The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Mixed feeling about the Lions game today. In no way shape or form did the Lions deserve anything other than the loss today, didn't play well enough other than the defense second quarter onwards. The offense executed poorly and the play calling was even worse (Yes I'm looking at you shotgun draw right up the middle not even using our power back Bell on 3rd and one with the Cardinals sending the house, TWICE).

But it still hurts to lose a game that you were in until the very end. Doesn't help that a couple suspect calls went against us that I completely disagree with. The call that took away Ross' heads up punt return to the Cards 45, but was ruled the kicking team downed it at the one even though he threw it back as he was falling in the endzone. Last I checked you need to establish position and complete the process, similar to a receiving touchdown.

Also Fitzgeralds third and long first down at the end to seal it. I still feel that was an extremely generous spot and to not even bother measuring on such a close and crucial play was just laughable.

Like I said Arizona probably deserved the game, just sucked that we had chances to win and didn't capitalize.

On to next week I guess where we'll go into New England and probably win about 50-0 :P

Edited by canuckfan_21

8-2 and the #1 seed in the AFC.

Kind of glad Brady had a below average game by his standards, just means he's going to work that much harder during the week and will be playing on another level next Sunday when the Lions and their #1 defense come to town. Should make for a great game.

As I type this Gronk scores an absolute beauty.

8-2 and the #1 seed in the AFC.

Kind of glad Brady had a below average game by his standards, just means he's going to work that much harder during the week and will be playing on another level next Sunday when the Lions and their #1 defense come to town. Should make for a great game.

As I type this Gronk scores an absolute beauty.

That. Was. Insane.