The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Buffalo Bills need help shoveling 220,000 tons of snow from stadium, offer $10/hour, free tickets

Think they are now realizing how stupid of an idea that was .. how are these volunteers going to get to stadium to help? How will other fans or even players get to stadium. Where will you shovel the snow in the stadium to? What about the parking lot?

Cheaper than paying the city.

If I was a hardcore Bills fan in Buffalo, I'd probably be down for some shovelin'.

Every winter they offer this same deal 10/hr. The only thing different is the tickets this time around. The big problem is that there are driving bans all over the place, including parts of Orchard Park.

Cheaper than paying the city.

The city won't help them. They'll have to pay private contractors to help them. Pegula also owns the Bills. He's worth $4.6Billion, you'd think that he would pry the wallet apart a bit farther open. Offer these people $20-30/ hr. and they'll get a whole lot more people showing up.

Imagine fans going to shovel for 10 hours only to find out that the game has been rescheduled or moved to another city.

That would suck for them. I'm sure they'd get tickets to a future game. Like I said above, Pegula should at least offer these people $20-30 /hr. since this time around there's special circumstances.

Imagine fans going to shovel for 10 hours only to find out that the game has been rescheduled or moved to another city.

Pretty sure they'd still get paid and still get tickets.

The city won't help them. They'll have to pay private contractors to help them. Pegula also owns the Bills. He's worth $4.6Billion, you'd think that he would pry the wallet apart a bit farther open. Offer these people $20-30/ hr. and they'll get a whole lot more people showing up.

If no one does show the up they might have to. Edited by Mr. Ambien

Pretty sure they'd still get paid and still get tickets.

If no one does show the up they might have to.

At this point I'd almost guarantee that they'll move the game to another stadium. Today 2 more people froze to death. If anything happens to anybody at the stadium or on their way to or back from it, the PR would be terrible.

The Bills game will be in Detroit.

https://twitter.com/NBCdianna/status/535551854919569408

I don't get why they don't just postpone it for another time in a week or 2....not like those Bills fans will be able to show up to the game anyways. They're gonna be stuck either way :S

I don't get why they don't just postpone it for another time in a week or 2....not like those Bills fans will be able to show up to the game anyways. They're gonna be stuck either way :S

They'd have to schedule it in the middle of a week. Essentially the Bills players would end up playing 3 games in 7-8 days time.

Cuz then the Bills and Jets would be playing an extra week, extending the entire regular season and essentially giving all the playoff teams another BYE week (not that the Jets and Bills will make the playoffs anyways).

It just messes up with the scheduling of the NFL and how it works.

Cuz then the Bills and Jets would be playing an extra week, extending the entire regular season and essentially giving all the playoff teams another BYE week (not that the Jets and Bills will make the playoffs anyways).

It just messes up with the scheduling of the NFL and how it works.

This. Might as well make them play this Saturday then Sunday. Not like the games matter. :bigblush:

Just a question to the many Pats fans on here. I was just curious how your guys offensive line is because if I remember correctly there was quite a bit of complaining going on about them at the beginning of the season. Have they shored that issue up for now or is Brady just bailing their ass out right now?

Hahahahahahaha anyone watch the last two minutes of the Oakland game? Man..... On 3rd down with less than a 1:30 in the game, Oakland sacks Smith and they start celebrating excessively 20 yards down the field... KC all ready to snap the ball to spike it and the two Raiders are still dancing around like idiots.. How hilarious

If someone could make a gif or get video for that, that'd be hilarious

Hahahahahahaha anyone watch the last two minutes of the Oakland game? Man..... On 3rd down with less than a 1:30 in the game, Oakland sacks Smith and they start celebrating excessively 20 yards down the field... KC all ready to snap the ball to spike it and the two Raiders are still dancing around like idiots.. How hilarious

If someone could make a gif or get video for that, that'd be hilarious

One guy was the difference there between being 1-10 and possibly 0-11, while those two idiots were all 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage giving each other the reach around.

Just a question to the many Pats fans on here. I was just curious how your guys offensive line is because if I remember correctly there was quite a bit of complaining going on about them at the beginning of the season. Have they shored that issue up for now or is Brady just bailing their ass out right now?

They've figured it out. Guess it was just growing pains with veterans leaving, new oline coordinator, and new faces being put in new situations.

...Bryan Stork, rookie starting centre, man that kid has game! Just 24 years of age and plays like a monster. Goal line situations, he just shoves defense down and he hasn't let anyone sack Brady yet in his career. Can't praise him enough.