The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Never bought into the hype surrounding Kelly.

Absolutely hated all the coverage he got after week 1 for running 80 plays or whatever, even though 3 other teams ran more plays than the Eagles.

Glad it should start dying down now.

Ya i gotta admit i was drinking the kool aid after the first week. But i've seen both the Chargers and Chiefs games and it seems like already defenses have found a way to keep the offense in check.

Gatorade showers during week 3 #weak

In all seriousness though, I really want to hear the CFL apologists this week. You know the teams really a facade when me and NPF agree on something (it very rarely happens).

I am sure Eagles and CFL apologists will come up with something yet again though

Edited by canuckbeliever

Don't worry I am sure I will be sh***ing on you in about 2 days time. Had KC winning today. Bold prediction #2 is that Bucs pop there cherry Sunday.

If Gronk doesn't play and Revis is assigned to Edelman, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Patriots lose. Bucs front 7 is superb at run stopping so I don't expect Ridley to have a break through game Sunday, and if Brady's safety blanket is taken away by Revis, the game will be in the hands of the rookies.

However, it's nice that Dobson has asked Brady to stay after practice every day this week and has worked on his routes and timing of option routes with Brady. Great to see him put in that effort. Not sure if Thompkins' joined them or not.

It's also nice that Freeman probably won't have that great of a day again.

If Gronk doesn't play and Revis is assigned to Edelman, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Patriots lose. Bucs front 7 is superb at run stopping so I don't expect Ridley to have a break through game Sunday, and if Brady's safety blanket is taken away by Revis, the game will be in the hands of the rookies.

However, it's nice that Dobson has asked Brady to stay after practice every day this week and has worked on his routes and timing of option routes with Brady. Great to see him put in that effort. Not sure if Thompkins' joined them or not.

It's also nice that Freeman probably won't have that great of a day again.

Most likely he isnt playing or at least thats what the reports today said. I will say this great of Dobson to take initiative and get help. I am sure Brady likes that this guy is going out of his way to make sure he is more ready.

The thing about Freeman is streaky as fu**. He has had 2 bad games and I wouldnt be surprised if he had a good one against a very mediocre Pats D.

Wow the one game the d plays half decent but the offence can't stop from turning the ball over. Nobody is a threat at receiver outside of Desean.

They need to develop a third option in the offence and use more two tight end looks with Celek,Ertz, and James Casey. They have good depth at TE.

I think now that Chip Kelly knows how defenses are playing them he will adjust. He saw how they took away Desean the whole game and locked him down to force Vick to go to Avant and Cooper.

If they wanna do that they gotta open up the middle of the field. Eat teams up there if they wanna roll their coverage to Desean on every play.

Edited by Chip Kelly

The reason Eagles lost is mostly due on Vick throwing 3 picks was it? Atleast now we know that the defense can stop a drive.

I think I can throw a more accurate ball than Vick. He needs to use his feet more, all of a sudden ever since he came to the eagles he used his feet less.

The reason Eagles lost is mostly due on Vick throwing 3 picks was it? Atleast now we know that the defense can stop a drive.

I think I can throw a more accurate ball than Vick. He needs to use his feet more, all of a sudden ever since he came to the eagles he used his feet less.

He has always had trouble making smart decisions on when to run and protect himself. He is very reckless at times with how he holds the ball though he has toned that down.

He still can't handle the blitz and pressure in his face. But the o-line has to do a better job blocking. They got lazy with the up-tempo offence and not having to sustain their blocks and find the correct man to block because the ball is getting out so much faster now.

Have to work on the fundamentals and again they signed James Casey from the Texans to use as a hybrid TE/FB to create mismatches they need to get him involved in the offence more along with Ertz and Celek.

They could even split out Ertz wide at receiver to get creative he has more speed than Celek and Casey to stretch the field down the seam in the middle and can be used as a change up to Riley Cooper who can't get any separation and is only useful because of his height in the red zone and blocking.

What I don't get is about the d. The Eagles need a legit free safety and Jairus Byrd is unhappy in Buffalo he is a former Oregon guy and could pair with Chung at his more natural strong safety spot and is much better than any safety the Eagles have had since Brian Dawkins left.

He would solidify the secondary. Make a ballsy move like the Colts and trade a 2nd round pick to get Byrd and then sign him after the season.

That would show the Eagles mean business.

Edited by Chip Kelly