the coach going for 2 when down 13?

Honestly didn't really matter at that point. I was more alluding to a couple uncharacteristic overthrows at critical moments. A a couple near game changing interceptions. The officiating screw up at the end of the first half on DK's catch. Carsons unlucky fumble. Just one of those games I guess

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Hard not to root for the browns. 

One of the most loyal fan bases in the league, despite two decades of misery.

Gotta say, I hated the play calling from Kitchens in that final series....

....Baker didn't have time to get the ball away with a full drop all night and Chubb is a solid runner, so what do they call? Four straight passes with an empty backfield.:rolleyes:

And earlier on, a draw play on a 4th and 9? :picard:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

....Baker didn't have time to get the ball away with a full drop all night and Chubb is a solid runner, so what do they call? Four straight passes with an empty backfield.:rolleyes:

I wonder if we all have a soft heart for the perennial loser teams, like the Browns?  I remember the Byram (was that the RB's name?) fumble on the five, when they were going to score to win a big playoff game.  

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Browns have had more games on tv locally than the Pats, wtf lol?

Pats are kind of boring.  Yes, they score a lot of points, but the game result is a foregone conclusion.  Unless a person is a die hard Pat's fan, why watch?  

(I love watching Brady work the game though.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

@RUPERTKBD

Is there a way to watch the NFL games on tv from an end zone camera?  I wish the NFL had that production on a special channel.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pats are kind of boring.  Yes, they score a lot of points, but the game result is a foregone conclusion.  Unless a person is a die hard Pat's fan, why watch?  

(I love watching Brady work the game though.)

Well they had Eagles/Lions, Packers/Broncos games on instead and which of those teams made the playoffs last year?  I mean Steelers are always on tv here same with the Cowboys.  Wish TSN would nut up for some more broadcast rights instead of showing the same game on 4 different channels.  I need CTV Atlantic, they show a lot of Pats game, CTV Toronto shows all the Bills games.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Well they had Eagles/Lions, Packers/Broncos games on instead and which of those teams made the playoffs last year?  I mean Steelers are always on tv here same with the Cowboys.  Wish TSN would nut up for some more broadcast rights instead of showing the same game on 4 different channels.  I need CTV Atlantic, they show a lot of Pats game, CTV Toronto shows all the Bills games.  

Get the eastern package on Telus. It's like $6 a month. Or free if you talk well on the phone. You get CBS and NBC Boston, never miss a Pats game.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if we all have a soft heart for the perennial loser teams, like the Browns?  I remember the Byram (was that the RB's name?) fumble on the five, when they were going to score to win a big playoff game.  

I've never really much cared about the Browns unless they were playing my Bills, or another AFC East team. That all changed when they drafted baker.

I'm a huge Oklahoma Sooners fan, so I cheer for their Alumni QBs. Mayfield starting last season, Kyler Murray and the Cardinals this season and Sam Bradford  and the Rams back in the day....

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

@RUPERTKBD

Is there a way to watch the NFL games on tv from an end zone camera?  I wish the NFL had that production on a special channel.  

Lots of people more knowledgeable than me about that stuff, Alf. I just watch whatever the big networks decide to show. Sometimes I get lucky and it's a team I care about.

Yesterday, I had to suffer through the closing stages of the Bills - Bengals, waiting for updates on the NFL Network.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

*cough* nflstreams on reddit *cough*

Yeah, there's a stream I like to use that I got from there, and all you do is switch the home team name for the game you want, so it's easy to get to each week.

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

CTV Toronto shows all the Bills games.  

Which is funny since Toronto barely showed up to the games when the Bills played there and when they did, half of them were wearing other team's jerseys.  I think it's more for the border towns than it is for Toronto itself.

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

DAZN is where its at. I watch a lot of european football, it has been amazing this year with the NFL, Prem, Serie A, UCL and Europa League. Totally worth the price imo.

@RUPERTKBD

After the debacle they had when they got exclusive rights instead of Sunday Ticket, I'll pass.  I'll be sticking to free streams when they're not available on cable here.

• Upvote 1