The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

NPF, it makes sense cause how could they sign him without having another player on the IR or cut..

Well Boyce was put on IR about a week ago and there's been an empty roster spot to fill since then. This is where Collie comes in, to fill that. Now with Spikes going on IR, another roster spot is open. A defensive player will fill this roster spot considering our 2 starting inside linebackers are rookie Jamie Collins and journeyman Dane Fletcher and their backups are a 7th round pick rookie Bouhernais and Chris White who hasn't played a single snap on defense all season, only special teams. They'll either promote a LB from the practice squat to fill Spikes roster spot, or sign a free agent who might've worked out for them in the last few weeks.

Yeah, but KC did all of that inside of a dome. I havn't checked the weather forecast for the NE game, but I'm assuming it will be cold, windy, and possibly some snow. That doesn't really sound like a good mixture for putting up alot of points.

Predictions:

New England 21 - 17 Indianapolis

Denver 31 - 21 San Diego

Carolina 17 - 23 San Francisco (hope I'm wrong with this one, Carolina is my bandwagon team this playoffs)

Seattle 34 - 20 New Orleans

Brady is 10-2 in cold (under 22 degrees) playoff games and is the best at passing in the cold weather. Not to mention if it's below 22 farenheit, this is the perfect game for Blount to keep rolling downhill. :) Though can't count out Luck, but I like our chances versus a dome team used to playing in warm, stable conditions.

I think Brady will get injured on the Pat's first drive, then key player after key player :P

I just sense a big offensive burst by Denver, maybe too big, but it just feels right.

You know, the way this year is going, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened -_-'

Just looking forward to next September, you take this Patriots team that may very well go to the AFCCG, and then plug in Rob Gronkowski, Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, Brandon Spikes, Tommy Kelly + any free agents/rookies drafted that won't play just special teams. Hard not to be optimistic. Just hope the guys eat their wheaties and drink their milk over the summer.

You know, the way this year is going, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened -_-'

Just looking forward to next September, you take this Patriots team that may very well go to the AFCCG, and then plug in Rob Gronkowski, Jerod Mayo, Vince Wilfork, Brandon Spikes, Tommy Kelly + any free agents/rookies drafted that won't play just special teams. Hard not to be optimistic. Just hope the guys eat their wheaties and drink their milk over the summer.

Lots of question marks there. Rob's been injure plagued for a while now and even if/when he comes back fully healthy, he can go down in at any instant. To rely on Gronk to carry the TE ship next season would be pretty foolish ion and I'm more than certain BB will draft at least 1 promising TE this year to fill the void, possibly even 2, or maybe sign/trade for another. ...wouldn't it be awesome if Gonzalez gave it one more go with the pats? ...One can dream :)

Lots of question marks there. Rob's been injure plagued for a while now and even if/when he comes back fully healthy, he can go down in at any instant. To rely on Gronk to carry the TE ship next season would be pretty foolish ion and I'm more than certain BB will draft at least 1 promising TE this year to fill the void, possibly even 2, or maybe sign/trade for another. ...wouldn't it be awesome if Gonzalez gave it one more go with the pats? ...One can dream :)

If Rob can stay healthy and Hooman could remain a decent #2 TE I would love to draft a top WR that's big (6'3+) seeing as we don't have a true #1 or any decently sized wideouts. Amendola is a slot/#2 guy, Edelman a #3, Dobson #3/#4 and Thompson #5. Would be awsome to have a big skilled WR who Brady could throw it up to and let him make a play.

The beauty of Gronk is that he plays full out every snap. He's had some bad luck with injuries. If he had taken off with the opposite foot at the line of scrimmage, his strides would have been opposite, his weight would have been on his left leg not his right, and that hit by the Cleveland safety wouldn't have torn his knee up. If Brady didn't air it over Gronk's head versus Houston and instead threw it back shoulder, Gronk never would have dove and land on his arm, and wouldn't have rebroken it. And breaking his arm on a PAT block, that's just the worst luck out of them all.

