The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

When you get 10 seconds in the pocket with no pressure whatsoever anybody can throw a ball that is just how it works. When you get 2 seconds with peace in the pocket you're not going to win. Whatever, I really don't care to hear your bias opinion.

Funny because he rarely holds onto the ball for more than 3-4 seconds unless it's a pump fake double move route.

I don't see an all pro in that group, but Brady did this before with Caldwell and a group of no names. This is what an accurate QB brings to the table

Someone jokingly commented that Brady was grooming his next set of all pro receivers, and the quoted above statement came from a Seahawks fan.

Maybe I should send him the link to this thread so he can get in on the laughs provided by Plum and Cynical.

Funny because he rarely holds onto the ball for more than 3-4 seconds unless it's a pump fake double move route.

I know, but I'm saying he can have almost that amount of time against an average team. Edited by Plum

33 Tom Brady NE 335

https://www.profootb...-time-to-throw/

Out of 33 quarterbacks with a minimum of 175 drop backs, Brady had the fastest time from snap to throw.

#1 on the list was Russell Wilson.

An article by a Philadelphia Eagles reporter before their preseason game, here's a quote:

Hand timed and unofficial, Brady needed 2.27 seconds from the snap to his release on 23 passes

Have a good night

Edited by NucksPatsFan

I know, but I'm saying he can have almost that amount of time against an average team.

A lot of QB's have that time. Did you see Andrew Luck today? All the time in the world. The difference between great QB's and average QB's is they only need a couple seconds to make their decision and throw. How many times have you heard announcers say RG3, or Smith, or Manuel, or Tannehill..etc held on to the ball too long which lead to an incompletion, sack, or INT? Then, how many times have you heard that when Brady, Manning, Rodgers..etc. have the ball?

A lot of QB's have that time. Did you see Andrew Luck today? All the time in the world. The difference between great QB's and average QB's is they only need a couple seconds to make their decision and throw. How many times have you heard announcers say RG3, or Smith, or Manuel, or Tannehill..etc held on to the ball too long which lead to an incompletion, sack, or INT? Then, how many times have you heard that when Brady, Manning, Rodgers..etc. have the ball?

Why are you bringing RG3, Smith, Manuel, etc into it? I'm talking about Brady and his O-line. He is one of the best QBs in league, but how much time did Manning have in Indianapolis? All I'm saying is Brady's O-line is one of best reasons why Brady is so successful. I think if you put Rodgers, Manning, Brees in Brady's spot they would be having more, or the same success that Brady is having.

His O-line should get alot more credit than they get because that is the most reason why he has so much success.

In other news, NYG, WSH are 0-3... Who expected that? Miami is 3-0... Alot of surprises I would say.

Seahawks 3-0, Russell Wilson 10-0 at home.

To add to that, 49ers 1-2, Aldon Smith suspended indefinitely, and a short week. 1-3 could be looming.

Seahawks may win the division by mid season.

Edited by Wilfred

You should just start an I love Brady thread instead of polluting this wonderful thread with your bias propaganda.

Who do they play next?

Go next team that plays the patriots go!!!

You post some uneducated, false BS statements and when I prove you wrong this is what you resort to. Funny. It's like arguing with a child. Don't make stupid comments if you can't back them up.

Why are you bringing RG3, Smith, Manuel, etc into it? I'm talking about Brady and his O-line. He is one of the best QBs in league, but how much time did Manning have in Indianapolis? All I'm saying is Brady's O-line is one of best reasons why Brady is so successful. I think if you put Rodgers, Manning, Brees in Brady's spot they would be having more, or the same success that Brady is having.

His O-line should get alot more credit than they get because that is the most reason why he has so much success.

In other news, NYG, WSH are 0-3... Who expected that? Miami is 3-0... Alot of surprises I would say.

If you don't know why I brought those QB's into the conversation, you clearly aren't equipped to be having this conversation.

Guys like RG3 are afforded the time to be in the pocket by their offensive lines, but he holds on to the ball too long and then either makes a bad throw or gets sacked.

Guys like Brady and Manning are also afforded the time by their offensive lines but they don't need it. Manning and Brady typically get rid of the ball right away. Their minds can go through the check down process (do you even know what that is? How long have you been watching football?) quicker than other QB's and thus are able to make their decisions quicker.

So your argument of Brady can stand back there for 10 seconds on every play and throw the ball when he feels like it makes zero sense.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Can't seem to find anything on this, what's your source? Nfl.com has it as entirely voluntary on Aldons part.

At first I saw reports of the 9ers suspending him, but yes it is voluntary by him.

Huge loss for the 49ers. Right move regardless. Smith wants to get better and he's doing the responsible thing.

Edited by Wilfred