The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

6 different tickets on Sports Action. How do they look. Hope 1 hits (If 1 hits Im half way there in terms of trying to be even. If 2 hit then I win a minimum $50- $60 for the week)

Its also 3 outcome meaning all the teams gotta win by more than 3

The joker ticket

DET over WSH

GB over Cinccy

NYG over Car

Hou over Bal

ATL over Mia

Chi over Pitt

Ticket #2

Min over Cleveland

Houston over Baltimore

Atl over Miami

Ticket #3 (My "safe ticket")

Houston over Baltimore

New Orleans over Arizona

Ticket #4

Green Bay over Cinccy

Giants over Carolina

Ticket #5

KC over Philly

Giants over Carolina

Jocker Ticket #2

KC over philly

Tampa over New England

Houston over Baltimore

How do they look folks?

Edited by canuckbeliever

6 different tickets on Sports Action. How do they look. Hope 1 hits (If 1 hits Im half way there in terms of trying to be even. If 2 hit then I win a minimum $50- $60 for the week)

The joker ticket

DET over WSH

GB over Cinccy

NYG over Car

Hou over Bal

ATL over Mia

Chi over Pitt

Ticket #2

Min over Cleveland

Houston over Baltimore

Atl over Miami

Houston over Baltimore

Arizona over New Orleans

Ticket #4

Green Bay over Cinccy

Giants over Carolina

Ticket #5

KC over Philly

Giants over Carolina

Jocker Ticket #2

KC over philly

Tampa over New England

Houston over Baltimore

How do they look folks?

It's so dam hard to pick winners in the first 5 or so weeks. I think Miami might beat Atlanta though.

It's so dam hard to pick winners in the first 5 or so weeks. I think Miami might beat Atlanta though.

Mike Wallace was questionable, one of there starting corners maybe out and Chris Clemons there safety is also questionable. Also Miami has been giving up a bunch of yards to tight ends first two weeks. I like Miami this year but not to the Atlanta level. Ryan is going to have a field day with the injured D. I would expect 1 of Julio and Roddy to be playing maybe both.

The joker ticket

DET over WSH

GB over Cinccy

NYG over Car

Hou over Bal

ATL over Mia

Chi over Pitt

Ticket #2

Min over Cleveland

Houston over Baltimore

Atl over Miami

Houston over Baltimore

Arizona over New Orleans

Ticket #4

Green Bay over Cinccy

Giants over Carolina

Ticket #5

KC over Philly

Giants over Carolina

Jocker Ticket #2

KC over philly

Tampa over New England

Houston over Baltimore

How do they look folks?

I'm not sure how ticket 3 is your safe one. Arizona over New Orleans is the pick I am really questioning.

I'm not sure how ticket 3 is your safe one. Arizona over New Orleans is the pick I am really questioning.

Ya, I was thinking the same thing. Also I understand Baltimore hasn't been great this year, but I don't understand how its a "safe" bet going against the defending super bowl champs when they are at home.

Ya, I was thinking the same thing. Also I understand Baltimore hasn't been great this year, but I don't understand how its a "safe" bet going against the defending super bowl champs when they are at home.

Lets see.

Ray Rice is doubtful. Jacoby Jones is still out and last checked so is Denis Pitta. So Flacco really has 1 threat left to play with on offence and thats Torrey Smith. Id take Houston over baltimore any day of the week. This is the same team that BARELY beat the Browns at home last week

Edited by canuckbeliever

Lets see.

Ray Rice is doubtful. Jacoby Jones is still out and last checked so is Denis Pitta. So Flacco really has 1 threat left to play with on offence and thats Torrey Smith. Id take Houston over baltimore any day of the week. This is the same team that BARELY beat the Browns at home last week

I do agree with you. I think the Texans will win. I'm just disagreeing with the assumption this is a "safe" bet. I don't gamble so i dont really know the rules or anything, but if you wanted something safe i would have gone with seattle hosting the jaguars.

I do agree with you. I think the Texans will win. I'm just disagreeing with the assumption this is a "safe" bet. I don't gamble so i dont really know the rules or anything, but if you wanted something safe i would have gone with seattle hosting the jaguars.

If you could win money betting on matches like that and picking the clear, obvious favorite, everyone would be rich. But that's not how betting works.

Betting $1 on Seahawks to beat Jaguars would win you maybe 40 cents plus your $1 back. So if you risked $1000 of your own money, you would win a measley $40.

On the flip side, picking the Jaguars to win and betting $1 would win you $4 plus your $1 back.

Most websites like BoDog (where I bet) aren't even giving people the option to bet on the Seahawks to win because it's probably one of the few 100% guaranteed wins in the NFL this season; instead, for that game, you can bet on the over under of total points scored, and/or on the point spread.

If you could win money betting on matches like that and picking the clear, obvious favorite, everyone would be rich. But that's not how betting works.

Betting $1 on Seahawks to beat Jaguars would win you maybe 40 cents plus your $1 back. So if you risked $1000 of your own money, you would win a measley $40.

On the flip side, picking the Jaguars to win and betting $1 would win you $4 plus your $1 back.

Most websites like BoDog (where I bet) aren't even giving people the option to bet on the Seahawks to win because it's probably one of the few 100% guaranteed wins in the NFL this season; instead, for that game, you can bet on the over under of total points scored, and/or on the point spread.

The spread on the game is wack. -19 for Hawks. I see the Jags covering it and losing by 2 touchdowns.

The spread on the game is wack. -19 for Hawks. I see the Jags covering it and losing by 2 touchdowns.

Yeah, what a slap in the face to the Jags. It's not like they're complete sh*t. They have MJD, Cecil Shorts and somewhat of an arm in either Gabbert or Henne. There is no chance in hell they'll win, but 19 points is crazy lol.

I like my ticket of:

Vikes over Browns

Pats over Bucs

Saints over Cardinals

Packers to win by 4 or more.

Honestly, the only iffy one is the Patriots game. If Revis gets assigned to Edelman (though he never covers the slot, and hasn't been given a "stick to 1 guy" assignment thus far with TB), going to be a long game.

Yeah, what a slap in the face to the Jags. It's not like they're complete sh*t. They have MJD, Cecil Shorts and somewhat of an arm in either Gabbert or Henne. There is no chance in hell they'll win, but 19 points is crazy lol.

I like my ticket of:

Vikes over Browns

Pats over Bucs

Saints over Cardinals

Honestly, the only iffy one is the Patriots game. If Revis gets assigned to Edelman (though he never covers the slot, and hasn't been given a "stick to 1 guy" assignment thus far with TB), going to be a long game.

I think Pats lose but I have made that clear to you haha

I like my ticket of:

Vikes over Browns

Pats over Bucs

Saints over Cardinals

Mine looks identical except Bucs to win! ;)

They seem to be the worst team in the league right now. Facing one of the best teams. Def the best Defense. Gonna be a blowout. 19 points is insulting and the hawks are gonna add injury to insult. I pick Seattle to cover.

Every preview of the Bucs Pats game I've read, seems as if the experts have forgotten that the Patriots have a running game too (as well as with the Bucs).

Nearly every one is about how if the receivers can't get on the same page with Brady they have no chance. On the flip side, if Josh Freeman can't make the correct reads on his check down process, the Bucs have no chance. Last I checked, Ridley and Martin two great running backs who have game changing ability.. Martin moreso than Ridley thus far, but Ridley does have the ability to put up a 100 + couple TD's, and Martin has the ability to put up 200 + 2 Tds

Edited by NucksPatsFan