I just hope he has better luck next season, that's all. It'd be different if he was like Amendola and every hit has the potential to knock him out for a few weeks

A guy I would love for the Pats to draft, and they realistically have a shot at him, is Penn State receiver Allen Robinson. He's big at 6'4 with great after the catch speed and sure hands. However, I see Belichick going defense with our first pick, in which case I'd love to see Louis Nix, a DT from the fighting irish, in a Pats uniform. Or Vic Beasley, a beast of a linebacker out of Clemson. Had a big game in the Orange Bowl this past week.

If you are a football fan and don't have a real interest in this you wanna see the best vs the best.

AFC

Patriots @ Broncos

NFC

49ers @ Seahawks

The 4 best teams. Epic rivalries in both.

Would be amazing to watch if it happened.

No offence to Pats fans, not that they care about my opinion ;) , but I would rather see Luck vs Manning again. Reason? If Brady and Manning play against each other again it won't matter who wins, there will still be a pissing match between fans of each about who is better and for what reasons. I am looking forward to Brady vs Luck though, it should be an awesome battle.

Russel Wilson. You had better be reviewing tape from the first half of the season where you could do no wrong. Keep your passes on point. For the love of Christ Seahawks D just make sure that no damned Saints come in to Seattle and break anything open.

Luls DeSean Jackson wants a raise again. I hope they cut him.

Can't do that. I want to see Cooper, Jackson, Maclin next season with Ertz and Celek up there that offense will be deadly.

He shouldn't get one but he might since he is the best WR on the Eagles and Eagles can afford losing him.

Edited by Plum

No offence to Pats fans, not that they care about my opinion ;) , but I would rather see Luck vs Manning again. Reason? If Brady and Manning play against each other again it won't matter who wins, there will still be a pissing match between fans of each about who is better and for what reasons. I am looking forward to Brady vs Luck though, it should be an awesome battle.

Russel Wilson. You had better be reviewing tape from the first half of the season where you could do no wrong. Keep your passes on point. For the love of Christ Seahawks D just make sure that no damned Saints come in to Seattle and break anything open.

Okay, Pats vs Chargers it is. ;)

• Upvote 1

Can't do that. I want to see Cooper, Jackson, Maclin next season with Ertz and Celek up there that offense will be deadly.

He shouldn't get one but he might since he is the best WR on the Eagles and Eagles can afford losing him.

It sounds nice but it's overkill especially considering the heart of the offense runs through McCoy, they simply don't need Jackson.

But as far as contracts go it's ridiculous he is not an elite WR. He runs poor routes and gives up on numerous plays as well as runs soft routes across the middle because he is afraid of getting hit. He is a 1 dimensional player and he excels in that one dimension but certainly does not deserve more money.

Keep in mind his annual average contract has him as the 8th highest paid WR in the NFL and he wants more. He is already overpaid.

Edited by Florence
  • Upvote 1

If you are a football fan and don't have a real interest in this you wanna see the best vs the best.

AFC

Patriots @ Broncos

NFC

49ers @ Seahawks

The 4 best teams. Epic rivalries in both.

Would be amazing to watch if it happened.

These are the Conference match-ups that I'd like to see, but I think that we'll see the Colts victorious over the Pats. I'd like the Pats to win but they are just so crippled with injuries while the Colts are coming in on off that huge comeback so you know they will be confident. And lot of times wildcard winning teams will come in more ready to play than the teams with first round byes.

You can't ever count out Brady though.

These are the Conference match-ups that I'd like to see, but I think that we'll see the Colts victorious over the Pats. I'd like the Pats to win but they are just so crippled with injuries while the Colts are coming in on off that huge comeback so you know they will be confident. And lot of times wildcard winning teams will come in more ready to play than the teams with first round byes.

You can't ever count out Brady though.

I still think the Patriots can get by the Colts with their injuries. The Spikes injury would be more serious if Trent Richardson didn't play like Ricky Williams in his later years and Donald Brown was had elite ankle breaking speed. However, should they get past the Colts, the injuries will be too many to overcome versus Peyton Manning, or Rivers and Brown/Woodhead. :(

If not the Pats, I wanna see Luke Kuechly shut down the other NFC teams on their way to the Super Bowl :D